• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    wing nut Ravens fans claiming that the NFL rigged this game because they wanted a Bills v Bengals showdown.

:tinfoil:
    Well the wing nut ravens themselves seem to be imploding. Lots of internal recriminations getting out. Particularly conflicting reports about Jackson and the severity of his injury or a play in the contract negotiations…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I Stayed in the lead pack in my pool and won a great cigar on a side bet.

Cheers all around…
    For them to go up to Buffalo, with the added emotional boost of Hamlin showing up at the game no less, playing in Buffalo weather? They're the real deal I think. The commentators were even comparing them to a Peyton Manning-led team. In their execution, they certainly look like it!

But does Burrow call his own plays like Manning did? I honestly don't know. But in my mind, that's what made Manning special.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For them to go up to Buffalo, with the added emotional boost of Hamlin showing up at the game no less, playing in Buffalo weather? They're the real deal I think. The commentators were even comparing them to a Peyton Manning-led team. In their execution, they certainly look like it!

But does Burrow call his own plays like Manning did? I honestly don't know. But in my mind, that's what made Manning special.
    Rodgers says no QB, even Manning, calls their own plays from scratch, more like he sees the D and calls the play that will be best against the formation the D is in.

“Jeff Saturday, who snapped to both Rodgers and Manning, noted that it's not unusual for a quarterback to use a coach's play-calls as the starting line for improvisation rather than handling those calls himself. "Peyton has -- and Aaron did as well when I was there -- the freedom to change if they see something like they differently," Saturday told ESPN. "It's what you call the 'check-with-me' system. You've got two runs and two passes in your head when you walk to the line of scrimmage and whatever defense they give you, you have what you like best and that's how you go."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rodgers says no QB, even Manning, calls their own plays from scratch, more like he sees the D and calls the play that will be best against the formation the D is in.

“Jeff Saturday, who snapped to both Rodgers and Manning, noted that it's not unusual for a quarterback to use a coach's play-calls as the starting line for improvisation rather than handling those calls himself. "Peyton has -- and Aaron did as well when I was there -- the freedom to change if they see something like they differently," Saturday told ESPN. "It's what you call the 'check-with-me' system. You've got two runs and two passes in your head when you walk to the line of scrimmage and whatever defense they give you, you have what you like best and that's how you go."
    That's fair enough. So I wonder how many have that freedom?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom