• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    My first visit not long after they opened went okay and found a fair price on a set of crimson trace grips for my glock. However my second trip was not as well and prices seemed more out of whack with others and like others have said not real friendly.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gander Mountain's policy on firearms brought in store actually makes sense! Essentially, any firearm brought in for SERVICE or some other fitting must be unloaded and checked at the front desk upon entry; and does not apply to holstered firearms carried for personal protection.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I don't OC, never done it in my life, but I'm not against it. I don't mind others OC either.

I think there are 2 reasons gun stores have that policy.

a. the store is run by idiots
    or
    b. there are too many idiots(with guns) in the store

either way it keeps me away from their establishment.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I would have left when he asked me to disarm.
    Same. If I'm asked to forfeit my right to self-defense, I'm asked to leave. Unfortunately, I make the exception when going to college because for the things I'm interested in, I have no choice.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would have replied politely that I will NOT disarm and if that is a condition of purchase I will purchase elsewhere. You can have your rules but I also am entitled to have mine. I will shop and spend where I am welcome. If I am welcome, fine I will spend. If I'm not welcome, I will not. I'm pretty sure you want my money more than I want to buy from YOU. No harm, no foul, no attitude. Take my money or don't.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have only been in there once, enough for me, maybe someone should print these posts and drop them in their box, poor customer service skills hurt businesses. I wont be going back, visited Dons once back in the 90's, there too once was enough for me.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never been in a gun store that asked me to disarm??

His shop, his rules, however, your rights, stand up for them and don't support gun shops who don't support you.

Para19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I have had a similar experience in that shop. I was open carrying that day which I rarely do. As I was browsing the owner came over and asked me to un holster my pistol and show him that it was unloaded. I responded I thought it was safer to keep my pistol holstered but he disagreed(with a ****ty attitude) so I left to spend my money elsewhere.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Holy exploded thread Batman! Removing FB post shows a lot about someones' character. Thank you all for the support on this. A red-flag did go up when he asked me to disarm, but this was an impulse buy and I knew if I didn't get the gun I wanted right then, I would likely talk myself out of it later. I don't know a lot about gun prices. I'm familiar with the M91/30 (I've had 3, currently own 2) and they were asking $149 for the two they had (seemed reasonable since I'm paying that much for yak-greased one's on Buds) and they wanted $499 for the new FN 9mm and it had a $30 rebate. I don't recall the model number but I think I found it on Buds and it is $529 there.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I don't even see a 'post to page' bar on there now. I just went to Gunslingers page and asked if they have the FN 9mm. I do love Gunslingers. I should have just went there in the first place. I also went ahead and left Gunslingers a 5-star review since they have been so helpful in the past.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    the few times i've been in there i've noticed really high prices, a smug attitude, and no mbus for an ar. i've had one positive experience. I think he has a few police officers as friends and thinks that he is great.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Beech Grove Firearms does not require disarming of their customers. They ask that loaded weapons stay holstered. If for some reason a loaded weapon has to be viewed, as if it will be a trade-in, they ask that store personal unload the weapon. Bradis has a "no loaded weapons in the store" policy. I wonder if you had refused, would he have pistol whipped you, Wyatt Earp style?

Top Bottom