Bald Eagle Shot in Morgan County - INGO Help needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The eagle is a beautiful bird and all, but I'm sorry, I just can't muster the outrage I see being expressed on these pages.

Kind of in the same boat

It's goes much deeper than the beauty of the "bird" as you called it.

There are parts of this country where the Bald Eagle, despite being the National Symbol, really isn't regarded much more than a nuisance.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's not just gun-owners, though this does make our community look bad.

Several years ago, some dip-stick broke into the Columbian Park zoo in the middle of the night and tried to steal a Bald Eagle.

Unfortunately the bird was wounded beyond help and died shortly after the theft attempt. That bird DID make the idiot pay though. That eagle tore the guy to shreds. He needed medical attention so bad he was caught the next day I believe.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Kind of in the same boat

There are parts of this country where the Bald Eagle, despite being the National Symbol, really isn't regarded much more than a nuisance.

There are also places in this country that feel the United States flag is nothing more than a nuisance, as well as the Constitution.

If you can't show respect for your country's national symbols....:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kind of in the same boat

Dude, seriously??? :rolleyes::noway: I'm disappointed. Most of the time I think children out in public are a nuisance too, but I wouldn't shoot a child.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can anyone look at this creature and think, "Eh, it's just vermin. Let's shoot it!"

IMG_0455.jpg

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The eagle is a beautiful bird and all, but I'm sorry, I just can't muster the outrage I see being expressed on these pages.

Really ?......?......:dunno:
    Are you stoopid ?.....?

Turn in your weapons.....guns,bows,etc........
    You obviously ain't got no respect for life.....of any kind if ya condone,or can't see the outrage of the senseless,wanton waste of this magnificent bird....or wanton waste of any animal/creature.......my :twocents:....You get the :noway:.....twice....:noway:

:cool:

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    To me it wouldn't matter if they are federally protected or not , its what they stand for , and what so many Americans have died for . If anyone cant understand that then feel free to pack your bags and leave .

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Kind of in the same boat

Maybe it was hit with another stray bullet from Juarez, MX?

I agree, this is only going to become more common as the population of them continues to explode. They are like seagulls in some areas.

Still quite majestic to see in flight in person.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Some things ya just don't go blow'n the 'eff out of......ya know?.....Federally protect'd for a reason......:nono:

Well, federally protected yes, but I ain't losing any sleep over it::rolleyes:

It doesn't bother me to this extent: :xmad:

Sad to think someone would shoot such a beautiful bird: :(

I just don't feel the outrage: :dunno:

:twocents:

Last edited:

ajinator537

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Bargersville
    It is sad to think that this could happen but as more and more enthusiasts join the sport, this type of occurrence will happen more often. It is great to hear the the bald eagle is making a significant come back though!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wikipedia:
    "It was officially removed from the U.S. federal government's list of endangered species on July 12, 1995, by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, when it was reclassified from "Endangered" to "Threatened." On July 6, 1999, a proposal was initiated "To Remove the Bald Eagle in the Lower 48 States From the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife." It was de-listed on June 28, 2007.[44] It has also been assigned a risk level of Least Concern category on the IUCN Red List.[1]"

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/Eagle/guidelines/bgepa.html

"The Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act (16 U.S.C. 668-668c), enacted in 1940, and amended several times since then, prohibits anyone, without a permit issued by the Secretary of the Interior, from "taking" bald eagles, including their parts, nests, or eggs. The Act provides criminal penalties for persons who "take, possess, sell, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, at any time or any manner, any bald eagle ... [or any golden eagle], alive or dead, or any part, nest, or egg thereof." The Act defines "take" as "pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb."

"A violation of the Act can result in a fine of $100,000 ($200,000 for organizations), imprisonment for one year, or both, for a first offense. Penalties increase substantially for additional offenses, and a second violation of this Act is a felony."

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    yes, outrage, majestic, making a comeback, symbolic, and sadly held in higher esteem by the federal gov than an unborn child.....

Well......I got'a agree......ProLife here dude....I don't condone that shizz neither.....:noway:

If these girls/women don' want kids....oughta use protection....or keep they d**n legs closed.....my :twocents: on that......

Top Bottom