• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    mcs1.jpg

I am waitin on that. :) Got one on pre-order, its mine.
    :ar15::ar15::ar15: :draw:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    What is that Dom? What are the details?

MSAR MCS

Supposedly, and the info is very vague, they will be coming out with 9mm glock mag fed ones first, than the 40 cal and 45 cal versions.

Basically its a AUG styled bullpup side ejective blowback 33 round 9mm carbine.

Just what the doctor ordered for a christmas gift for my wife eh?

5 or so 33 round Glock happy sticks, usable at all pistol only ranges, and will has a MSRP in the 850 range.

Trigger is probably bad, being a bullpup but at the ranges that 9mm is effective that wont matter a ton imo.

We are setup as a dealer and have one on pre-order, but other than that, no news.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    That thing looks Awesome. The MSRP is $850, huh? Do you know the anticipated release date? I'm assuming soon since they are letting dealers pre-order.

They are being very closed mouthed, and they are having trouble filling orders for their other products, so my guess is...

It wont be soon.

They are MURMERING about summertime, but honestly I wouldnt be surprised if its years.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I would pick one up in a heart beat once there are high capacity magazines are available. Other than the magazine issue I'm completely sold on them. I've shot my friends quite a bit and I'm so impressed by the accuracy. I've never seen a malfunction so in my experience it has been rock solid.

Congrats on your Hi Point.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree about the lo-cap mag. This thing would be ridiculous with a 20 or 30 round magazine. I got my TS stock for it today, Hi-points parts department is FAST! I have to say, you can't really appreciate how nice the new stocks looked compared to the old ones until you have swapped them out. I really like the look and feel now, it's like a brand new rifle.

HP995-3.jpg

HP995-2.jpg

as you can see I changed a few things and the red dot co-witnesses fine with the iron sights when the front sight is move back to butt up with the stock. I also took the barrel mounted rail off of mine, just wasn't feeling it and knew i would not use it. I do plan on ordering the side rails for the hand guard. The set of 2 cost a whopping $15 and it has a built in sling attachment. I also polished the feed ramp so I cannot wait to go back to the range!

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love my 995. I reccomend them to everyone I shoot with.

But 10 round mags bring the suck.

Shameless pics

ATI treated 995

-Gary

Very nice man! the only thing that kept me from going that route were the horror stories about fitment issues and log term performance issues due to the rigidness of the stock. Have you had any problems with your setup?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I was just thinking today that I need to find a nice 9mm carbine... The SKS, AK, VZ58's are great, but 7.62 is pricey compared to 9mm.

Anyone know if there were any available at the last 1500? I've done a little digging tonight, and can't seem to find anyone on-line with these guys in-stock.

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    Very nice man! the only thing that kept me from going that route were the horror stories about fitment issues and log term performance issues due to the rigidness of the stock. Have you had any problems with your setup?

I picked it up from the local shop already converted and it came with the original stock. I have had no issues so far and I have put about 550 rounds through it. No FTFs or FTEs.
    After I picked it up I added:
    ATI 6" Bottom rail kit
    ATI Tactical but pad
    Morse Lekker barrel shrould
    UTG bipod
    Cheap Tactical flashlight
    Aluminium charging handle I turned out on the lathe

It is by far the most fun gun I have and very accurate.

-Gary

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I just recently sold my 995 to my brother in law. Also sold my 9mmC pistol to a friend and I miss both of them.

Cheap and fun to shoot and the warranty and customer service is incredible! Every time I needed a new part or an accessory I just called them and had it within the week. I'd recommend Hi-Point to anyone who just wants something to take to the range.

As one person stated, it is a PITA to field strip and they are really not meant to be taken completely apart and cleaned, but even after thousands of rounds I didn't have too many problems.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Love my 995. the 10-rnd mag is the worst part. But, it's accurate and reliable and I clean it every 500 rounds or so.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I didn't know that the cleaning was such a pain. Have to make that two things that warn me off one of these.
    The cleaning difficulty I could deal with, but 10 round magazines make it a no go for me.

I wonder if Hi Point has ever considered making magazines with a larger capacity? Does anyone know Hi Points official stand on 10 round magazines?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Love my 995. the 10-rnd mag is the worst part. But, it's accurate and reliable and I clean it every 500 rounds or so.

That is going to be the hard part for me. I clean my guns after every range trip. :):

I didn't know that the cleaning was such a pain. Have to make that two things that warn me off one of these.
    The cleaning difficulty I could deal with, but 10 round magazines make it a no go for me.

I wonder if Hi Point has ever considered making magazines with a larger capacity? Does anyone know Hi Points official stand on 10 round magazines?

The tear-down issues are all but eliminated with the new TS stock. With the old stock, you had to split the entire stock. With the new one, the upper part of the fore end has a quick release and slides right off. Then all you have to do is remove two bolts to remove the entire assy from the stock. The process is 200% easier IMO.

The aftermarket 15 round mags do have a tendency to jam at first. They can be made reliable after a break in period and some adjustment. The only failures I have ever experienced with my 995 have been with these magazines.

What this weapon does for the price is simply amazing. I can routinely knock out water bottles at 50yds and beyond with just a cheap red dot. I imagine with better optics, taking it well beyond 100yds would be very possible, especially if you use quality ammo.

I don't know how anyone could expect to do any better at this price point. When you add the fact that it will be made like new for life no matter who owns it or what's wrong with it, its really hard to beat. :twocents:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis

Cleaning is not terrible, but in comparison to my other rifles the takedown procedure is more extensive. I just got the new stock so it does seem to go together easier, but the old one just took a few minutes to field strip versus seconds for most of my other rifles. That plus the fact you cannot get to the feed ramp and bore easily without field stripping the rifle is why I say it's a pain. The gun itself is really no more difficult to break down just more time consuming. With my 10/22s I can just lock the bolt back and clean them real quick, the AR comes apart in seconds and a bore snake
    gets her done quick, my Saiga breaks down in seconds so these are the reasons I say the HP's break down method is a PITA and you need tools!

Man, Saiga, that looks great with the new stocks! You guys posting pix are making me envious all over again! Fun fun fun!
    Thanks, definitely a great investment so far!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I purchased one about a year and a half ago. The barrel was not installed properly so I sent it in. The people were awesome to deal with. They replaced all my mags and matte coated the chamber body as well as fixed the barrel. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they just gave me a new gun and stamped my old number on it, HA!

I recently purchased the 15 round mag and have not had a bit of trouble with it. Had it bore sighted in at about 60 yards and it holds a pattern about like what you got at 50'.

I have about $250 invested in this fun little varmint gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom