• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    okay I see tha the M9 has some military style marking and a different set of sights. So no big deal there.

I also see on the Beretta (check the spelling - I nailed it) that they have some made in Italy and some made in the US. Is there any preference as to which I should purchase?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No but I was in the first qualifiying class for the M9 at Camp Lejeune. You need to post a pic.
    :postpics:

Don't want to hijack the thread, but you asked for it....
    usmcpistols.jpg

Top is the Beretta M9. I pulled the red anodized grips and installed Crimson Trace laser grips.

Middle is my Colt USMC commemorative. Unfired, in the box, directly from Colt.

Bottom is my 24 ct. gold USMC commemorative. Unfired, in the box and distributed by a company who got the originals from Colt.

We'll talk about USMC long guns later :draw:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    okay I see tha the M9 has some military style marking and a different set of sights. So no big deal there.

I also see on the Beretta (check the spelling - I nailed it) that they have some made in Italy and some made in the US. Is there any preference as to which I should purchase?

The Italian made seem to go for a little more but I would be happy with either.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but you asked for it....

Top is the Beretta M9. I pulled the red anodized grips and installed Crimson Trace laser grips.

Middle is my Colt USMC commemorative. Unfired, in the box, directly from Colt.

Bottom is my 24 ct. gold USMC commemorative. Unfired, in the box and distributed by a company who got the originals from Colt.

We'll talk about USMC long guns later :draw:

Damn thats a big picture.:D Sweet guns you ready to sell them?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Differences between Italian made and US made are mainly markings. Although some people say one is finished better than the other, most people can't tell the difference.

Differences between the 92FS and current M9 is again markings, and the rear sights. Beretta has made several versions of the frame, and lately they are showing up in all four so it is hard to say one has one type and the other doesn't. (straight versus tapered dust cover and radius versus non-radius backstrap)

As for the pistol, as said many times, built like a tank, very easy to take down for cleaning, reliable as the sun coming up, and out of the box accuracy is amazing.

About the mags, stick with either "PB" marked factory mags, MDS which makes the factory mags and in fact you can find MDS mags that are marked exactly like the factory except the "MDS" replaces the "PB", and Mec-gar mags are or were also OEM.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've owned my FS92 stainless for years, bought it used. Never a malfunction, manageable recoil and my fairly small hands have no problem with the grip. Love the DA/SA and the takeup on SA. Will never sell it.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Great feedback everyone - thank you.

I shall own the gun after going over a few things with my son first -
    1. What finish do you want to get it in.
    2. Do you care if it is M9 or 92FS
    3. Don't go blurting out to your mother that I bought another gun. Let ME tell her when I am good and ready:):

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well I pulled the trigger tonight and bought the M9:D

I think that I confused the clerk when I went over and grabbed a box of 22 CCI minimags while I was waiting for the papers to clear. He saw the ammo and said "do you want some 9mm ammo"?:D

I guess he couldn't have known that I had plenty of 9 at home but
    I need the 22's for another little gun I had.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

I think that I confused the clerk when I went over and grabbed a box of 22 CCI minimags while I was waiting for the papers to clear. He saw the ammo and said "do you want some 9mm ammo"?:D

The M9 will protect you very well:D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey, I've got one too. Does yours kave the red grips with USMC engraved on the slide? :D:D:D

Great weapon, built like a Mack truck, dependable and accurate. I think the OP will be very happy with an M9.

Mine is the "operation enduring freedom" edition. The one like you have, they did not make one for the Coast Guard, or I would have one.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Congrats on the new toy! You will love it for sure, I love mine and I haven't even shot it that much yet. :D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well, here she is in all her glory. Bad pictures but it was my cell phone.

berettacase.jpg

berettaright.jpg

berettaleft.jpg

What is the little cup thing in the last picture with the Beretta logo?

My son will be pretty surprised. We have not cleaned our guns from last Saturdays range trip. Last night he said "we should clean those guns" but he does not know that I have this yet. So when we start to clean the others I am going to hand him this case and tell him to start with this.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Congrats on joining the Beretta club :) I love me some Beretta's. There has been a number of threads on the Beretta forum about the blue cup. The consensus is that it is to prevent the case from collapsing in if something heavy were to be put on top of the case. Though most of us use it to store something in, like ear plugs or some other small item.

Enjoy the new gun, they are great shooters.

Top Bottom