• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bear has been shown to be a phony time and time again. Hey, he's makin fat stacks and its "Hollywood" you gotta do what sells. Just don't try it at home. It will get you killed.

This is all too bad, because no two ways about it, Bear Grylls is probably serious badass. He has the creds, SAS etc etc. He could do a Les Straud show, but he or his handlers chose a reality-TV format.

Les Straud, Ron Hood, Ray Mears, Cody Lundin, all good dudes.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont know why so many people are against him or his show.
    That is only a TV SHOW, its not a survival class or anything, I dont watch it to learn survival stuff.
    I think its a good show and he's a good host.
    What if he goes to the hotel when the stop filming? I dont care.
    What if most things on the show are just dramatic things for the show and not things you would do during actual survival? I dont care.
    I think he has real skills and training, most of the people havent got his skills.
    But he's not here to show you WHAT YOU COULD OR SHOULD DO but what HE CAN do and show off.
    It's like when you watch an action movie, you are not watching to know how to properly hold a firerarm (I hope not!).You wont say "Well this guy obvioulsy used a fake gun, I bet he couldnt hit anyone with a real gun and ammo".
    I guess lots of people think that everything they see on TV is real when most are just for the show (including "survival" shows and news).

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I didn't like the twerp already but after I watched the video, I was rooting for the seal. There was no practical reason to make the seal wetsuit. A wetsuit is supposed to cover a larger amount of skin than you have exposed in order for it's heat retaining properties to work. Having a belly shirt made out of seal skin doesn't cut the mustard. I only hope that the seal was actually dead and they had the bright idea to chop the thing up. If they killed it just for that ludicrous scene, it's all the more reason not to watch that stupid show. He makes all outdoorsmen look bad.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Have you ever made a wet suit out of a dead seal? .
    The problem I had was the Polar Bears kept trying to eat me as a Seal snack and it is hard to run in one. Also, shooting back at the bears is a B**ch with flippers.

I found using a Holstein hide tended not to attract as many bears but then the Moose hunters start shooting at you.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I cant stand to watch either one of them. Last week they had a re-run with Les. He was stranded in the Anarctic and out of matches. He just happen to find a cache that happen to have a perfectly charged 12 volt battery and 2 different grades of brand new, clean steal wool. PUKE! They both way over dramatize. Its all so fake and rigged. I wish someone would make a real survival challenge. Drop off teams of 2 deep in Alaska, Canada or Africa and see which team stays the longest.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I cant stand to watch either one of them. Last week they had a re-run with Les. He was stranded in the Anarctic and out of matches. He just happen to find a cache that happen to have a perfectly charged 12 volt battery and 2 different grades of brand new, clean steal wool. PUKE! They both way over dramatize. Its all so fake and rigged. I wish someone would make a real survival challenge. Drop off teams of 2 deep in Alaska, Canada or Africa and see which team stays the longest.
    That's what I thought the "reality" show survivor was going to be when they first announced it. I thought they were going to drop a bunch of people off on an island with nothing but a knife and a piece of rope. When you give up, you go to the beach and ring the bell, last one in the wild wins....THAT would be a show worth watching.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    That's what I thought the "reality" show survivor was going to be when they first announced it. I thought they were going to drop a bunch of people off on an island with nothing but a knife and a piece of rope. When you give up, you go to the beach and ring the bell, last one in the wild wins....THAT would be a show worth watching.

Me too. I was so disappointed. I knew that former SEAL Rudy Boesch would have pwned it if that was the kind of challenge that it was.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    It amazes me to see how many people think anything on tv is even remotely real. Its TV and it is all set up and staged to get you to watch it and waste valuable time. I am no expert and honestly even grylls would know more than I do but you have to realize they are all actors and if you watch them pick the one that actually teaches you something realistic. The only guy that I ever watched that I liked was Ray Mears but Im a history nut so that had a factor. We ditched all our television years ago and learn by searching for information through books and experimentation. It is astonishing the amount of information that is available.
    For the record: Chuck Norris is the man. :)

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife and I were watching Discovery channel when they advertised the Bear Grylis episode where he puts on the seal skin, and my wife looked at me and said "don't sharks eat seals?" I had to laugh, and said I hope they do this time!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Bear Grylis and his crew drink pina coladas after every shoot, true story, he said so himself in an interview. I like the show and I think it's entertaining, but the pina colada part solidifies his manliness. Not to mention, anyone that would squeeze the liquid out of an elephant turd to "hydrate" himself is clearly doing it for the $$$$!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom