• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    One thing I overlooked to mention. On the newer standard 92s and most Vertecs. They come with plastic triggers and or safety/deck levers. If so order the steel ones from Betetta (about 60 or so bucks and comea with trigger, levers and guide ride)

Not to be long but heres my experience to why I recommend that. I was a Instructor in the Military and am currently for a Federal Agency. Military M9s metal triggers had very little issues I observed anyway but none with dead triggers. On the Federal civilian side we used both DAO Centerions (metal triggers) and new (when they came out) Vertecs (plastic/polymer triggers)

I can not count how many times our Vertecs went down with dead triggers. Reason the plastic trigger gets a groove worn I to it and at some point wont return on it's own. If lucky you can get a couple more shots manually pushing thentrighwr forward But usually its completely dead.

We never had any issues with the Centerions and their metal triggers.

They also have poly guiderods that a steel replacement comes in the kits. The poly rods do get chewed up and are not near as durable as Glock stuff. Again just what I experienced
    And also a 10$ D spring works wonders as well.

Good luck.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A year ago Indiana Gun Club had a M9A3 special buy for $750 that I would have purchased; the one that I dry fired had an excellent trigger. Except I had already purchased a Beretta 92G Elite LTT that I like very well. Ernest Langdon is an expert on Beretta 92's and designed the LTT which stands for Langdon Tactical Technology.

I would consider the M9A3, 92G Elite LTT, Wilson Brigadier, or the 92X. There are lots of youtube reviews of all these models and Yankee Marshal does a very detailed comparison of the Langdon and Wilson. You can get the 92G Elite LTT and 92X direct from Langdon Tactical. 92X is the newest model and appears to be very well designed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They had a few black M9A3 at that same price as recently as last week. All gone now. I'm glad they're gone because I was really really tempted to get one!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got an email yesterday, and then saw this thread this morning. Stainless police trade-in FS for $369. Seems like a decent price.
    https://gunprime.com/products/beretta-92fs-inox-police-trade-in-stainless-steel-9mm

Even in rough condition which with police is usually just holtering and unholstering, that is a great price. Too bad the ad says out of stock. Stainless Italian made for some reason usually command a premium, and the all stainless (Inox) with silver controls slightly more.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It depends on what you want to spend. In my opinion you get the best overall and best value out of the Elite LTT from Langdon Tactical. Add in the trigger job and you’re near $1200 though. If you want to be more budget friendly I’d go with a cheaper model and add to it later. I think the Trigger Job in a Bag from Langdon Tactical and the G-Conversion are a must. But it’s a great gun to start with.

For what it’s worth, I have an M9A1 that I had customized by Wilson Combat. My LTT is better in regards to the trigger, finishing, and details. Plus it came in cheaper than the Wilson.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    My advise would be a 92fs on the used market, G conversion and D series hammer spring along with replacing all the plastic bits and sending it to AllenM for a fiberoptic front sight insert. Do it a step at a time and learn how the gun works in the process.

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I have a 92FS and a 96A1. Incidentally the M9 platform is my favorite of all the pistols I've owned. Frankly if you can nab a FS that would be all that you would need. If you want a model with rails, get the A1.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My LTT is better in regards to the trigger, finishing, and details. Plus it came in cheaper than the Wilson.
    I'm a die-hard CZ guy, but wow am I pining for an LTT Centurion. I've had two different 92 compacts that I couldn't shoot worth a darn and pretty much swore off ever having another Beretta after the second one. But the LTT Centurion keeps nagging at the back of my mind. I had a chance late last week to get a NIB LTT Centurion for a ridiculously good price but didn't move quickly enough.

Last edited:

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    I would say go rent a few and find which one suites your needs best. I personally wanted the 92a1 when I was looking for my first handgun. I couldn't find one to buy right away (impatient) so I found a 92fs. I love it. It's my carry gun and by far my favorite. I recently bought the APX because I love berettas. I plan on doing an Inox parts kit and barrel on my 92. Anyway you look at it I don't think you can go wrong. I have had 0 failures in the 3000 plus rounds I've fired out of it.

marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    I've got a lot of time on the 92 and still own an M9-marked model in case I deploy with a unit that hasn't been fielded the M17 yet. Eventually I'll buy an M9A3. Everything is better- grips, trigger, safeties - and it even comes with a threaded barrel.

I don't have any time on the X models, so that may sway my opinion when I inevitably shoot them.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    92x is closest but I don't need all the "match" features that raise the price. The a3 black still has its decocker slide mounted.

Just a suggestion and heres why. I am an agency instructor with an agency that issues 92D Vertecs. I also spent time in the USAF and retired with ANG and did some instruction and a lot of shooting as I was assigned to Nuke bases for a time.

The Military Berettas and older ones are fine HOWEVER when we got the Vertecs they have plastic (poly) guid rods and triggers. (new DA/SA have plastic levers)

As bad a rap as haters say we didnt have many problems with M9s Military And no trigger issues. With the Vertecs we have dead triggers about every day when we are qualifying. Granted these are shot occasionally more but they go down WAY to much. (50 shooters a day we will have 2 ro 3 a day or every other day go down and it's a 66 round course plus what instructors shoot at lunch)

Even the Beretta rep recommended we buy the upgraded trigger (our bean counters are not gun guys so they dont want to hear that or care)

The poly trigger gets a groove worn I it and it will not reset aka dead trigger. The guide rides while functional do not wear well and look like crap in short order. They just aren't made as well as Glocks system.

So my suggestion if you dont want the 92X (butt handle one and you will be impressed.) At least order the $70 or so kit from Beretta with upgraded trigger, guide rod and Safety/decock lever. If you don't and keep the poly parts you will eventually run into an issue.

Again just my experience and I have seen quite a lot with training and using both since 1989

Last edited:
    Top Bottom