Bald Eagle Shot in Morgan County - INGO Help needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Listen folks, I'm not condoning any harming of ANY raptor.

But if you spend much time in the population centers in Alaska, or talk with those who do, you'll find out that up there, the bald eagle is roughly the equivalent of the turkey buzzard is here.

They are absolutely magnificent looking birds. I could spend hours just watching them (And other raptors) even if they're just sitting still.

I don't see people getting upset when our state bird, the Cardinal, is harmed / shot / killed. I mean, it IS the state bird, right?

I wouldn't necessarily agree with Benjamin Franklin on wanting the wild turkey to be our national symbol/bird, but I don't necessarily disagree with him for wanting something other than a bald eagle. Something about seeing hundreds of them eating trash is just rather unmajestic, me thinks.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonkertb
    yes, outrage, majestic, making a comeback, symbolic, and sadly held in higher esteem by the federal gov than an unborn child.....

Well......I got'a agree......ProLife here dude....I don't condone that shizz neither.....:noway:

If these girls/women don' want kids....oughta use protection....or keep they d**n legs closed.....my :twocents: on that......

I'm with ya guys.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have to agree that while its sad that is got shot and is dead. I just dont see the point in going nuts screaming "kill the bastard". Yes he/she should be punished but I just dont see the point in the severe rage and anger that some are sporting.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was discussing this with chuddly at a Men's breakfast this morning. He lives about a mile outside of Eminence. We were discussing that the eagle could have been shot miles from there with a 22 or something and that was as far as it could fly. It could have happened anywhere.

Anyway, he hasn't heard anything even about where they found it.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Wild Turkey

Kind of in the same boat

There are parts of this country where the Bald Eagle, despite being the National Symbol, really isn't regarded much more than a nuisance.

If Ben Franklin would have had his way,the native wild turkey would have been our national bird. OOPS,guess I should read all the comments B4 posting.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Welcome

I have to agree that while its sad that is got shot and is dead. I just dont see the point in going nuts screaming "kill the bastard". Yes he/she should be punished but I just dont see the point in the severe rage and anger that some are sporting.

Welcome to knee-jerk central! The Indiana chapter of OROA (Over Reactors of America) meets here daily.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    be real here guys....they will more than likely never find who did it. Either someone would have to admit to doing it (extremely stupid) or they would have to blab to other people (extremely stupid) and word get spread until they get caught.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    be real here guys....they will more than likely never find who did it. Either someone would have to admit to doing it (extremely stupid) or they would have to blab to other people (extremely stupid) and word get spread until they get caught.
    Those are not the only options.

• The person could have been with a buddy or buddies who come clean (either through guilt or the promise of a cash reward)
    • It could have been witnessed by a third party who provide the info necessary to catch the perp
    • It could have been serendipitously captured on film which happen to get viewed weeks later when Ma & Pa Kettle are sitting in their living room, boring the pants off their neighbors
    • Other

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Those are not the only options.

• The person could have been with a buddy or buddies who come clean (either through guilt or the promise of a cash reward)
    • It could have been witnessed by a third party who provide the info necessary to catch the perp
    • It could have been serendipitously captured on film which happen to get viewed weeks later when Ma & Pa Kettle are sitting in their living room, boring the pants off their neighbors
    • Other

I know those were not the ONLY things that could have happened. but lets be real here guys....this much time goes by and its not like we are talking about a person ......its a bird.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I know those were not the ONLY things that could have happened. but lets be real here guys....this much time goes by and its not like we are talking about a person ......its a bird.
    And what if someone shoots your dog? Your best friend? After all it's just a dog.

What if someone shoots my cat? After all it's just a cat. (I don't feel that way).

And I agree. Let's be real. Someone committed a crime. They should be held responsible for it. If someone were to commit a murder that is near impossible to prove then we should just forget about it?

Maybe this doesn't deserve the FBIs involvement but if someone steps forward or rats someone else out, then charges should be filed.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    And what if someone shoots your dog? Your best friend? After all it's just a dog.

What if someone shoots my cat? After all it's just a cat. (I don't feel that way).

And I agree. Let's be real. Someone committed a crime. They should be held responsible for it. If someone were to commit a murder that is near impossible to prove then we should just forget about it?

Maybe this doesn't deserve the FBIs involvement but if someone steps forward or rats someone else out, then charges should be filed.

I agree with that statement that charges should be filed. but there are far worse things that need attension in this world.

And on a side note if someone shoots my dog ....yes it sucks. but i dont expect the cops to to a national man hunt either. If i find out who i would report it and expect somthing done by police but Im not going to spew rage like so many have on this thread.

Top Bottom