• ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    See? Two buttholes...

fcnf9rU.jpg

can you open them?? does the stock have two channels??

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Ok I think I found the answer of your mystery stock... The Albanians made it as a replacement stock for their Chinese bladed rifles..

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Since there are some SKS aficionados in here, anyone know the origins of the SKS stocks with the thin rubber but plate cover? I was told by Pinnacle that it wasn't original but I'm now seeing some other ~1970 era Yugo SKS with them. I've seen that stock on some Bosnian rearsenal SKS but those don't have grenade launchers.

My metal was in good shape, the stock, a bit dinged up. I'm wondering if it was swapped at one time.

I'll keep snooping for info on https://sks-files.com

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Now that you mention it, the stock doesn't really look like the Chu wood the Chinese used. Has a bit of look of beech.

Well in truth I blame the OP for alot of the confusion.. Took forever to get photos out of him for key parts of the rifle. He was told by a learned member in the 1st page how to clean it up.. But instead of doing it the easy fast way, he takes extra time with some kind of "mother earth" melt with the sun process.. Some folks will do anything take a 1 page thread and stretch it out to 7+.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well in truth I blame the OP for alot of the confusion.. Took forever to get photos out of him for key parts of the rifle. He was told by a learned member in the 1st page how to clean it up.. But instead of doing it the easy fast way, he takes extra time with some kind of "mother earth" melt with the sun process.. Some folks will do anything take a 1 page thread and stretch it out to 7+.

Hey! I resemble that! :p

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

For the sake of fairness... The old fart does move kind of slow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For the sake of fairness... The old fart does move kind of slow.

Thanks Harry. I think... :): Indy kept trying to talk me into putting the rifle on the dashboard of my car to melt the cosmoline, but I'm sure he wouldn't have volunteered to come clean off all the cosmoline that had dripped down the dash and onto the carpet (eventually), or to get the smell of cosmoline out of the car (not that that's a bad thing). I'm thinking if two days in the blazing hot sun in a black trash bag didn't melt it, the car wouldn't have made any difference, and I'd just be left with a dirty rifle and a stinky car!

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I'm thinking if two days in the blazing hot sun in a black trash bag didn't melt it, the car wouldn't have made any difference, and I'd just be left with a dirty rifle and a stinky car!

Cosmoline smells stinky??? That hurts man.. that hurts..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks Harry. I think... :): Indy kept trying to talk me into putting the rifle on the dashboard of my car to melt the cosmoline, but I'm sure he wouldn't have volunteered to come clean off all the cosmoline that had dripped down the dash and onto the carpet (eventually), or to get the smell of cosmoline out of the car (not that that's a bad thing). I'm thinking if two days in the blazing hot sun in a black trash bag didn't melt it, the car wouldn't have made any difference, and I'd just be left with a dirty rifle and a stinky car!

I've been watching this thread closely. For scientific purposes only of course. I was thinking the dashboard might have been the magic trick to make the gook disappear.
    Now I'll never know... Unless I give it a try myself

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hope they fired their engraver.

^^THIS!!^^ I can't believe anyone would do that. Great job DD.

Thanks Kelly! I think the "engraving" (and I use that term VERY loosely) just adds to the story and character. I know everybody always says it, but "If only that gun could talk, I wonder what stories it could tell." :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks Kelly! I think the "engraving" (and I use that term VERY loosely) just adds to the story and character. I know everybody always says it, but "If only that gun could talk, I wonder what stories it could tell." :)

If it could we'd need sub-titles. It would be something like, "HEY, GET THAT ALBANIAN IDIOT WITH THE KNIFE THE **** AWAY FROM ME!!" in Chinese.

Top Bottom