• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Got the BCM trigger today. Put it in and couldn't tell any difference at all. Then I realized I got them mixed up. I had put my original one back in by mistake!

So after swaping the BCM in, all is good. Really a much smoother pull without the gritty-ness. Seems a little lighter to. I'm happy!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was able to make a short range trip this morning. I put 90 rounds through it. The trigger is much better. And I was happy I put everything in right and it worked!

The last 30 rds was my first ever mag dump. It was fun but seeing $9 gone faster than a tequila shot at a strip club is still hard on me.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Next trigger will either be BCM PNT or ALG ACT.

or TriggerTech if my curiosity gets the best of me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just received my Hiperfire 24 3g trigger from Brownells. It is the ar trigger I have felt. It was $110!!!!!

I have one of these to attempt to make work in my JR TD Carbine. I have a 24C in my 9mm AR. A quick single stage trigger is important in a go fast gun.

rh276

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Central IN.
    I have 3 - 3lb Velocity AR Drop In Trigger that are dead on 3lbs pull, crisp, sharp and tight no slack. Had two for two years and still feel as good as the day I purchased them, ($150). They also make a 4# and a 4.5# drop in. I have purchased a CMC MATCH GRADE 2 SET-2LB RLS FLAT Drop In for my Grendel build. Never used one before so I want to see.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    ^ The Velocity is my new favorite trigger and that says a lot. I also have a Gissele SDC, a LaRue MBT-2S, a couple RRA NM & a couple PSA enhanced.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Some good suggestions on here. I think I am going to have to do a little trigger upgrading for mine (the more I think). All of mine could use a decent upgrade, they all have their own function in the upcoming zombie apocalypse... and all could use a better trigger.

My son has been strongly hinting at a binary for a while, I keep telling him that once he has his own career and ammo funds, he can binary the hell out of his if he wants, but I don't want to go through my ammo twice as fast thankyouverymuch...

Although I am sorely tempted now that everyone wants to ban them. But the prices have nearly doubled. I should have stuck one back in the safe just for no good reason a year ago... but didn't have the money. But everyone wants to ban them now... so... dammit!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not sure if anyone else is on the Larue wait list or not. I ordered my latest trigger from them on March 2nd. Got my order complete email today.

They are still on sale for $99 right now.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well....Larue trigger got here today. Can't install it. Rifle has the KNS anti-walk pins in it that were given to me as a gift. I forgot the damn pins had loctite on them and I didn't heat them up. Used the original allen wrenches, stripped the holes right out. :xmad:
    Can't find my kit that lets you remove stripped screws either. If the wife doesn't know where it's at (she won't) then I'm probably gonna have to drill the damn things out or spend $20 on a ANOTHER kit.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not up on my 1 vs 2 stage trigger. I've never shot a 2 stage. I know the difference between them and I'm not sure if I really need it. But for that price for a Geissele, I'll keep it in mind.

Single stage is best if you want a surprise break, 2 stage is best if you want confidence in when the break will occur.

2 stage will naturally be better when shooting long range, while single stage can be preferable for more immediate snap shots.

I generally prefer 2 stage.

Well....Larue trigger got here today. Can't install it. Rifle has the KNS anti-walk pins in it that were given to me as a gift. I forgot the damn pins had loctite on them and I didn't heat them up. Used the original allen wrenches, stripped the holes right out.
    :xmad:
    Can't find my kit that lets you remove stripped screws either. If the wife doesn't know where it's at (she won't) then I'm probably gonna have to drill the damn things out or spend $20 on a ANOTHER kit.

Unless it's a full auto receiver you're trying to preserve, they're just tactical gucci, I'd lose the pins in favor of a better trigger.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom