• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Its built by century, therfore, I wont own one.

Expensive, yes for a real VZ your looking at $800 to start. AKs start at $350.

Mags, at $13 to $19, expensive, when you can buy ak mags starting at $7 to $8.

Neutered? Now your confused. century imports lots of rifles that are neutered. example WASR-10s. They add lot of "evil features" to them, but they dont build them. Now, the VZ2008, they build the whole thing. NO THANKS.

again, no thanks. :)

No, I know about the sporterized version of the AK that they import and change. Show me an AK that isn't from Century or Inter Ord that runs $350. I looked. Those two are the garbage of the AK world. I see you are in Terre Haute. I encourage you to go look at a VZ at Patriot Arms. Or head on up to Sky King Airport, I will meet you there, and show you not one, but TWO century VZs, and I think you will be impressed. I was leery about buying one, then a buddy of mine bought one. I was going to get an Arsenal, ok. I saw his VZ2008 and about crapped my pants. Doesn't look like Century touched the thing. Its friggin' nice. If you want to see for youself, PM me.

Before somebody thinks I am getting mad over here and trying to pick a fight, understand that is not where my head is. I want everyone to know what a great rifle this thing really is I'm all :rockwoot: not :xmad: right now. :):

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Want an AK thats $350? buy a Saiga ;)

as for garbage, while I know little about the IO AKs, the Century WASR is a good ak. Cheap romy build, but good.

as for looking at your VZ, sure I would love to. Hit clinton rd, turn north, drive about .5 miles, and show me....... or you can go the back way and come up Erickson ;) Im working on a Saiga 12 conversion tonight.

there are barrel things I dont like about the VZ2008 as well, ie not chrome (I shoot corrosive), and not the right length, but Ill always have an issue with full century built guns. But like anything from century, as long as you can look at it before you buy it, you can make sure its g2g.

No, I know about the sporterized version of the AK that they import and change. Show me an AK that isn't from Century or Inter Ord that runs $350. I looked. Those two are the garbage of the AK world. I see you are in Terre Haute. I encourage you to go look at a VZ at Patriot Arms. Or head on up to Sky King Airport, I will meet you there, and show you not one, but TWO century VZs, and I think you will be impressed. I was leery about buying one, then a buddy of mine bought one. I was going to get an Arsenal, ok. I saw his VZ2008 and about crapped my pants. Doesn't look like Century touched the thing. Its friggin' nice. If you want to see for youself, PM me.

Before somebody thinks I am getting mad over here and trying to pick a fight, understand that is not where my head is. I want everyone to know what a great rifle this thing really is I'm all :rockwoot: not :xmad: right now. :):

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    PTR32, Sig Arms 556R-7.62x39, Saiga AK conversion (Arsenal or custom), 7.62x39 AR upper, and the CZ527 bolt (as previously mentioned).

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Want an AK thats $350? buy a Saiga ;)

as for garbage, while I know little about the IO AKs, the Century WASR is a good ak. Cheap romy build, but good.

as for looking at your VZ, sure I would love to. Hit clinton rd, turn north, drive about .5 miles, and show me....... or you can go the back way and come up Erickson ;) Im working on a Saiga 12 conversion tonight.

there are barrel things I dont like about the VZ2008 as well, ie not chrome (I shoot corrosive), and not the right length, but Ill always have an issue with full century built guns. But like anything from century, as long as you can look at it before you buy it, you can make sure its g2g.

As far as the length, as far as I know, the original barrel was 15", and would require a fixed brake. I would rather a threaded 16" barrel than a 15" one with a fixed brake. If you're shooting corrosive the I fully understand your need for a chrome lined barrel. Not that some of the current production Russian ammo is much better than surplus corrosive stuff IMHO. And about the NECESSITY of inspecting Century builds before you buy one, I could not agree more. But two random rifles from two random gun shops from two random distributors that originated at the same factory being great looking guns? My buddy got his from Patriots. Mine came by way of Centerfire Systems (dist) to GunForAll.com (Online purchase) to Favre's Gun Shop(FFL) there in TH. I didn't buy from Jeff because he was out of stock.

IO AKs are not very good at all from what I have experienced. Century does make some decent AKs and maybe garbage may have been a strong word. Lets just agree that they are for the budget minded individual and leave it at that!
    Are you talking the Sporterized Saiga like this one?
    tZPvdT_zukDrbQMruYTH0JDEmS2M8DKxEz6sEGPzxVvsBvelNigvbxUx0S6vRPbq7d0Up1gloLxbmXAs5x-Hj-pFFeHFqugdSARDzb-emeiJjODm18mFiKFR9E7DOMrkwAlUjyNivhoTVB443uiKsKs3dg

Come on man. Apples to oranges again. I mean, yeah, its an AK in principal, an can be turned into a true AK for ~$125 and an hrs worth of work, but even with the skeletonized pistol grip stock,
    pbHM4Kq-ty8vvY06buXSEAMQwwQ-HzSWtZJFlai8mfthtQmx1BZBFsm0E596WTXZwU_VjVb2bFMZLSjnmi-N7qUbU5AX-Di-ekv0bRSUpq__q4jdetc0JldhGA__hmISyLOrI23377XcE4CEcSG9RCFcox8

It doesn't really count to me because its not true AK configuration. All of that being said, like I said yesterday, a gun in the hand is better than no gun at all. If I needed to defend or feed my family, and you gave me the choice, SKS or nothing, I'm gonna choose SKS. But since I have multiple choices, and the freedom to choose, I choose the VZ style of rifle.

If you wanna see our rifles today, shoot me a PM and I will meet up with you. Bring your AKs too!!!!

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I have been shooting my norinco sks for 14yrs! It was given to me for christmas by my uncle when I was fifteen. I have never seen a need for a 20rd mag the 10 rd fixed is just fine. Its easy to clean and ammo is cheap! After attaching a bipod its my favorite 100yd open site rifle. Over the years I cant remember any failure to feeds only a couple failure to fires. Its a little on the heavy side and it will leave a little bruise on your shoulder after a couple boxs of ammo:): but its never going to leave my collection!

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    hay redpit have u shot your vz2008 today? I cant believe that thay havent caught on yet. Redpit isnt BS-ing about how good the vz2008 is.

Last edited:

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Galil is a good type of rifle. Most ak's are good for what thay are made for. Don't take me wrong i'm a huge ak fan, i found something better in my mind at the same price if not cheeper than base price ak. the VZ2008(vz58) found to be everything i was looking for.

Top Bottom