• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I can wait. I'm in no hurry.

There are a lot of good ideas/deals. I'm [STRIKE]a cheapskate[/STRIKE] frugal so I'll have to do my homework now.

Thanks again.

I'm the same way. I usually wait till black friday or 4th of July sales and pick up 2 or 3 triggers for up and coming builds or rifle purchases when they are on great sales.

Seems like the larue is popular which I knew but it's coming up a lot in here. May have to check one out. I got my hands on an Elfman and I can't remember which one but it was one sweet single stage trigger too, but I have no idea what they cost.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm the same way. I usually wait till black friday or 4th of July sales and pick up 2 or 3 triggers for up and coming builds or rifle purchases when they are on great sales.

Seems like the larue is popular which I knew but it's coming up a lot in here. May have to check one out. I got my hands on an Elfman and I can't remember which one but it was one sweet single stage trigger too, but I have no idea what they cost.

During the Black Friday & July sales the Larue is usually priced at $99. It's normally $124 if you can wait a few weeks on it to be built and $199 if you "gotta have it now". They are on sale right now for $99. My last order came to $106.95 after shipping.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    During the Black Friday & July sales the Larue is usually priced at $99. It's normally $124 if you can wait a few weeks on it to be built and $199 if you "gotta have it now". They are on sale right now for $99. My last order came to $106.95 after shipping.

Plus you get some sweet Larue swag. Who doesn't like swag? Haha a bottle opener, dry rub, and decals are quite the incentive!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought the teflon nickel boron yada yada from Right to Bear. It was on sale for $37. Only bought to put in the AR9 cause I needed a full profile hammer and aftermarket triggers are known to be finicky in those. Man, it's the best $37 trigger period. It's NICE.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I bought the teflon nickel boron yada yada from Right to Bear. It was on sale for $37. Only bought to put in the AR9 cause I needed a full profile hammer and aftermarket triggers are known to be finicky in those. Man, it's the best $37 trigger period. It's NICE.

Thank you, I forgot all about that. My wifes range toy is a AR9. It's got a stock trigger in it, I guess that's where the ALG will go once it gets replaced. :yesway:

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County

Ordered one of the LaRue triggers a few weeks ago & took delivery last week. First time I have ever upgraded a trigger so looking forward to installing it to see how it compares to the mil-specs that I'm used to.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    My favorite of the ones I’ve tried is the Geissele G2S, which I’ve gotten a couple from Brownells for I think $117 shipped when they go on sale. Brownells also has a B-G2S-E which is maybe a couple of bucks more on sale but has a lighter trigger pull. I’ll eventually get a Larue MBT to try it out but for just general plinking or self/home defense I love the G2S triggers.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've almost forgot what a $100 trigger was like :):
    I didn't mean for that to be snobbish at all. I've just been spoiled by trying other people's higher end triggers and then not being able to settle for less after that so I buy them.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    On Black Friday I ordered (2) CMC single stage flat bow triggers, from PSA they were $109.00 ea. and yes I knew that I would have to wait for them. They finally showed up in February and WOW! Amazing, very light and almost no take up so not for everyone nor every rifle but just what I wanted. In most of my ARs and even an AK I'm running the AGL's and their a great value for a great trigger.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've almost forgot what a $100 trigger was like :):
    I didn't mean for that to be snobbish at all. I've just been spoiled by trying other people's higher end triggers and then not being able to settle for less after that so I buy them.

I understand. To me, the BX25 trigger was a huge upgrade. I know there are better triggers out there but I know as soon as I spend a little extra on a real nice trigger, I'll be an official trigger snob. That will cost me too much. Like I said earlier, I'm [STRIKE]a cheapskate[/STRIKE] frugal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For a cheaper upgrade over a stock, gritty trigger, i love the alg act trigger. I cant compare it to other more expensive upgrades but once i used one of these, i had to upgrade all my ar platforms to it. I've gotten them as cheap as $45 shipped to the door and when i see a similar deal i plan on buying a few more just to have for future builds. I just plink with my Ar s, so i just cant see spending much more personally.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Might be worth putting a WTB for used higher end triggers in the classy's. Never know what folks might have laying around.
    Couple years ago, I was elated to pick up a couple Geisseles from a fine gent who broke them in nicely for me.:ingo:

Also worth a watch/sign up for adds to the big AR sights. Recently Hyperfire ran a clearance before introducing a new model. A little shopping around found better than everyone else with a Brownells discount/free shipping.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Totally agree with people who love ALG trigger and the factory BCM trigger. Awesome triggers
    Larue, worth the money always.
    BCM triggers have save me thousands over the course of my builds. They’re good enuf for gubmint work, and more, the average AR shooters couldn’t tell you the difference between a good trigger and an average trigger just by picking up the rifle and dry firing it anywhoo. So I use the BCM and save a couple hundo, I do like the nicer triggers, but don’t feel I need one.

Top Bottom