• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When I was looking for an AK, I considered the VZ, but decided I wanted more capability to interchange with various models - kinda like choosing a Windows-based computer over an Apple.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Czech VZ-58 (no, it's not an AK).
    CZ_VZ58_Carbine_Wood_Stock_A.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Someone mentioned the CZ-527 for the best in the accuracy department. (within the first few responses)

There's also a Reminton "mini-Mauser", that I think's made by a Turkish company.

This would be another route should you want a bolt action gun.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Czech VZ-58 (no, it's not an AK).
    CZ_VZ58_Carbine_Wood_Stock_A.jpg

I like the side folder with synthetic look better than the above. The B&T railed handguards look pretty awesome, and the Troy looks decent too.

vz58_005_01.jpg

There are about 5 different stock styles for them, 5 different hand guards, 3 different pistol grips, left side bolt handles, etc. The companies that make accessories for them are few, but the accessories are all quality, because the military uses for these rifles mainly lie with their special forces groups.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I used to have a cheapo AK and shot it side by side with a friends SKS and the group the SKS shot was half the size. That debate will never end between the advantages of an AK with a 75rd drum or an SKS that's more accurate with less capacity.

I did see one rifle that I thought was pretty amazing. If I remember right the guy in the gunstore said it was a norinco or something like that, but it's an SKS that's made to accept AK magazines. To me that seems like it'd be the best of both worlds. Decent accuracy with the ability of high or low capacity. I'm no expert in those rifle, but I think it may be a good option to consider when looking for a 7.62x39mm

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Save time and money and get a vz2008. I know i talk alot about them but thay are that good.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    At least 12 of your post count is about the vz2008;)

What it comes down to is we stumbled onto this rifle in search of the perfect battle rifle, and now that we have found it, we want everyone to know its out there. The only thing we stand to gain is maybe the aftermarket will grow, although all of the accessories out there are quality.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    How does that mini-30 shoot? I've tried miny 14's in the past but thay didn't shoot vary true. I wish mine i had, because i really liked them. I have a freind that has one and it shoots vary good, about 2 moa, and mine about 6-7 moa. And whats wrong with Century?

Top Bottom