• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Bad for me I'm forced by my employer to use them for my health care spending account.

But, I'm going to keep my account as low as possible, so they can't use as much of my money.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Used to do business with Bank of America till last November when they screwed me big. I will never do business with them again. They are nothing but lying, cheating crooks. Don't surprise me that they are anti 2nd amendment, the way they do business they should worry about someone coming in with a gun.:xmad:

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Greyhound, McMillan is a large "small business" that is family owned and operated. The letter is real, verified by one of our staff members that lives in Pheonix and has visited with them personally to do business in the past.

I appreciate everyone showing their support here. I have never shared any "rally cries" before because I'm always skeptical of their authenticity or agenda's behind them. This deal is legit and I hope Bank of America, in some small way, ends up regretting attacking our 2nd Amendment rights and those who stand up for it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Unfortunately these guys could give a flying leap what small potatoes like us do with our money. They deal with the really big boys who have multiple millions of dollars on loan and on deposit. Nevertheless it would be great to give your business to a small community bank.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Family member had two modest CD's that her mother left her at her death. Long story short, after lots of hassle and lies from BoA, it took two months to get the money.
    I bet at the time it was because BoA didn't have sufficent cash reserves to pay up.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Bank of America is getting lit up... How unfortunate.

The value of social networking... One person spreads the word to, say, a couple hundred, those couple hundred are exposed, and then they expose, and on and on...
    Political movement in a company like this has it coming, unfortunately.

(For anyone that cannot view... a quick screen shot of their page (currently)).

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    ALL of the '' big bailout banks '' should have been boycotted by American people after the crises they caused .:noway:

The sheeple just keep feeding the problem. :facepalm:

..:twocents:

sdbran01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    This is another great example of why all 2ad supporters need to continue to stick together. I have never and will never do business with any their branches

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Just read Bank of America's wall. Wow. I felt the need to leave a comment as well. Also I think it would help to go to the McMillan Group's page and share the link to their story. The more the better.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It appears the fraternity of gun owners across this country have raised quite a fuss with Bank of America in just the past 12 hours that I've been aware of McMillan's situation.

Through Facebook, emails and personal contacts it would appear the National Predator Hunters Association alone has alerted over 25,000 gun owners in this 12 hour period... not including posts like this one made on firearm/hunting websites.

I'm sure there are many large companies out there, certainly some of those that I currently do business with, that hold values contradictory to mine. It is very rare however that you see a business take such a strong and confrontational stance against one of our core beliefs and then dare it to be taken to the public as if there is no measurable consequence for their bottom line. It honestly seems like one of the most fundamental business mistakes!

As I mentioned earlier, McMillan is a small business and as anyone in small business knows... your banker/lender/creditor has an awful lot of control over the fate of your business. It took some guts for McMillan to take this stand financially, I'm glad to see others standing behind them in principle for doing it.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Agreed! However, I did go this route about 8 years ago. They sold our mortgage to Countrywide, who in turn sold it to BOA. I have twice contacted our local Credit Union and the rates are just too high for me to switch.

Trust me, I want to!

Im in the same boat, although mine started as Regions....hopefully we can get it switched soon though. Fees to re-fi stink, and if you dont go with a FCU, you are almost guaranteed to have it sold over and over.

I confess, I havent checked too much about what companies are anti gun before doing business. I will from now on. Of course most things I buy come from gun selling places, so maybe thats why I dont check...lol.

Top Bottom