• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    I now have nearly all the parts for my first AR build. I went with the Bravo Company enhanced lower parts kit, so that's where my trigger is coming from. I don't have crazy match trigger hopes for it but I'm hoping it does the standard carbine job I'm wanting it to do.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Unless it's a full auto receiver you're trying to preserve, they're just tactical gucci, I'd lose the pins in favor of a better trigger.

You can still use whatever trigger you want. Its just the pins. Apparently you've never had a trigger pin walk out on you. I have. It's why I use them. Why you would ever use red loctite is beyond me. Especially something holding a spring that can wear out. Blue loctite works just fine.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    i don't know how to grab and post links from my phone but you can just google it... Abe's Gun Cave has a new "best AR triggers" for varying budgets article up.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I now have nearly all the parts for my first AR build. I went with the Bravo Company enhanced lower parts kit, so that's where my trigger is coming from. I don't have crazy match trigger hopes for it but I'm hoping it does the standard carbine job I'm wanting it to do.

I just finished a pistol build and used the BCM enchanced lpk. I haven't had a chance to shoot live rounds with it yet, but I have been dry firing it.

It's a very crisp break with almost no take up.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Never did find my old kit to remove stripped screws, broke down and bought another one. Kit didn't work, it wouldn't bite enough to remove them. I ended up using the bits, from small to large, and just reaming the screws out. I had to maul one side until the head was gone. After that I used a punch and knocked it out. Everything came apart just fine after that.

I didn't add any extra loctite when I installed it, just whatever dry gunk was on the ends of the screws. Whatever it was stuck hard. The KNS kit was a gift from my wife, I hated to destroy it but there was no other way to remove it.

The Larue trigger is now installed and works great. Took it and a couple of other things to the range on Friday. So far so good, but everything needs to go back for another trip. I changed some other things around, red dots, muzzle brakes and a couple of triggers, everything needs to be re-zeroed again. Maybe Monday.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    This thread inspired me to snag a MBT-2S back in mid-March. Just got notice that my order was fulfilled today; I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! :koolaid:

Top Bottom