• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thats because bear grylls is a joke and a hoax. he actually shows people what not to do in survival situations. i guarantee you that if you did have the dumb stuff he does in a survival situation you would die. like when he gave himself a enema with the dirty island water that had all types of bird **** in it. or when he threw the rope w/ deer antlers off the cliff to the tree and then shimmied over to the tree and climbed down. or when he climbed all the way up the train tracks and then threw the same rope up top on them and then used it to pull himself up on top of the tracks while being suspended in air like 70 foot off the ground.

sorry he annoys me because he really is a bad example and also on top of that he never actually stays out in the survival situations he goes to the nearest holiday inn and then comes back out in the morning.

if you want to watch a show worth while it has to be les stroud. he is the man for sure

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5737190/Dead-seal-wet-suit-is-warm-Time-to-drink-my-own-****.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=bear-grylls

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    The guy is athletic and the girls like his looks. But as Grunt said above, he does things NO ONE in a real emergency situation would do, taking stupid chances to show a technique. I remember one episode where he used a sketchy piece of rope to go down a tree into a ravine. There was no reason to do it, just trying to make things look more "dramatic". The reason he can do this is that he has had a full night's sleep at La Quinta Inn and a nice hot breakfast. His show stays on because of his accent, looks and the drama factor.

Les Stroud did not do this studpid stuff because he WAS ALONE in a real, although self-induced survival situation. Not everyone finds it as interesting to watch a short bearded guy with bug bites all over his face in sleep deprivation talk about how much being hungry and uncomfortable sucks.

Hey, if you want to get your survival info from "Bear", good luck with that. As for replacing Chuck in the manliness arena, no way. Bear looks entirely too comfortable inside that seal.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    he yells to even more people across a revine and when bear goes down in the ravine they have him tied off on a rope and you can see it going up his sleeve thats what is supporting his weight not the vine. second video he gets proved wrong by a couple of tourists and they walk in his exact steps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT6Bh3A0Fu0"]YouTube - Man vs wild: behind the scenes (Real Footage)[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmhNA7JME4[/ame]

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I like Dave Canterbury, and Cody Lundean(spelling?) too, but Les Stroud is the man! I loved his special about getting off the grid, pretty neat!

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Top Bottom