• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think I enjoy shooting the D variant more than the regular FS. The trigger pull on the ones I have are nice. Just like a Glock, one kind of trigger pull, no da/sa.

I agree, the trigger pulls on the D's are typically really nice and you can get them even better, basically like a semi-auto DA revolver. I've always liked them because it was something different and I liked the slick slide. They were the rage for awhile in the late 90's early 2000's along with the variants from S&W, Sig, and HK.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The D model has a lighter hammer spring than the FS making the trigger pull really nice and consistent. Many people install the spring in their FS to get the lighter trigger.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    The D model has a lighter hammer spring than the FS making the trigger pull really nice and consistent. Many people install the spring in their FS to get the lighter trigger.

The stock spring in the FS is definitely too hard. The D is an improvement but the lighter chrome silicon options are even better.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I've already got a lighter one on order from LTT.

I hope your order moves faster than mine did. LTT did fine , ordered d spring and short reach metal trigger on the 14th. Shipped to usps and received by them on the 14th. Sat in Gilbert, AZ. until the 24th , now in TX. Have to love usps right about now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I hope your order moves faster than mine did. LTT did fine , ordered d spring and short reach metal trigger on the 14th. Shipped to usps and received by them on the 14th. Sat in Gilbert, AZ. until the 24th , now in TX. Have to love usps right about now.

Supposed to get here the 28th, we'll see, let us know how you like that short reach trigger.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Supposed to get here the 28th, we'll see, let us know how you like that short reach trigger.

I’d also like to hear your review. I got the LTT “Trigger Job in a Bag” with optimized trigger bar and it’s awesome. Super short reset. Also G decocker conversation is nice.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I’d also like to hear your review. I got the LTT “Trigger Job in a Bag” with optimized trigger bar and it’s awesome. Super short reset. Also G decocker conversation is nice.

I did the same for my 92 Compact, it's a sweet set-up.

e08ViJWl.jpg

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I did the same for my 92 Compact, it's a sweet set-up.

e08ViJWl.jpg

Very nice. Looks like you and I are on the same page.

My Beretta 92 upgrade recipe:

-LTT trigger job in a bag with optimized performance trigger bar and 13# hammer spring.

-Elite hammer II (skeletonized)

-Steel trigger

-Steel guide rod

-Extended magazine release

-G10 grips (I like LOK grips)

After all that it’s probably worth just buying the LTT Elite gun.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This LTT Elite Compact has been tugging on my heart for a while. I think that I'll jump on it ..... sometime in 2021 ! :)

92-ltt-compact2__69534__42329.1590694175.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Very nice. Looks like you and I are on the same page.

My Beretta 92 upgrade recipe:

-LTT trigger job in a bag with optimized performance trigger bar and 13# hammer spring.

-Elite hammer II (skeletonized)

-Steel trigger

-Steel guide rod

-Extended magazine release

-G10 grips (I like LOK grips)

After all that it’s probably worth just buying the LTT Elite gun.

Mine is the 92X Compact i'm not sure if LTT is working with those yet.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I really like the M9A3 but it really does need the G mod imo. All of them do imo!

The only problem I'm noticing is the vertex grip has a shorter length of pull. It's a fantastic shooter once you get used to that.

I bought a Beretta 92FS stainless steel after I got out of the Army. Had it for about 20 years. I had around 15 magazines for it. My brother in law also retired Army just had to have it and offered me a price I couldn't refuse. I replaced it with a Springfield XD Tactical 45acp. To tell you the truth I really don't miss my 92FS. It was a pretty and well built firearm, but I got into the polymer pistol lighter weight. Now I find myself wanting to go back to all steel handguns and wood stock bolt action rifles.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I bought a Beretta 92FS stainless steel after I got out of the Army. Had it for about 20 years. I had around 15 magazines for it. My brother in law also retired Army just had to have it and offered me a price I couldn't refuse. I replaced it with a Springfield XD Tactical 45acp. To tell you the truth I really don't miss my 92FS. It was a pretty and well built firearm, but I got into the polymer pistol lighter weight. Now I find myself wanting to go back to all steel handguns and wood stock bolt action rifles.

The M9 was the first handgun I shot, in the Army, pushed through a qualification course before an all-expenses-paid trip to the sandbox. I did some security missions in Kuwait and got to know the platform. I always come back to the Beretta.

Yep, the stainless/INOX is a beauty. I wanted one for years and finally stumbled over one at a gun show last year, it was new old stock, from the 90’s, and I was excited to take it home.

I hope your BIL gave you good money for that gem!

Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    Great advise on here so I'll throw out another idea. Get the 96 model (whichever you like)(.40 cal) then buy a conversion kit to 9mm. This way you get the best of both calibers in 1 gun. Conversion kits are easy to put together.

Note: you can only convert down in caliber not up. The 92 frame wasn't built to handle the .40 caliber.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I recently picked up a 92FS from IGC as a carry pistol. So far I like it other than the gritty/hard trigger pull and non-night sights. The price was right at <$600 OTD, and the only other feature I kinda wanted was a light rail version (M9A3?).

As others here recommended, I am thinking about doing the Wilson short reach steel trigger & chrome silicon spring upgrade.

I see many also do the Wilson skeletonized hammer as well. What advantage does this mod give and why is it an "upgrade"?

I also checked several videos out about smoothing out the trigger action by using 2000 grit to smooth the contact surfaces of the trigger bar. I am good with hand tools but am a novice when it comes to gun mods, think can I safely do the sandpaper smoothing myself? What other simple mods are recommended?

I am also a southpaw, any good recommendations for a lefty holster? Left hand holsters seem to be very difficult to find at a brick & mortar stores to check out and I hate the idea of ordering one online not knowing if I will like it.

P.S. Why is the model G safety mod recommended? I'm not sure I understand what it does specifically (decocks but stays in condition 1??), mine does decocking fine as is.

Top Bottom