• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm replying with quote to your replies to me - I dont call that pressing.

If you, as a man (as well as anyone else included in your "we"), need to be spoken to softly...well thats something you'll have to sort out for yourself, but I disagree that I said anything harsh.

And you are pushing your luck. I have asked you to let it go. I have been gracious about it. Read the thread new guy. Your questions were answered.
    You came at me. I asked we let it (this) go. I will ask again. Not out of spite anger or as a moderator but a member asking you to stop screwing up the thread.

I am very well sorted. More so than you know. I have not made any personal jabs at you and will not. You will not make any more at me.

Last time. Let it go.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    And you are pushing your luck. I have asked you to let it go. I have been gracious about it. Read the thread new guy. Your questions were answered.
    You came at me. I asked we let it (this) go. I will ask again. Not out of spite anger or as a moderator but a member asking you to stop screwing up the thread.

I am very well sorted. More so than you know. I have not made any personal jabs at you and will not. You will not make any more at me.

Last time. Let it go.

:mods:

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West

Last time. Let it go.

Why respond to my posts if I'm not to respond to yours?

Seriously - please point me to the rule that states who I am allowed to respond to and under what conditions. I'd like to stay - hell I'd even like to sort THIS out with you, in another thread if its that big of a deal - but this is feeling kind of silly, to say the least.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why respond to my posts if I'm not to respond to yours?

Seriously - please point me to the rule that states who I am allowed to respond to and under what conditions. I'd like to stay - hell I'd even like to sort THIS out with you, in another thread if its that big of a deal - but this is feeling kind of silly, to say the least.

What is there to sort out. I am not the only person to see you as being pushy/harsh. Read the thread. You have been answered. I do not get what you are going on about. I made a statement. You questioned it. The question has been answered. You were asked to let it go so the thread can carry on.

Now I would again ask what in the heck are you going on about. We have wrecked this page with this sillyness. What is this. There is no this. I have asked you to let it go so the thread can resume.
    My lifes experiences obviously do not mirror yours. I have been walking this life on many different paths and yes I am sorted out.
    There is no this.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What is there to sort out. I am not the only person to see you as being pushy/harsh. Read the thread. You have been answered. I do not get what you are going on about. I made a statement. You questioned it. The question has been answered. You were asked to let it go so the thread can carry on.

Now I would again ask what in the heck are you going on about. We have wrecked this page with this sillyness. What is this. There is no this. I have asked you to let it go so the thread can resume.
    My lifes experiences obviously do not mirror yours. I have been walking this life on many different paths and yes I am sorted out.
    There is no this.
    I'd use a different word than pushy or harsh, but it would have a shh sound and a long E sound. But, that's if I was trying to fan the flames.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd use a different word than pushy or harsh, but it would have a shh sound and a long E sound. But, that's if I was trying to fan the flames.

Some folks hook onto something and get focused on it. The member in question and I are working on this. There may or may not be a cheeseburger summit soon. We will see.

I am always down for a burger...:cool:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK....I see what this is and yes I agree. It was me that threw this out there so.....Help me out Oh scholarly ones.....What would the proper term be.

No worries. Like I said, it's just the way people have come to refer to it in everyday speech. People have sort of made common usage of "racism" to refer to white racism against blacks. And so another common usage has been just to say "reverse racism" to refer to black racism against whites. I think if we strip back the vinegar from Paul West's first reply to you, all he's saying is racism is racism, and that we don't need to say "reverse" racism, because that sort of implies something we don't actually mean. That white on black racism is "normal" racism, and that black on white racism is somehow different. If a black person hates me because I'm white, that's racism. If a black person hires another black person over a white person because of race, that's racism.

I'm replying with quote to your replies to me - I dont call that pressing.

If you, as a man (as well as anyone else included in your "we"), need to be spoken to softly...well thats something you'll have to sort out for yourself, but I disagree that I said anything harsh.

Now hold on. No one's saying anyone needs to be spoken softly to. It's about polite conversation and forum educate. Get to know people before you spit vinegar.

You guys can obviously do what you like. But I'll be as challenging an argument opponent as I can be - which I believe is a GOOD thing - if/when I jump into something. Articulation/dialogue is our greatest strength as humans. To discuss things is how we make progress. Without dialogue our only recourse is violence. Thus, I am of the mind we should WELCOME opposite/differing opinions. And not only that but we should create not straw men arguments and tear them down but rather we should build IRON MAN arguments and try to tear those down.

If my words are biting - which I hope they are! - it could very well mean you have something worth your time to figure out. It could mean I'm a jerk, sure...but you'll have to actually engage honestly to find out. Anything less and you're taking away from YOURSELF, not your opponent...

Well here's the problem. You're picking an argument over nothing. Well. Not that that never happens on INGO. But you're new. That never works out well.

This was two people understanding something differently. Relax. You'll do fine here. If you're going to argue a point, first, it'd be helpful to get to know folks around here. And second, make sure there's actually a bonafide disagreement. This wasn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No worries. Like I said, it's just the way people have come to refer to it in everyday speech. People have sort of made common usage of "racism" to refer to white racism against blacks. And so another common usage has been just to say "reverse racism" to refer to black racism against whites. I think if we strip back the vinegar from Paul West's first reply to you, all he's saying is racism is racism, and that we don't need to say "reverse" racism, because that sort of implies something we don't actually mean. That white on black racism is "normal" racism, and that black on white racism is somehow different. If a black person hates me because I'm white, that's racism. If a black person hires another black person over a white person because of race, that's racism.

Now hold on. No one's saying anyone needs to be spoken softly to. It's about polite conversation and forum educate. Get to know people before you spit vinegar.

Well here's the problem. You're picking an argument over nothing. Well. Not that that never happens on INGO. But you're new. That never works out well.

This was two people understanding something differently. Relax. You'll do fine here. If you're going to argue a point, first, it'd be helpful to get to know folks around here. And second, make sure there's actually a bonafide disagreement. This wasn't.

Thanks. I was seeing it this way after our discussion. It was not meant to inflame the masses....or the one in this case.
    Coming through with the right terminology seems to be more important than the discussion itself to some.
    As I have often stated, my public school education only takes me so far.
    But it seems that our young new friend thinks this is a debate class. It is not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks. I was seeing it this way after our discussion. It was not meant to inflame the masses....or the one in this case.
    Coming through with the right terminology seems to be more important than the discussion itself to some.
    As I have often stated, my public school education only takes me so far.
    But it seems that our young new friend thinks this is a debate class. It is not.

I think it's not a matter of education. It's probably more a matter of how you've heard it all your life. It's just everyday speech.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ooops! Shootered, looks like a case of suicide by mod. Oh well, in any case, drop a PM when your activity director leaves the door to the home unlocked and you can run out for a burger!

Yup.
    Drop me your info and I will get with you when the storm clouds clear away...:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Did your actions show or teach the person anything....at all.

I doubt it. He was either unable or unwilling to recognize that he created a verbal contract and the reneged on it. The principle was lost on him, but it also put me in a bad position.

I got a "B" in the course, which with the inflated grad school grades at UCB was equivalent of a "D." A "C" is literally considered a failing grade since if your GPA drops below 2.0, you're ejected.

For all that satisfaction, he's left sitting there with a crumpled paper to throw away. You're left with a zero.

There was zero satisfaction. I didn't sit and make a quick plan to make a point, I just reacted. I have no doubt I would have failed the exam anyway. In fact, doubt if I would have done well even if he had supplied the formulas I needed. I do know that if he had, I would have used the available time and done the best work I could muster at that time.

Top Bottom