Benchmade just stepped in it with both feet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Way to prop up that strawman. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

"there is nothing snowflake about it", because that's not the meaning of snowflake. I think the word you want is "triggered".

"Snowflake" refers to a person that thinks they're special and deserves to have red carpet rolled out everywhere and given participation trophies.

...and come to think about it, yes this is exactly the meaning of "triggered". You see what appears to be perfectly useful guns being cut up by the PD. You're triggered exactly like a vegan walking by a butcher shop window.

You've taken common practice - destroying guns from crime and "buybacks", and extrapolated it into a some fiendish plan to enact gun control.

How is this different than liberal activists? Screw reality - how does it make me feel; that's what's important!

Would I like to buy that SKS? Hell yeah. But, there's probably a lot of boxes to check for the PD to sell it to me, and that's probably not a good use of tax dollars.
    Do I want to see Benchmade chop up an SKS? Hell no. But, they're helping the PD. And no one gave two ****s about their campaign contributions yesterday, so why now? If that's really an issue, then pull up campaign contributions for every blade maker - round 'em all up!
    No, as in the past on here I do not need to be corrwcted by you. Look a mossplelled word! Bad grammer. I dont give a **** either.
    Anyways, i used the word (snowflake) that i wanted to use in reference to other comments that were made. I chose THAT word. Get your nose out of other peoples asses all the time.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    1) That police departmentÂ’s policy is to destroy all guns that come into their possession.
    2) The guns Benchmade cut up were guns the police recovered from crimes AND guns turned in by the public either by being brought in and given to the police or taken in in buy ‘by-backs.’
    3) There was no order to destroy the guns, that department doesn’t want to sell them because ‘guns are bad.’ It’s the department policy, not state law. It’s the same here, a few years ago the Marion County Sheriff destroyed thousands of guns. I don’t know if that’s still the policy.
    4) Police departments selling guns has been a topic in the news in Oregon, Oregon pols frequently criticize Washington state for selling guns.

https://www.oregonlive.com/today/2018/01/should_police_agencies_sell_th.html

https://www.gunnewsusa.com/2019/02/21/benchmade-issues-statement-after-helping-police-destroy-guns/

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This has been all over facebook. I'm thinking... So what? They have a good working relationship with law enforcement, and it was gonna get done anyhow. Court ordered, no biggie. I mean, it's not like they're releasing statements that say "Nobody really needs an automatic knife, so we quit making them."

Benchmade Knife Co

G1ERnlS.png

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000047693&cycle=2012

Then I see this crap...^^^. Now, if this is accurate, it's way more disturbing than cutting up a few court ordered guns. Giving money to the Dems, and not the Republicans will ensure that cutting up guns not only continues, but grows. NOW, I have cause for concern, but not to freak out.

Still like my Benchmades though... I got 4 of the damn things, and they're fine blades.

As far as all the people in the gun community going bonkers about it... Looks to me like they're acting like the whiny snowflakes on the left, crying about some business that wouldn't make a cake for them.

Last edited:

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    Benchmarks has a very right to put money in Democrat pockets! And I have the freedom to take my business to other companies. I thought it was strange when the popular knife rights, knives designed by Doug Ritter were dropped by benchmade. Doug commented on the fact that Benchmade dropped him with no notice. He took his design to Houge that now makes them. It's an improved Griptillian. Sold through Knifeworks. Heck of a time for benchmarks to let the community that supports them down. The parent on the Axis lock just expired! And that lock system was the primary reason a lot of us purchased their product.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Benchmarks has a very right to put money in Democrat pockets! And I have the freedom to take my business to other companies. I thought it was strange when the popular knife rights, knives designed by Doug Ritter were dropped by benchmade. Doug commented on the fact that Benchmade dropped him with no notice. He took his design to Houge that now makes them. It's an improved Griptillian. Sold through Knifeworks. Heck of a time for benchmarks to let the community that supports them down. The parent on the Axis lock just expired! And that lock system was the primary reason a lot of us purchased their product.

Proofread your post. It's Benchmade. Better to not sound like an idjit when trying to make a cogent point.

I really don't have time to translate the whole post into English.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I get so tired of fudds saying: "well so and so were just following the law. What they did was legal."
    And the ultimate anti freedom line when you want to knowingly pass or do something squashing someones rights, that even the left uses; "they were just supporting and helping the police". Kinda like when youre gonna pass a bill stripping citizens of their rights without the reach around, you put the word freedom or patriot in the title.
    Oh for crying out loud, run home to momma so she can make you a sammich and some ewarm milk from the tap.
    When they federaly make owning an AR15 illegal and pistol mags over 10 rounds and the gun manufacturers just "follow the law" and turn over their customer databases with your names addresses, phone numbers, and emails, as well as your website search history and viewing patterns and order history, over to the feds, i suspect the same people who are usually ok with more and more infringements and blow off stuff like what benchmade did, will be the first ones turning in their guns early. Prove me wrong. Time will tell but ill bet money I'm right.

And if you think its not going to happen just look at the dem controlled states LIKE OREGON,.california and others where they keep doing it. Next time they take the white house and both houses of congress its happening people.

So now while we still openly have our freesoms without fear of a swat team kicking in our doors, I personally think its VERY important to call out and shame all actions that can be seen as anti-gun. Destroying firearms IS ANTI-****ING GUN PEOPLE!!! wake up and.smell the damn coffee.
    And if i sound like a crybaby, you read me wrong. I and some others are like Paul Revere *****es, shouting the red coats are coming and lighting lanterns in church towers trying to wake the rest of the slow or asleep mofos up. I assure you i just want to be left the hell alone and if i thought i could jist ignore things like what benchmades did because its just a dumb mistake then i would. But no i believe its a profound cultural change towards firearms today. We see **** like this being cheered for in the news as public health issues and victories. They cheer buying back grannys broken flintlock pistol! Wake up

Last edited:

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Even if the gun is used in the commission of a crime, it's not the guns fault. I would think, post sentencing the gun could then be cleared for resale (auction) by the police department to help in raising funds for them. Like BP vests, service weapons, training, etc. That would help to offset the costs to the tax payers.
    Benchmade has made a mistake with this. They should have never allowed the PD to use their name even if they support them in endeavors such as cutting up guns. They made a line of knives for HK for **** sake!
    Huge pile they stepped in today no doubt. Everyone will have an opinion on this as I did. So be it.
    As for my future purchases, the knives know not of what decisions were made today. I currently own Spyderco, Ka-Bar, and Kizer blades. Will likely buy a couple more of each. All the HK Benchmade blades are either sold out or prices are jacked up.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    This is the bigger problem for me. It would be nice if the PD auctioned the guns off but that is PORTLAND, ground zero for ANTIFA and there is no universe where the PD is going to be allowed to sell those weapons.

G1ERnlS.png

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If you dig deeper into OpenSecerts under their "METHODOLOGY Statement", OpenSecerts makes the following statement: "organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals may include subsidiaries and affiliates."

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000047693&cycle=2018

Can anyone explain how these so called "Organizations PACs" work?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did anybody consider asking the guns if they want to live?
    I didn't think so, you inconsiderate bastards! :crying:

#GunsLivesMatter

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I fully support anyone's right to boycott Benchmade and to show my support will provide a service to destroy any of their products sent to me free of charge. PM me for address.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get so tired of fudds saying: "well so and so were just following the law. What they did was legal."
    And the ultimate anti freedom line when you want to knowingly pass or do something squashing someones rights, that even the left uses; "they were just supporting and helping the police". Kinda like when youre gonna pass a bill stripping citizens of their rights without the reach around, you put the word freedom or patriot in the title.
    Oh for crying out loud, run home to momma so she can make you a sammich and some ewarm milk from the tap.
    When they federaly make owning an AR15 illegal and pistol mags over 10 rounds and the gun manufacturers just "follow the law" and turn over their customer databases with your names addresses, phone numbers, and emails, as well as your website search history and viewing patterns and order history, over to the feds, i suspect the same people who are usually ok with more and more infringements and blow off stuff like what benchmade did, will be the first ones turning in their guns early. Prove me wrong. Time will tell but ill bet money I'm right.

And if you think its not going to happen just look at the dem controlled states LIKE OREGON,.california and others where they keep doing it. Next time they take the white house and both houses of congress its happening people.

So now while we still openly have our freesoms without fear of a swat team kicking in our doors, I personally think its VERY important to call out and shame all actions that can be seen as anti-gun. Destroying firearms IS ANTI-****ING GUN PEOPLE!!! wake up and.smell the damn coffee.
    And if i sound like a crybaby, you read me wrong. I and some others are like Paul Revere *****es, shouting the red coats are coming and lighting lanterns in church towers trying to wake the rest of the slow or asleep mofos up. I assure you i just want to be left the hell alone and if i thought i could jist ignore things like what benchmades did because its just a dumb mistake then i would. But no i believe its a profound cultural change towards firearms today. We see **** like this being cheered for in the news as public health issues and victories. They cheer buying back grannys broken flintlock pistol! Wake up

Point made and taken. I was lax on this at 1st as it is just something passing in an already swamped news cycle but after getting into it there is much more.
    I have owned a couple of Bench mades and really do not care much for them. I prefer ZT and ProTech offerings personally but this has been a mistake and it will have a backlash.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    TT,

I don’t think you’re being a baby. And, I realize I’m in the minority on this issue. I just think people have read way too much into this and have taken the ball way too far. My guess would be that some mid-level guy at the PD posted some photos thinking he was doing BM a favor by publicly thanking them, not expecting this poo-storm. The campaign donations look bad, but it also states that just about anyone affiliated with BM would be counted in those donations.

The PD is required by Policy to destroy the guns. The machine shop they normally use was unavailable. BM helped them out with some plasma cutters. Donations to Democrat candidates were made by individuals somehow affiliated with BM. That’s all I read into this story.

Edit: The source I found stating the PD was following Oregon law may have been incorrect. It could just be the PD’s policy. I updated that portion of my comment.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read “will be destroyed” differently than you. It was an honest question, I was wondering if there was a statute I was unaware of.

Well, the "how and when" part was important to the sentence, too. ;)

Unfortunately, guns are destroyed in Indiana, because they can be. Some places - even places that might be surprising - would rather destroy them than deal with the downside of selling them.

I think there's another statute that covers forfeited firearms, too, but I could be confusing it with the feds. It was an issue that I had reason to research years ago, so it has become a bit blurred.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Did anybody consider asking the guns if they want to live?
    I didn't think so, you inconsiderate bastards! :crying:

#GunsLivesMatter
    Babies lives don't even matter these days... why should a tool being destroyed make a difference?

Those guns were gonners... done in by court orders. Only thing I need to know is did Benchmade

1. Simply try to maintain a working relationship with law enforcement?

or

2. Actively seek out an excuse to destroy firearms because they consider them as not within our rights to "keep and bear"?

and

3. Now that it's been brought up, How much money does the "company itself" donate to left leaning political causes?

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    As I understand it, the police department CHOOSES to destroy guns or has a policy of not selling seized/civil asset forfeiture obtained/dumped firearms. Choose the language you prefer. I didn't see staurday night specials or zip guns being cut up and this makes baby Jesus cry. I'm of the opinion that every gun matters these days seeing that many (a majority?) of politicians have been trying to eliminate all firearms via attrition for decades. The outrage should however be placed on the government authority (police department in this case) that all forms of firearms obtained by any method are destroyed. Personally I don't think this really should "outrage" people as this has been going on (wholesale destruction of quality and historically valuable firearms) for a long long time in all corners of the country. I might suggest if departments really want to follow the wishes of the community by destroying firearms, they could cut the receiver and part out the quality and/or historically valuable firearms. I will say I'm pleased the 2A community is finally reacting this way.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The problem I have is someone at Benchmade made the decision that it's ok to help destroy firearms. These appear to be legal firearms, not unregistered machine guns or anything like that. Benchmade and other knife manufacturers should be on our side but obviously they all aren't.

Only a fool or someone who flat out doesn't care would allow their company to be involved in the destruction of legal firearms. They deserve what happens to their sales and I hope the majority of us make sure to not give them any more money.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Follow the $ gents. That always shows where their heart is. Of course they were going to help the local PD destroy them. Why would they not? What do the $ donations show? They support the D's. Its pretty simple.

IBTL :popcorn:

Top Bottom