Bald Eagle Shot in Morgan County - INGO Help needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Someone has shot a Bald Eagle. :xmad: DNR needs our help. It appears there is a cash reward and INGO will kick in $100 if an INGOer provides the Tip.

Someone has shot a Bald Eagle in Morgan County. We need your help!!!! You are encouraged to call our TIP line at 1-800-TIP-IDNR or visit http://in.gov/dnrtip/ with any information. If that information leads to an arrest, a cash reward is offered. Thanks Indiana for helping us protect our Natural Resources and National Symbol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If this has been posted elsewhere on INGO that is fine. We will merge into this thread as we are linking this on Facebook. This might fit better in the great outdoors form but General Firearms gets ore traffic.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Is there anything in Indiana that can be mistaken for an Eagle? Of the times I've seen bald eagles I've always been confident that it was indeed an eagle.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is there anything in Indiana that can be mistaken for an Eagle? Of the times I've seen bald eagles I've always been confident that it was indeed an eagle.

All raptors are protected. None of them may be shot. This was some jackwagon that knew what he was doing.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I posted my outrage in the other thread. I do not think I am alone in saying that I would not accept any reward but the satisfaction of delivering this individual to the authorities if I had any information whatsoever. I would love to see just one of these majestic birds in my life. My Lady and I keep meaning to go to Turkey Run when the park does their "tour" of the nests but keep missing it. Senseless... I know, this is starting to sound like outrage part 2...

Bane_FTW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Wabash County
    This person must have no respect.. Really upsets me that someone could actually shoot such a beautiful animal what ever their reason may be.

Also! Wishing the DNR good luck on finding the responsible person.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Loose lips sink ships... Hopefully the culprit can't help but brag to his buddies who also can't keep their traps shut.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As a friend of mine once told me, "two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead". Hopefully there was more than one person present or the idiot who did this talks. Hopefully punishment will be swift and severe.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    As a friend of mine once told me, "two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead". Hopefully there was more than one person present or the idiot who did this talks. Hopefully punishment will be swift and severe.

If two people know a secret one of them is a snitch..... it will come out eventually if he talks to anyone.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That is too bad. Hopefully we don't have a serial bird killer here (no kidding). A Whooping Crane was shot in Jackson Co. last month and left dead in the field as well.

Whoever shot these wasn't doing it for sport / trophy, and wasn't doing it for food either, since they left the dead birds where they lay.

Do we know if it was shot out of a tree, or shot while in flight?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

My father(at one time a Judge) God rest his soul, once told me that there are 2 rules for committing felonies, 1) do it by yourself 2) don't tell anyone. Violating either or both of those will ALWAYS get you caught.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Are there this many idiots out there?

Are there really this many idiots out there?

Two Shot in Kansas
    2 bald eagles shot and killed in Kansas | CJOnline.com

Two shot in Louisiana
    Reward being offered for information into shot bald eagle | The News Star | thenewsstar.com
    Bald eagle will not fly again after being shot in wing | NBC33 | WVLA

Two Shot in Washington
    Finley woman says 2 men killed bald eagle - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news
    Bald Eagles Shot in West Virginia | USFWS Northeast Region Office of Law Enforcement

Three Shot in Tennessee
    Third Bald Eagle Shot In Tennessee, Cash Reward Offered - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Four Shot in West Virginia
    Bald Eagles Shot in West Virginia | USFWS Northeast Region Office of Law Enforcement

Florida
    Who Shot this Bald Eagle? Reward Offered | firstcoastnews.com

Illinois
    Bald Eagle Shot In North Central Illinois « CBS Chicago

Texas
    Bald Eagle shot from East Texas skies, authorities want answers - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |

North Carolina
    $2,500 Reward for Information Involving Bald Eagle Shooting in Warren County | U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Southeast Region

New York
    Bald eagle in critical condition after being shot - YNN, Your News Now

Maryland
    Bald eagle killed: Bald eagle found fatally shot in Western Maryland - Baltimore Sun

Michigan
    Bald eagle shot in Genesee County, Michigan - Outdoor News: News

Idaho
    Cars Hit Eagles In SE Idaho, Bald Eagle Shot - Local News Story - KIFI Idaho Falls

And now Indiana
    Bald Eagle Found Shot To Death - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Is that 23 Bald Eagles shot in 2012? And that's just the ones I found out about with a superficial google search. How many were unreported?

Why would you do this?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom