• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We have a nest with a pair in it at the power plant in Mishawaka. It's atop a power line tower. It can be seen from the Capitol Ave bridge.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    There are quite a few along 67 and the white river in Morgan county. Also there is a nest in southwestway park in southern Marion county. Its a good spot to watch them fish, and pick up shells from various crustaceans they eat.

Robar5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Allen County, IN
    Wabash river from Peru, north to Lagro, we saw several. A friend who is a photographer took photos of 108 Eagles using the same boundaries, about three weeks ago. He posted the pictures to his website.

msmeek12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Greenfield
    A guy I work with flew into Minnesota on a business trip last Friday. He said there had to be 50 around a bunch of ice fishermen between Cass Lake and Walker...man what a site that would be! I wish he had taken pictures!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There are becoming plentiful now. My closest view of one was 12' from the backside of a juvenile as it was trying to eat one of my chickens it had just killed :(

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just read an article in the newspaper that says there is estimated to be 200-250 bald eagles in the state of Indiana. And there is at least 1 nesting pair in 77 of the 92 Indiana counties.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    We have a nesting pair with three little ones near where I work in Speedway IN. Their nest is less than a 1/4 mile from the Allison Transmission plant. Still amazes me to see them in that environment. Awesome creatures.

A co-worker and I also saw a "Speedway eagle" but few folks seem to believe us :D We watched it fly low then spiral higher and higher above 10th street.

JR Jan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Indy
    Eagle Creek has several bald eagles. I have seen them at least on four occasions while kayaking at the north end over the past couple of years.

JR Jan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Indy
    Osprey at Eagle Creek

Another really cool bird I didn't realize we had nearby is the osprey. I took these pics on the south end of Eagle Creek while kayaking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      239.7 KB · Views: 16
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      67.5 KB · Views: 12

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Another really cool bird I didn't realize we had nearby is the osprey. I took these pics on the south end of Eagle Creek while kayaking.

There are a couple pairs of ospreys at the north end of the state. One at Potato Creek, the other at St Patrick's park, both in St Joseph County.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    On Veteran's Day, my son saw one in a Sycamore at the end of our driveway in carthage while waiting on the bus. This morning, my youngest and I saw one sitting in a tree top on the way into town. There was also a hawk of some sort sitting there about 15-20 feet away from him. It still gives me goosebumps every time I see one.

Top Bottom