• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're expecting every word to be read and understood by everyone the same way.

Welcome to INGO; you must be new here. ;)

Well I did say, if LE could "make that determination." If LE in Austin are having difficulty determining whether or not two guys blown up while riding bikes are victims of said bombing, then I don't have much faith that this investigation will be concluded successfully. lol

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    All the locations have a park or green belt nearby. Interesting. Austin does have a lot of little parks, so this could easily be in the realm of coincidence.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hence why I used intended targets.
    You actually used the word “victims” not targets. Forgive me for misreading your attempt to make it into something else? Who’s to say the victims weren’t the intended targets? Or maybe the guys a nut case and it was random?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's what he was asking....
    Then phrasing it in a different way, such as “were these guys the intended targets” would have worked better. Not asking if LE are able to determine the intended targets? Or, “I’d be interested to know if the actual victims were the intended targets”?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Then phrasing it in a different way, such as “were these guys the intended targets” would have worked better. Not asking if LE are able to determine the intended targets? Or, “I’d be interested to know if the actual victims were the intended targets”?

Wow.

The INGO editorial board seems itchy this Monday morning. :D

There is literally no meaningful difference between your proposed questions and...

I'll be interested to see who the intended victims of this lastest bombing were, if LE can make that determination.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hope the LEOs get a net on this guy soon. He's changing tactics and in another week we could see something that is real bad.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I hope the LEOs get a net on this guy soon. He's changing tactics and in another week we could see something that is real bad.

They're now reporting that the latest two explosions were detonated by trip-wires.
    They're saying it's "another level of sophistication" not previously seen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow.

The INGO editorial board seems itchy this Monday morning. :D

There is literally no meaningful difference between your proposed questions and...

All things Kut must be vigorously opposed.
    (undecided on purple)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's for your own good.

latest

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Have they confirmed....somehow...that this latest incident is the same guy?
    Closest I've seen reported:

Texas explosions: 'Serial bomber' suspected in Austin blasts - BBC News

Investigators say they have seen similarities in all four cases.
    "We are clearly dealing with what we expect to be a serial bomber at this point," Austin police chief Brian Manley said at a news conference on Monday.
    "We have seen similarities in the devices that exploded here last night and the other three devices."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As far as that... I guess there'd have to be some sort of "signature" of the bombs. Same materials... same triggering method... something along those lines.

Otherwise, hard to say... since I'd imagine it's difficult to examine something that's in a thousand pieces.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As far as that... I guess there'd have to be some sort of "signature" of the bombs. Same materials... same triggering method... something along those lines.

Otherwise, hard to say... since I'd imagine it's difficult to examine something that's in a thousand pieces.

My limited professional familiarity with this kind of thing revealed that people who do things like this have certain preferences. Whether it is the concentrations used in the boom-stuff, or the choice of electronics, even down to how they solder the wires. While the pieces might be very spread out (especially when outside), a lot of the actual bomb hardware can survive the explosion.

The more pieces that the investigators can find, the more likely they are to be able to match up the components and compare them. If certain "design choices" get repeated, then they can deduce that it is the same person.

Likewise, there may be tips as to whether the person is a DIY kinda dude or was trained by an organization. Certain... training regimens make their trainees more familiar with certain design choices, so if investigators see those choices reflected in a bomb, they may be able to figure out other aspects of the person's history.

Top Bottom