Bad Experience with Security at Circle Center while carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So I went to Circle Center mall to play a few rounds of free <groupon.com> glow in the dark golf with my son.

I was carrying my CCW as usual, AIWB 1911 under a untucked dress shirt.

Played a few rounds of golf, and started down the escalator...when I was stopped by Mall Security, and in a professional and polite way asked to "Please use the elevator next time, we dont allow strollers on the escalator, even when they are folded."

I asked if I was free to go, and wether I was being detained, and he said "no. We just dont want anyone falling on the escalator."

My stroller carry rights were being violated. So I had to go all the way over to the elevator, hit the button, wait, wait, wait and wait, like some sort of third class citizen, just because I had a stroller with me.

So then we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory, and passed a panhandler whos sign said "Why Lie? Its for Vodka."

Gave him a buck for being funny.

-1 Circle Center. I should be able to openly carry my stroller wherever I want. Escalator, Elevator, Hot Topic, or Champs.

So long as I am on control of the stroller, noone can snatch it from behind, and I prevent the stroller from any unintended unfoldings, whats the problem?!

:dunno:

I just felt the need to vent, thanks guys.

:yesway:

JBTs violating stroller carry rights across the nation.

When.
    Will.
    We.
    Make.
    Our.
    STAND?!

g12c0000000000000006c0c3969f76b25057d511381ccb92fe46de841b4.jpg

amd_stroller_suv.jpg

1_61_041908_toddler.jpg

l8ho84-b78688921z.120100909095145000gkcqauol.2.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    oh your just too funny. making fun of a possible legitimate complaint. and posting it in the wrong section! way to go.

I certainly have no idea what you are talking about. SOMEONE ELSE has had their stroller carry rights violated as well!?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    You were just an easy mark. You don't think he was going to challenge one of those dozen or so hormonal women do you? :dunno:

Frankly, those women were borderline IMHO.

Nobody needs to carry THAT MUCH stroller. Those are ... polymer assault strollers.

Look at the size of those offroad monstrositys, nobody NEEDS a cupholder on a stroller, other than law enforcement and the military of course.

This is all I carry.
    Kolcraft_Umbrella_Stroller_large.jpg

Comon. We need some common sense laws when it comes to Stroller Carry, those giant polymer strollers are simply too capable to trust the average soccer mom with.

I mean look at this.

Polymer, Hi Capacity, Flat Dark Earth, with QD Carrier for CQB.

Modern Sporting Stroller? Or Magpul Assault Stroller?

graco1.jpg

What do you NEED a 6 wheeled, dual cupholdered, quick detach, FDE, offroad assault stroller FOR?

BECAUSE YOU CAN?!?!

WRONG ANSWER. :bat::bat::bat:

In other news, this Assault Stroller was made by Ruger.

graco-stroller-recall-2010.jpg

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I am blown away that you willingly caved in, did not stand up for your rights and cowtowed to the man***, your rights were violated if no sign was posted stating plainly, that you could not take a stroller down the escalator.....:xmad:

Just kidding, hope you guys had fun:yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am blown away that you willingly caved in, did not stand up for your rights and cowtowed to the man***, your rights were violated if no sign was posted stating plainly, that you could not take a stroller down the escalator.....:xmad:

Just kidding, hope you guys had fun:yesway:

We did. I wouldnt PAY for "playing putt putt in the dark" but my son enjoyed it, and I was able to bust my father in law for cheating.

I will say, my new thick soft leather backing I GLUED to the back of my kydex holster really helped alot when I had to bend over 80 times to pick golf balls out of the cup.

And, Old Spaghetti Factory..... is never a bad time. :yesway:

Almost ran over a drunk bachelorette, she was having some... issues with ... standing. In the middle of the street. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Don't forget how TSA and the airlines have conspired for years to prevent stroller-carry onboard flights - both foreign and domestic. Having to check a stroller at the gate is humiliating.

Perhaps a sub-forum is necessary for these discussions?

Top Bottom