• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    :puke:?? eyes of the beholder i guess. but i ain't mad at ya. as far as accuracy, she'll shoot as good as i can. i haven't had a problem yet putting a bullet right where i want it. granted i haven't tried anything past 150. the only problem i've had is sometimes the primers on wolf ammo fail to ignite. but i've ordered a stronger hammer spring to solve that problem. it is a great rifle to shoot though. and way prettier.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    The mini 14 and 30 rifles have always look good to me. I had 2 mini 14's and thay were a minute of a house, but i've seen others tht would shoot good, I was jelous. But I never had a mini 30, i was worried that it would shoot like the mini 14's i had.It may be that I shouldn't have one. Glad yours does, I still like them.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Best rifle for me in 7.62x39 is an SGL from KVAR.

d_1197.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok, if nothing else the Dugger Gun Show this weekend did give me the opportunity to fondle a CAI VZ2008. Ill admit, it actually looks pretty decent! Im not a big fan of the barrel on the rifle for 2 reasons. #1 reason is I dont like the AK muzzle brake. It doesnt belong on the rifle. A secondary issue is lack of a chrome barrel, but thats not a show stopper for the rifle. Anyway, it looked to be a quality piece. Fit and finish was nice, though I wish it was the right color, but black does fit the rifle. I dont know if I would like the folding stock or not, but it is an original option, just not the greatest cheek weld as with most folders. I wish they had one with a fixed stock so I could see how that feels.

Anyway, the price was decent, though Im sure they can be had cheaper from what Ive seen. I do think I would like to go shoot one at some point. For the price, it seems like a good deal!

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I put paracord around the stock and it helped alot. My VZ went threw another 300 rounds this weekend and again no problems what so ever. I couldn't be more happy with it. So far it has went threw around 700 rounds without a problem.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Also, if you search here for Vz2008 you will find resources I posted for accessories of all sorts, including 5 different stock types available. Thats pretty decent if you ask me, especially considering one of those options is the M4 style that everybody seems to like.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Quality wise... Norinco SKS, had mine since I was little, and grew up with it.

Oddly enough, it's never had a jam. Only malfunction its ever had was a slamfire with some questionable ammo. Can't even begin to try to put a figure on the amount of rounds that's been through it. Probably close to 5000.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like the Saiga. As bought, it is like a modern SKS that uses a detachable magazine. But it can also be modified back to an AK format and makes one of the best AKs out there.

picture.php

picture.php

saltyjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    AmericanBob,

I was wondering if you could share the different links or places you purchased some of your addons for the nice mini 30 you show here.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    wish i could, the gun had that stock on it when i bought it. it's an a.t.i. stock. collapsable and side folder. my only additions are the ruger factory mags and as of yesterday a wolff extra power hammer spring and recoil spring. haven't even had a chance to fire it with the new springs yet.

Top Bottom