• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Well I got to test my little DIY battle belt concept and I have to say it worked quite well. I attended the tactical carbine match at HCFG yesterday. The ability to slide the grouping of gear to the side front or back with ease came in quite handy with improvised shooting positions. One stage had a starting point from laying down (simulated awakening from sleep) and the ability to grab and get in on my person in a hurry proved to be simple and about as fumble free as you can get.
    This is the way I had it setup for the event.

DSC02872-1.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02874.jpg

We didn't shoot any pistol but I kept the pistol mags on it since that is how it usually sits.

I have removed the un-needed extra straps from it since the last pictures.

The green camo bag holds CAT tourniquet and my 3x magnifier. It has room for more stuff and when I get a mount for the magnifier that allows it to just flip to the side I won't need to hold it in the pouch. It has a loop on each side which allowed the smaller tension strap to be threaded through it. The Molle straps hold it on and the tension strap holds it still in relation to the ammo pouches.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Taking advice from members in this thread, I've been experimenting with a couple of setups. I believe I will HAVE to go with the USGI belt because the others all seem to ride up and that gets irritating. The USGI is the only one I found with a lining that sticks and keeps the belt in place. Anybody know of other belts with the same capability?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The USGI is the only one I found with a lining that sticks and keeps the belt in place. Anybody know of other belts with the same capability?

HSGI Sure Grip padded war belt has a neoprene liner to prevent ride-up.

High Speed Gear, Inc. ™ | Product Detail

My ATS belt has a mesh liner that also helps, plus I wear it *tight* and have never had an issue with it slipping.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    HSGI Sure Grip padded war belt has a neoprene liner to prevent ride-up.

High Speed Gear, Inc. ™ | Product Detail

Yep, I meant HSGI, not USGI. Thanks, Shooter.

I'm still using a USGI belt as well, works pretty good for me! But these padded belts looks comfy too, and they look to spread out the gear nicely.

FT, I meant the HSGI belt. I currently have a Condor and it is comfortable, until I start to move. I tried to make it tight like Shooter wears his, but it still comes up. I see the price is pretty good on these, too.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I got mine through their site and it stays put when I move around. It is way better than the BDS belt I had. Give me a sec to upload a recent picture.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    8740248004_16fdc1b570.jpg

HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt
    Raven Concealment Systems Phantom for G35 straight drop with MD cut
    HSGI Bleeder Blowout
    (Room for a dump pouch I am working on dying)
    HSGI Taco
    2x HSGI Double Decker Tacos
    Blackhawk Carabiner
    Ka-Bar TDI Knife

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt
    Raven Concealment Systems Phantom for G35 straight drop with MD cut
    HSGI Bleeder Blowout
    (Room for a dump pouch I am working on dying)
    HSGI Taco
    2x HSGI Double Decker Tacos
    Blackhawk Carabiner
    Ka-Bar TDI Knife

Nice set up. Might a recommend an EmDom dump pouch. Looks like it would fit perfectly in your blank space unlike some larger dump pouches.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am heading to camden TN tomorrow for fighting rifle. I am taking my hsgi battle belt I am looking forward to seeing how my setup works out. When I get back I will post what I learned. I have never used a battle belt, so it should be informative.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am heading to camden TN tomorrow for fighting rifle. I am taking my hsgi battle belt I am looking forward to seeing how my setup works out. When I get back I will post what I learned. I have never used a battle belt, so it should be informative.

Good luck. I'm definitely interested in how everything works out for you.

Have you at least done some dry practice with it? It well probably be tough to just jump right in with no familiarity at all.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    This is a relatively new entry into the market; be sure to read the description towards the bottom of the page. It's a lighter weight, lower profile belt than the HSGI (which I have and is great) or the Brokos (which I also have and is also great). I received an email from Matt on Monday, and he's getting ready to go back online after a family emergency.

2" Atlas Duty & Micro Battle Belt | Atlas Cobra Belts | Volund Gearworks

They have a Facebook page, and he'll send you a PDF of what he has in stock right now if you drop him an email at info@volundgearworks.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Volund-Gearworks/159943134085973?fref=ts

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This is a relatively new entry into the market; be sure to read the description towards the bottom of the page. It's a lighter weight, lower profile belt than the HSGI (which I have and is great) or the Brokos (which I also have and is also great). I received an email from Matt on Monday, and he's getting ready to go back online after a family emergency.

2" Atlas Duty & Micro Battle Belt | Atlas Cobra Belts | Volund Gearworks

They have a Facebook page, and he'll send you a PDF of what he has in stock right now if you drop him an email at info@volundgearworks.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Volund-Gearworks/159943134085973?fref=ts

Unfortunately, they appear to have, at least temporarily, ceased operations.

Top Bottom