• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have been in the market for a 9mm. Mostly because I don't have one right now and I have a lot of 9mm ammo.

So I am not out for anything really specific. But last night my son said that he would like to add a Baretta M9 to our collection. I don't really know anything about this gun so I thought I would ask here.

It's not going to be a defensive gun or a carry gun - I have those.. What I really am going to do with it is drill holes in paper. But before I bought one I thought I would see if there are any real issues or reasons that I should not get this particular 9. What say you?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've put a bajillion rounds through M9s, courtesy of Uncle Sam. It's a good, solid gun at a fair price, especially for a non-polymer. The grip is a bit chunky if you have smaller hands. It's a TDA, which some people like and others like myself don't.

Go for it.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've put a bajillion rounds through M9s, courtesy of Uncle Sam. It's a good, solid gun at a fair price, especially for a non-polymer. The grip is a bit chunky if you have smaller hands. It's a TDA, which some people like and others like myself don't.

Go for it.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville

Go for it.

Same boat, same story. Simply reliable and IMO accurate. Recoil is low as well.

I have small hands, but I didn't feel like it hurt me.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just got a Beretta 92FS and LOVE it! It feels great in my hand, field strips easily, holds plenty of rounds, shoots straight and reliable. Plus it looks awesome, why not own one!

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I loved mine. Never jammed always functioned perfectly. Sold it to buy a Browning Hi Power. I miss it sometimes then I shoot my browning and I am okay with not having it. I did own a Smith M&P 9mm and hated though

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The 92FS/M9 is a good gun. I carried one for four years. I own one, but I do not shoot it much, because it's a limited edition.

Hey, I've got one too. Does yours kave the red grips with USMC engraved on the slide? :D:D:D

Great weapon, built like a Mack truck, dependable and accurate. I think the OP will be very happy with an M9.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Beretta as opposed to Baretta, and you won't be disappointed with one. The M9/92 platform is a solid design that shoots and functions very well. You also have the cheap ammo and mags as an added bonus.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Sorry about the spelling Bigdee06, maybe after I get it then I can learn to spell it also:D

So what is the diference in the m9 and the 92fs?

I am also interested in the stainless steel that gunman41mag mentioned. I have not seen that yet.

So far it doesn't really sound like any drawbacks that matter (hand size - no problem, heavy - no problem for a range gun)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Hey, I've got one too. Does yours kave the red grips with USMC engraved on the slide? :D:D:D.

No but I was in the first qualifiying class for the M9 at Camp Lejeune. You need to post a pic.
    :postpics:

Its my favorite, I have an Italian made one with the Brigadier slide. I use it in CMP leg matches and sometimes just for :poop: and gigles I will take it to a bullseye match. I shot my first action pistol match last month, I used a 1911. I struggled big time but not because of the gun, I never competed from the draw before. The next month I took the Beretta and that because I wanted some confidence drawing. I got 2nd.:D

Last edited:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    If it's good enough for this guy...

Screenshot2011-06-17at14840PM.png

I think you will like it.

Top Bottom