Bald Eagle Shot in Morgan County - INGO Help needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have eagles around my property. I witnessed one swoop down and take a fish from the river, it is truly amazing. As a kid I never thought that I would ever see an eagle and now I walk out my front door and occasionally see one flying nearby. What in the hell would ever make someone want to kill one?

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Reading these kind of things always saddens me, as usually the best lame excuse the people that commit these kind of actions can offer is that it was after their (expletive) chickens or chihuahua.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I suggest whoever can contribute to reward funds for INGO for information leading to the culprit.....I will begin sharing on Facebook as much as possible

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    the question was asked earlier***can a bald eagle be confused w/another bird? and the answer is yes....the common buzzard because the bald eagle DOES NOT show a white (bald) head or tail until they are sexually mature. In other words a young eagle will be somewhat hard to tell from a buzzard...they can take 3-5 years to become mature but that's NO ESCUSE for shooting however....

although the ones that fish Heritage Lake catch more fish than I do :D

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is really sad. I hope they can catch the POS responsible for this.:xmad:

If I had any info on this I surely would not need any kind of reward.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who in the heck shoots a bald eagle!?! Somebody speak up!

Only an idiot would do this. I go to the upper peninsula alot, and there is a nesting pair in Belleville MI where my brother lives. I have seen them many times and it always leaves me with chills watching them.

Why does someone do this? Only they can tell. Thrills? Whatever it is, it needs to be stopped. They are truly a wonder to behold.

My son in law and I were fishing and walking the bank. He walked under a pine tree where one was hangin out in, when he walked under it took off. Sounded like the whole tree was coming down and scared the jeepers out of us. It flew across the river and landed in a tree there. We were catching alot of fish until it flew. Got not even a bite after that.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    While playing a round at Eagle Point (hole 11) there was one about 60' feet up in a pine tree right next to the green. As there was no one behind us for at least four holes back my wife and I just watched in awe as it called to it's mate. Then from across two fairways came it's mate and landed in the pine a couple of feet from the first. After a couple of minutes they took off towards the res. I was so taken with what we had just seen I missed a 8" birdie putt!

The asshat that did this needs to be in a federal prison. I wish I knew who it was, I would not hesitate a second to speak up.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I never thought of shooting a Bald Eagle to see what it tasted like, I wonder if it tastes like Spotted Owl, guess it is time to find out

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Absolutely unacceptable! Such a magnificent bird Bald Eagles are.

Every time I see one I am taken back to my childhood in Wyoming where we used to see them flying free all of the time!

Such a shame.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Must have been Beavis and Butthead. They shot a plane down in one episode.

What goes through people's minds? As far as having mistaken it for a vulture, they cannot be taken either. A poacher's a poacher.

Top Bottom