• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    For anyone that wants to do some more cosmoline cleaning, classic dropped their SKS's to $299.00, they're probably from the same batch, the one I picked up a couple months ago also has an Albanian replacement stock.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For anyone that wants to do some more cosmoline cleaning, classic dropped their SKS's to $299.00, they're probably from the same batch, the one I picked up a couple months ago also has an Albanian replacement stock.

I got that email too, but Classic was making it sound like they were in better condition. At least AIM was up front about the condition. I've not had a bad experience with Classic btw, but I see a lot of negative comments on the interwebz about "Sweaty Ben".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Came across this You-tube about finding writing on an Albanian sks stocks.. Takes a bit to get there.. but kinda neat if the guy really knows what he is talking about..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3enp-IymCVc

Very cool! So it's possible my gun basically belonged to some gang member that made those carvings as recently as the late 90's? Not as "romantic" as "trench art" but still an interesting bit of history, if true.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Very cool! So it's possible my gun basically belonged to some gang member that made those carvings as recently as the late 90's? Not as "romantic" as "trench art" but still an interesting bit of history, if true.

It does make you think that not all Personalizations are happy ones.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took the rifle to the range today and it worked like a champ (really didn't expect any problems). Just a real pleasant rifle to shoot. Much more comfortable in terms of balance than my Yugo was. Did discover that the "bottom loading" method does require a little more care to be taken than simply "dumping" the rounds into the mag well, but it does work. First stripper clip was pretty tough and popped a couple of rounds out of it while trying to load, but I blame that on it being a new repro clip. Second one was nice and smooth and worked as it should. Still can't recommend the Tech Sights highly enough. They really do make for a nice sight picture and better accuracy.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Did discover that the "bottom loading" method does require a little more care to be taken than simply "dumping" the rounds into the mag well, but it does work..

Maybe you aimed to high and tried using 10 rounds at a time.. And maybe you were a little to gentle.. Maybe start with 5 rounds and toss them in and give a good shake before you close the magazine bottom..

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    This rascel does a fair amount of gibber jabbing but he only used 5 rounds.. and he sure loaded them with care..

[video=youtube;R8SoWpraRmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SoWpraRmU[/video]

For Gods sake DD so not let anyone see you loading that way you may end up in a how not to do it Blog...
    These guys sound so anal I bet then never forget to zip up... No Floppy Dogs with them..

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Praxis: How NOT to load an SKS.

Pretty Boss US Army training film for the SKS...

[video=youtube;rZUZi57h49Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUZi57h49Y[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This rascel does a fair amount of gibber jabbing but he only used 5 rounds.. and he sure loaded them with care..

[video=youtube;R8SoWpraRmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SoWpraRmU[/video]

For Gods sake DD so not let anyone see you loading that way you may end up in a how not to do it Blog...
    These guys sound so anal I bet then never forget to zip up... No Floppy Dogs with them..

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Praxis: How NOT to load an SKS.

Pretty Boss US Army training film for the SKS...

[video=youtube;rZUZi57h49Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUZi57h49Y[/video]

The speaker in that Army video was certainly interest... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The speaker in that Army video was certainly interest... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its the subject matter that should motivate and interest, not the speaker.. I thought it was tres chic 50s style... I did kinda half expect him to break in to a lecture on gonorrhea at the end..

Top Bottom