LDHFRKw55Q-7.png

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm letting it ride, man! Letting. it. ride!

She's firmly against spending big $ on frivolous things... So I didn't. I just let her think I did.

She could only kick my ass if I let her. That said, she could kick most all y'alls asses. She's incredibly strong and has a very very very high pain tolerance. Plus she's as stubborn as 5 mules - but way prettier.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

She's firmly against spending big $ on frivolous things... So I didn't. I just let her think I did.

She could only kick my ass if I let her. That said, she could kick most all y'alls asses. She's incredibly strong and has a very very very high pain tolerance. Plus she's as stubborn as 5 mules - but way prettier.

Good luck amigo. If she tells you to hop into the hot tub while she finishes dinner, I would check the water for carrots and onions.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I haven't met you or your wife but, I gotta say....you are either really brave, really dumb or crazy...or maybe a little of each. But I dig that you are taking a stand on the principle that she is firmly against frivolous spending. As someone said a few posts up, she probably already knows. Maybe ahe knows but thinks you just weren't smart enough to know better when you bought them (meaning maybe she is just showing you mercy).

If I did that I would probably find out one of my guns had been sold to get what she wanted.
    Good luck with letting it ride

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Can't you just play innocent, shrug your shoulders, and say "I guess I should have known better than to buy diamonds in the INGO classifieds"?

Technically, you wouldn't actually be saying that is where you got them, or that you didn't know they weren't real, seems fitting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure how much longer I have left.

My wife is somehow under the impression (ahem) that the earrings I got her for her birthday are diamonds.

But they're not.

When I gave them to her, I simply said "In the past I know you've mentioned that you'd like some larger diamond stud earrings, so I got you these."

A few days later she said to me "I hope you didn't spend a lot on those earrings". So I texted her a link to a pair of 2ct total weight square cut diamond solitaire earrings from Zales' website. Like $3500 for that particular pair I linked her to.

So when she finds out that her 2 ct total-weight earrings aren't diamonds... Well, like I said, it's been nice knowing y'all.

In my defense: I never told her they WERE diamonds. But I also didn't tell her they weren't.

Sweet Mother of Pearl, son! You're not very bright. I say this as the guy who fell for "No, I really don't want you to give me a Christmas gift" twice. TWICE.

Not smart. You're doomed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sweet Mother of Pearl, son! You're not very bright. I say this as the guy who fell for "No, I really don't want you to give me a Christmas gift" twice. TWICE.

Not smart. You're doomed.

I shall use the savings on buying Not Diamond Earrings to purchase a Microtech LUDT. However, I'm hoping that I have a Bawidamann Huginn on the way as a birthday present.

Thing is: The stones ARE 100% natural gemstones. Not lab created. Not CZ.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    TF, my friend. What's it worth to you for her to not find out? As you are aware, she is in reasonably frequent contact with a member of my family. All it would take is a small post-it note to be handed off during one of those interactions. Now I'm not saying I'd do something like that, but it'd be terrible if'n something like that were to happen, hypothetically, of course.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    TF, my friend. What's it worth to you for her to not find out? As you are aware, she is in reasonably frequent contact with a member of my family. All it would take is a small post-it note to be handed off during one of those interactions. Now I'm not saying I'd do something like that, but it'd be terrible if'n something like that were to happen, hypothetically, of course.

She'd be relieved to know that I didn't spend $3500+ on jewelry!

So...When do you want to come over for a homemade Old Fashioned? Or even a bastardized Mint Julep?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Snitches get stitches!

BUT, knowing TF, I would not be scared to snitch :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    She'd be relieved to know that I didn't spend $3500+ on jewelry!

So...When do you want to come over for a homemade Old Fashioned? Or even a bastardized Mint Julep?

Hmm. I see. Thanks for inviting the rest of us. No, don't worry about us. We'll just sit here in the dark. If it gets cold, we'll just make do by putting on a sweater.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hmm. I see. Thanks for inviting the rest of us. No, don't worry about us. We'll just sit here in the dark. If it gets cold, we'll just make do by putting on a sweater.

Don’t worry. You can come over to my house. I have some knives and flashlights we can play with.

Top Bottom