• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Well in truth I blame the OP for alot of the confusion.. Took forever to get photos out of him for key parts of the rifle. He was told by a learned member in the 1st page how to clean it up.. But instead of doing it the easy fast way, he takes extra time with some kind of "mother earth" melt with the sun process.. Some folks will do anything take a 1 page thread and stretch it out to 7+.

Nothing wrong with that! Good to see an oldie for a change instead of the latest plastic fantastic!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It seems to lose something in translation.

Yeah, if you go in reverse (Chinese to English) you get "Hey, get the Albanians and my knife to discover my hell!" :): But even better, it has a "Did you mean (chinese characters)?" If you click on that, you get "Hey, get Albanians and monkeys to discover my hell!" :laugh:

Ima gonna go find a rifle and carve that second one on it!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So I just got done loading up 10 stripper clips and decided to try the "quick and dirty" method of loading the rifle. Basically you just open up the mag well, drop in 10 rounds and close the mag well. Worked like a charm! I may have loaded my last stripper clips.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I may have loaded my last stripper clips.

Oh Hell, I have tried to go cold turkey and get that monkey off my back before, But just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

strip-club-e1502201191733.jpg

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So I just got done loading up 10 stripper clips and decided to try the "quick and dirty" method of loading the rifle. Basically you just open up the mag well, drop in 10 rounds and close the mag well. Worked like a charm! I may have loaded my last stripper clips.

So which is faster, to load from the bottom??? Or load from a stripper clip from the top???

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So which is faster, to load from the bottom??? Or load from a stripper clip from the top???
    Faster with the stripper clip, as long as you have the stripper clip loaded already. I will say that it's much faster loading the rifle that way than it is to load a stripper clip.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Faster with the stripper clip, as long as you have the stripper clip loaded already. I will say that it's much faster loading the rifle that way than it is to load a stripper clip.

are you counting the time you are spending organizing your ammo from your pocket while you are dropping it in from the bottom???

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. Well, organizing it from the box actually, but still yes. And to load a stripper clip, you still have to organize the rounds so they're all pointing in the same direction, yes? Next time we go to the range, I will have you load an empty stripper clip, and I'll load the rifle from the bottom and see who wins. ;)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yes. Well, organizing it from the box actually, but still yes. And to load a stripper clip, you still have to organize the rounds so they're all pointing in the same direction, yes? Next time we go to the range, I will have you load an empty stripper clip, and I'll load the rifle from the bottom and see who wins. ;)

To be fair, are you going to start from a sealed box of ammo or loose rounds in the Packet????

Hey ever consider a hy-breed idea and feed the rounds in the bottom with you stripping them off the stripper clip yourself???

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To be fair, are you going to start from a sealed box of ammo or loose rounds in the Packet????

Hey ever consider a hy-breed idea and feed the rounds in the bottom with you stripping them off the stripper clip yourself???

We can do it however you want. From the box, or 10 rounds laying on the shooting bench (each), or 10 rounds in each of one of our pockets. But no, I haven't considered loading from the bottom with the stripper clip because that seems like it would be defeating the purpose.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I really like SKSs. I'd like to pick one up again someday. I had a Russian one about 10 years ago and I miss it. That stock has a lot of "character".

Top Bottom