• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Speaking of mad bombers: Friday night explosion came from car in motel parking lot UPDATED MONDAY

This was in Nashville Indiana. (Thanks to patience0830 for the heads-up)

UPDATE MONDAY MORNING: Sheriff’s department Public Information Officer Josh Stargell said in a press release that “the explosion does not appear to be accidental and is not drug related.”

Reports of people hearing it came from as far away as the Brown-Bartholomew county line.
    That's nine miles as the bird flies.

Second best part: Guy was in his car when it blew up, but "The man’s hat was burned to the ceiling, but he told police he could hear OK, and he didn’t have any serious injuries."

Best part: "After the explosion blew the windshield and windows out of his car, the driver left the lodge and drove west on State Road 46."

PT-Cruiser-1024x576.png

ETA: Florida Man has competition.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reports that the man had just left The Bean Burrito Shack and lit up a cigarette before the explosion remain unconfirmed.

(Too soon?)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Speaking of mad bombers: Friday night explosion came from car in motel parking lot UPDATED MONDAY

Second best part: Guy was in his car when it blew up, but "The man’s hat was burned to the ceiling, but he told police he could hear OK, and he didn’t have any serious injuries."

Best part: "After the explosion blew the windshield and windows out of his car, the driver left the lodge and drove west on State Road 46."

PT-Cruiser-1024x576.png

ETA: Florida Man has competition.
    Didnt even gear about that one, and its localism?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My limited professional familiarity with this kind of thing revealed that people who do things like this have certain preferences. Whether it is the concentrations used in the boom-stuff, or the choice of electronics, even down to how they solder the wires. While the pieces might be very spread out (especially when outside), a lot of the actual bomb hardware can survive the explosion.

The more pieces that the investigators can find, the more likely they are to be able to match up the components and compare them. If certain "design choices" get repeated, then they can deduce that it is the same person.

Likewise, there may be tips as to whether the person is a DIY kinda dude or was trained by an organization. Certain... training regimens make their trainees more familiar with certain design choices, so if investigators see those choices reflected in a bomb, they may be able to figure out other aspects of the person's history.

Also, more data, means more opportunity to find similarities.
    But, it's kinda rough on the population.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Excuse me, sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

PT-Cruiser-1024x576.png

Maybe the guy just likes to experiment with different ways of making things go boom?

[video=youtube;uHkvD7-u7y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHkvD7-u7y8[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reports of a package sent to Austin exploding at a FedEx facility.

Makes me wonder of bomber dude is an employee.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hope this helps track them down somehow... sounds similar to the previous ones.

ATF says no one was seriously injured.

Schertz police say the package was in the sorting area of the facility. The explosion happened around 12:30 a.m. and about 75 employees were there at the time. Officials said the medium-sized package had metal and nails inside it.

FedEx released a statement on the incident, saying "We can confirm that a single package exploded while in a FedEx Ground sortation facility early this morning. One team member is being treated for minor injuries. We are working closely with law enforcement in their investigation. We are not providing any additional specific information about this package at this time."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder who the intended victim was, if law enforcement can even make that determination.

;)

CNN reporting that an LEO confirmed that they "suspect" the FedEx boomification is related to the other bombs.

I could link. But, it is CNN.

It seems to me that this one is an effort to throw LE off the trail.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wonder who the intended victim was, if law enforcement can even make that determination.

;)

CNN reporting that an LEO confirmed that they "suspect" the FedEx boomification is related to the other bombs.

I could link. But, it is CNN.

It seems to me that this one is an effort to throw LE off the trail.
    It heard on the radio this morning it was sent from Austin to Austin. The nearest sorting facility must be Schertz.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe there is no "intended victim" or "intended target group".

Sometimes the objective is just to instill terror in the general population.

I am waiting for the anti-gunners to call for the banning of "assault packages".
    Since there is no such thing, they can make it anything they want.
    Limit weight or size.
    If it saves one life
    No one need to ship anything that big or heavy.
    We should require background checks to mail.
    Etc.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just realized that there's a PGA tour event in Austin this weekend.

If this guy is getting ballsier for body count, that's going to be tempting.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hmm. Schertz is (barely) in Guadalupe (my) County, northeast of San Antonio (different county (Bexar) not that you could tell, it's all one mass of city) and just outside Randolph AFB. Given it was in a sorting facility I doubt the location was significant in anyway, but is closer. Hmmm.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just realized that there's a PGA tour event in Austin this weekend.

If this guy is getting ballsier for body count, that's going to be tempting.

Possibly, but there are plenty crowds to blow up already. So far this is more like just causing general mayhem, maybe as a cover for something else, maybe just because, Unabomber-like.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Could've been an experiment. It was on a conveyor belt, those things create a lot of static electricity/might have caused detonation. Bad guy just gained knowledge. This is going to get bad real quick. The ones who don't blow themselves up are dangerous.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In most cases of murder or serial killers there is an "intimacy" involved in the killing....It's close, personal, intimate...This is sterile and voyeuristic.....Kind of like the Joker in the Batman franchise....

imam-madness-iam-chaos-i-am-theioker-the-joker-17456176.png

It's mayhem for mayhem sake...No intimacy, no reason, no sense.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, current reports are that FedEx confirmed that the person who shipped the package that exploded at the facility also sent another package, which has also been secured by LE.

Seems like we might be getting more info, perhaps even a sketch or CCTV, on the bomber at some point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cue conspiracy theorists.

The San Antonio Police Department says its police chief was mistaken when he said that investigators found a second package bomb that hadn't detonated at a FedEx distribution center.The department says in a news release police Chief William McManus misspoke at a news conference earlier Tuesday and that there was only one package bomb at the Schertz facility — the one that exploded.

https://www.wthr.com/article/police-say-there-wasnt-a-2nd-fedex-center-bomb

Top Bottom