• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, it is becoming more likely that this isn't the first time Kirk's accompanied a man into the bathroom for a consensual encounter. ;)

But, indeed, I'm starting get what he's saying. The officer wasn't like, "Come with me so I can interrogate you." It sounds like it was more, "Hey, I've gotta ask you something, because I heard something you need to know."

For as much as I tell family/friends to STFU if they HAVE to interact with police, there are many officers that if they asked me, "Hey, can I talk to you in private for a second?" I wouldn't hesitate to go with them and talk to them. Well, mostly listen.

I think there's nuance here that, in typical INGO style, is difficult to convey.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kirk seems to be deflecting. Any time questions arise about what exactly happened in that bathroom, he gets angry and accuses us of not being concerned with the proper topic. Which I find just mystifying.

I'm beginning to pick up on this....:popcorn:

Well, it is becoming more likely that this isn't the first time Kirk's accompanied a man into the bathroom for a consensual encounter. ;)

But, indeed, I'm starting get what he's saying. The officer wasn't like, "Come with me so I can interrogate you." It sounds like it was more, "Hey, I've gotta ask you something, because I heard something you need to know."

For as much as I tell family/friends to STFU if they HAVE to interact with police, there are many officers that if they asked me, "Hey, can I talk to you in private for a second?" I wouldn't hesitate to go with them and talk to them. Well, mostly listen.

I think there's nuance here that, in typical INGO style, is difficult to convey.

That scenario would definitely paint a different picture than the one I had in my mind.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That scenario would definitely paint a different picture than the one I had in my mind.

I have known Scott Hodson for a very long time. Husband of the former office manager of Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney when I worked there ('95-'99) (it is 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon here in Tippecanoe County, but we only need 3). Scott Hodson is the epitome of the professional cop, understated, direct, but with a sense of humor.

He made a request, not an order. When he asked me if I was carrying a gun, I thought it was a joke.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Kirk seems to be deflecting. Any time questions arise about what exactly happened in that bathroom, he gets angry and accuses us of not being concerned with the proper topic. Which I find just mystifying.

I have known Scott Hodson for a very long time. Husband of the former office manager of Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney when I worked there ('95-'99) (it is 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon here in Tippecanoe County, but we only need 3). Scott Hodson is the epitome of the professional cop, understated, direct, but with a sense of humor.

He made a request, not an order. When he asked me if I was carrying a gun, I thought it was a joke.

Details. The details can make all the difference in the message received.

I interpreted (understandably or not) your earlier narrative to be that the encounter was more...."professional" or "on duty".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Geez, I've been asked into bathrooms at courthouses to see what I was packing and you don't see it ending up in the newspaper.

yet.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think Kirk is capable of handling himself just fine. Our collective pearl-clutching won't be much of a help. If he needs some civil lawsuit help, doubtful, he knows where to find me. Outrage is overrated unless there's something to do with it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I feel I must report myself for another heinous crime that I have committed:

I taught my Wing Chun brother how to say "Good Morning" in Russian this morning at the coffee house.

It is readily apparent that everyone who does not like my FOIA into the phony courtroom should report me for colluding with the Russians.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel I must report myself for another heinous crime that I have committed:

I taught my Wing Chun brother how to say "Good Morning" in Russian this morning at the coffee house.

It is readily apparent that everyone who does not like my FOIA into the phony courtroom should report me for colluding with the Russians.

306529.jpg

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    *sigh*

There was no stop. Scott's words were something like, "Hey, Kirk, can I talk to you?" I could have told him to jump in the river and kept walking.

Why is INGO so obsessed with the cop-Kirk interaction instead of the bullying and retaliation for exercising a First Amendment right? Talk about shooting at the wrong target. It's like it is one of the Four Rules or something.:D

There is an abuse here but it does not involve the cops and me.

You have my sympathy as you try to address a serious point. I don't understand why there is apparently so much difficulty in understanding the actual problem that you challenged an 'instant GFZ, just post bogus sign on closet door' and are promptly faced with a spurious accusation with no apparent accuser which, if allowed to continue unchecked, could lead to more egregious examples of the same for the 'offense' of becoming inconvenient to someone who does not feel the need to be 'inconvenienced' by the law they are supposed to uphold.

Top Bottom