• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    DO NOT BUY AN RIA EVEN A FULL SIZE>

It has been stated that 1911's in that price point are a crap shoot. Especially compacts. Refer to IChoke people and others.
    RIA's are not well built guns...period. We were trying to be respectful of those who have them. I have seen/worked on many that are just crap.
    1911 ownership is not a budget/inexpensive venture. If money is the issue you may want to look in other directions.

Look into the Rock Island line. I've got the full size and love it and for $419 it came with some nice extras. So far I've put 500 rounds down the tube without any issues and accurate right out of the box.

In full disclosure I do not own a RIA. I was looking at one and Churchmouse talked me out of it. I know an excellent shooter who owns and competes with an RIA in 9mm. He brags about his $400 competition gun. What he neglects to mention is the magwell, grips, trigger work, parts he had laying around, $40+ apiece Dawson mags. I laughed because his $400 had at least another $400 worth of parts in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look into the Rock Island line. I've got the full size and love it and for $419 it came with some nice extras. So far I've put 500 rounds down the tube without any issues and accurate right out of the box.

It is a 1911 in name sake so there will be some accuracy.

Run 500 straight through it at a self defense training class. Then get back with us please.

These guns are a crap shoot. You may or may not get a shooter.

Top Bottom