• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    When people that work in gun stores tell me not to buy an item, that's usually deterrence enough for me to stay away from it. But after reading your reviews I may have to rent one and see for my self. :)
    Well, I have heard some bad about the Hi Point carbines, but honestly most of what I have heard has been very positive.:dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    When people that work in gun stores tell me not to buy an item, that's usually deterrence enough for me to stay away from it. But after reading your reviews I may have to rent one and see for my self. :)

Just buy a used one, if you don't like it ( you will!), then you can sell it.
    I've got 3 hi-points, no problems, fire every time, and don't listen to everyone that says don't buy them, most of those people have never fired one!
    Hi-points are good ,reliable forearms.
    Yes, they are heavy, and almost as ugly a Glock, but they are good weapons!

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I've never had an FTF with my carbine. Hi Point will not consider a larger magazine because they want to stay Kali compliant. It's kind of pointless IMHO 'cause they are specifically listed by brand on any proposed ban list I've ever seen (because of Columbine).

Keep in mind that the 4595 is out there too and you know what 45's can do...
    tom-hanks.gif

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Finally got a chance to shoot it with the new TS stock and shorter sight base and it was NICE! I was using dirty steel cased ammo and had a couple of FTFs (not sure whether it was the ammo or the magazine) Either way no biggie, definitely an easy fix. Still hit where I pointed and a blast to shoot. At this point I am still loving it.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Finally got a chance to shoot it with the new TS stock and shorter sight base and it was NICE! I was using dirty steel cased ammo and had a couple of FTFs (not sure whether it was the ammo or the magazine) Either way no biggie, definitely an easy fix. Still hit where I pointed and a blast to shoot. At this point I am still loving it.

Took mine to the indoor range at Pop Guns Tuesday. While it's sighted in at 60 yards, I cut a 4" hole in the bullseye with 15 rounds at 50'. Gotta love it! :rockwoot:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    According to Hi Point higher cap mags are in the works. I have to say the 10rd mag has never bothered me much. I've never had any issues with mine as far as reliabilty goes . Figure on a good cleaning every 500-1000 rds and you shouldn't have any trouble.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    According to Hi Point higher cap mags are in the works. I have to say the 10rd mag has never bothered me much. I've never had any issues with mine as far as reliabilty goes . Figure on a good cleaning every 500-1000 rds and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Kalboy, what is your source on this? I haven't been able to find anything out about it. really, really want it to be true....

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Loved all the hi-points I have ran across in the past. That said, the only issue I have ever found with them is when running a course and blowing through 200-300 rds. Once that barrel heated up it had quite a few FTE's. But for the casual shooter, they have always been great. IMO For the price, why not?

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I heard that HI POINTS should be avoided all together. That you get what you pay for. Are they really that bad?

Top Bottom