• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I too made a comment only on one of their posts.

Edit:
    They made a post saying all are welcome, but please keep your firearms in a safe manor while in the store.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My impression with them has been they heavily favor LEOs, with not only price breaks but also with first class customer service and subsequent courtesy, with whatever's leftover for regular folk.

I'm not sure why any small business would seek to exclude/poorly treat a large part of their potential customer base. I get not needing to be the biggest and catering to a niche that keeps you profitable, but catering so hard to a small LEO community while treating the rest of your customer base so poorly just does not make economic sense to me.

It never ceases to amaze me sometimes how many people in retail are terrible at customer service. Not to be critical of you OP, but when/if that guy tells me to disarm, I'm giving him two choices--either one will result in me keeping my gun on me, in ready condition and only one will allow for a sale to proceed.

I wouldn't have. I will give a business more than once opportunity when dealing with small things, but for a gun store, this is a fundamental concern/issue, and there would have been no second chance given.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bare Arms has a website:

Bare Arms Firearms - Home | Bare Arms Firearms | Noblesville, IN 476060 | 317-770-6626

And an e-mail address:

store@barearmsllc.net

And phone numbers:

Phone: (317) 770 - 6626
    Fax (317) 770-6639

After reading the OP's experience, I chose to send these dipsticks an e-mail telling them that I will NOT be doing business with their shop, and I am STRONGLY encouraging other law-abiding gun owners to, likewise, boycott Bare Arms.

Hopefully, some other INGO'ers and fellow gun owners on other sites (and those I know personally) will join in, as well.

ANY gun-related business that does not fully support lawful carry by lawful gun owners should be out of business, period.

I personally hope Bare Arms is closed by the end of the year.
    Please let us know their response if any.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I too made a comment only on one of their posts.

Edit:
    They made a post saying all are welcome, but please keep your firearms in a safe manor while in the store.

Apparently "safe" to them means defenseless to the rest of the gun world.

Ask me to disarm? Buh bye.
    Take my loaded magazine? Buh bye.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As gun purchases are mostly impulse/want instead of need that puts them in a category separate from items we absolutely have to buy to live.
    Discretionary purchases at this price point are not something most of us can do on a weekly basis. That said, being greeted with a smile, treated well and such might take a bit of the sting out of laying down several hundred "$" for something that many of us already have a safe full of. Buying another is part of the passion/addiction we all have.
    Treat me poorly, raise your voice to me and I will respond in kind. Continue and you will see my backside rolling out the door middle finger salute in full view. LEO's being there or not I will not be talked to in the fashion described by the OP.

I have been known to take my finger....draw an imaginary "X" on my butt and tell an A$$hat that is where he can plant his lips.

Having observed poor behavior by staff and deviate activity in trades/purchases at a few shops my list of LGS to frequent has diminished.

I do not understand allowing anyone to pick up my mag and walk away with it. It would have been in my pocket.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The saddest part to me is that they are one of those places that wears their Christianity on their sleeve with a Christian book corner and all, but I don't see how they can possibly attract anyone to Christ with the way they treat people.

I stop at a quickie mart every morning to get breakfast...They wear their hinduism on their sleeve and it doesn't bother me at all...My dollar bills have "In God we Trust" on them and I don't even notice....We have INGO'ers that wear their Atheism on their sleeve....

Don't let peoples Faith bum you out....Open display of Faith has a long standing tradition in a Nation that prides itself on Relgious Freedom.....IMHO ofcourse and folks are entitled to get bummed about whatever they want.....

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Let me jump on the bandwagon. Had a buddy that visited Bare Arms and had a very similar experience to what most people had. Staff was arrogant and rude. From what he's said and what I read here, I won't be setting foot in Bare Arms. Thanks for the heads up

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I keep checking back in this thread hoping to see some sort of response from the store, I have never been there but they were on my list of places to stop in before reading this. It looks like they are deleting posts on their FB page. If they just want to be a cop shop that is how they should advertise.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Bung, you have changed their policy! From Facebook; [h=5]BareArms Firearms & Accessories[/h]2 hours ago

All are always welcome at BareArms , please always keep
    Firearms in a safe manor while in the store .

LikeLike · · Share

• 5 people like this.

• Remove
      Patrick Brase Does this post mean you are no longer disarming customers?
      about an hour ago · Like · 1

• Remove
      BareArms Firearms & Accessories Please keep weapons in a safe manor while in the store. Everyone is welcome to express their U.S. Constitutional rights and freedoms in the store in a safe and legal means.
      51 minutes ago · Like

• Remove
      Brandon Auble So what happened yesterday? Why is there a story of your store asking a customer to hand over their loaded weapon?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hard to understand gun shops turning business away like that, being high handed doesn't close sales. Maybe they have an "Us vs Them" issue.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I stop at a quickie mart every morning to get breakfast...They wear their hinduism on their sleeve and it doesn't bother me at all...My dollar bills have "In God we Trust" on them and I don't even notice....We have INGO'ers that wear their Atheism on their sleeve....

Don't let peoples Faith bum you out....Open display of Faith has a long standing tradition in a Nation that prides itself on Relgious Freedom.....IMHO ofcourse and folks are entitled to get bummed about whatever they want.....

I believe his point was the behavior greatly inconsistent with the faith being worn, not the faith itself. My guess is that your Hindus at the station don't act in ways inconsistent with Hinduism just like our INGO atheists have offered kind thoughts to others but have never offered to pray for distressed members.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Good job at getting the policy changed. ... I've been there but always CC'd (usually just a shirt pulled over the OWB EDC when I rode up on my bicycle) ... still - I think I'd have answered differently:

Them: "is that secured?" -
    Me: "My EDC? yes it is secured in my holster where it will stay unless needed to defend my life, or those around me" ...
    (or some similar statement).

and left if asked to unload it.

Glad they've updated that policy; if they have. I don't go in there much. In fact, I live in Noblesville and I'd rather drive to USDS ...

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Bung, you have changed their policy! From Facebook; BareArms Firearms & Accessories

2 hours ago

All are always welcome at BareArms , please always keep
    Firearms in a safe manor while in the store .

• Remove
      BareArms Firearms & Accessories Please keep weapons in a safe manor while in the store. Everyone is welcome to express their U.S. Constitutional rights and freedoms in the store in a safe and legal means.
      51 minutes ago · Like

Are you SURE they actually changed their policy? After all, a manor is a type of home, so are they saying to keep your firearms in a a safe "home" while in the store?

Okay, okay, I know, semantics.

However, to reiterate what many other posters have said on here, the store is overpriced and unless you are a personal friend of the owner or LEO you will likely be ignored. I went in there twice just to look around. From the moment I walked in I felt like an unwanted guest. No one said hello, no one smiled, no one acknowledged me. The only reason I went back a second time was to give them a second chance.

Also, I'll agree with other posters that Indy Gun Safety is a good store to shop in. Very easy to work with and very welcoming. I have not yet gone to Tim's but I'm anxious to see how they are as well.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

You missed my point completely, I don't mind anybody's show of faith or whatever beliefs they have. I was bothered by the show of faith coupled with the "you're a waste of my time" attitude.

Top Bottom