• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    STI spartain. attention to detail, great fit and finish, excellant company, borderline custom. if you keep an eye out you can normally pick one up off GB for 600

Oh, and awesome reputation.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'm looking for something with 3-4" barrel, I would carry this gun. Night sights arent necessary. Single or double stack with a preference for single.

Salvation

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Hamilton Co
    For 800 there are a number of options. I just ordered a Para Ordanace lightweight commander for under that. Really depends on if you want any bells a whistles (extended beaver tail, ambi. safety etc.) You really need to hit the LGS and get a feel for what your wanting. Net research is good for a jumping off point, but I ended up getting one I hadnt even considered/found on the web.

Kev

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I picked up a Remington 1911 for about 600. I love this gun. Shoots like a dream. All my friend who have shot it now say they want to pick one up.

for the sake of fun, (and showing off) heres a pic of it.

LdBUp.jpg

and for vanity sake, heres me shooting it.

bfNik.jpg

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I cant believe there is any debate on this. The Mil Spec Springfield 1911 is damn near perfect. And shouldn't run you over $700. People try to get too fancy with 1911s. The gun was designed so well that you really don't need anything more than the mil specs standards. Its simple, fast and extremely accurate.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    STI, Remington, Springfield, Desert Eagle , Rock Island, Most of the Philippine 1911's are decent. There are many many more, the thing is you pay for what you get in the 1911 world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Springfield. I have Colts, Para Ordinance, Rock Island and Springfield. I love the out of box feel and operation of the SA. There are a lot of folks with a lot of opinions, this is mine.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    If you don't require new, you can sometimes find a stellar deal on low round count Colt. I see SA Loaded pistols pretty frequently in the classifieds here for less than $700. Occasionally a SIG 1911 around that price. That's where I'd look.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I held a springfield loaded parkerized. Some day I will own one of those, but it's going to be a while because you'd be lucky to get out the door with a new one for your $800 or less.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You can find Springer loaded or range officer models for under 800 all day. Forged frame (almost unheard of at this price point, everything else mentioned is cast), nicely done beavertail grip safety, good build quality, good features, and Springer customer support/service is reputed to be quite good as well.
    Buds has the park version for $735 right now. With night sights, no less.

Best value out there, in my opinion. I don't see anything else giving you that much for the money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you need it right now? Give it a few months, save another $500, and buy a Kimber.

Wow, my SA Trophy Match was not that much and just as much gun or more.
    Plainfield shooting supply on 40 has new springers in the case for around $800 out the door. Have left with 3 in the last 6 months. Eyeballing a TRP right now.
    Kimbers are OK but go SA.....JMHO based on owning 1911's since 1962. 12 yrs. old learned on a Gov. issue Colt my Uncle gave me. Been shooting them ever since.

Top Bottom