Best Christmas ideas you've ever had for your wife! GO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Now that I think about it, my MIL bought my wife a vacuum for Christmas last year. She loves it, and uses it routinely. Huh.

My wife would CRINGE if I get her a digital picture frame. Totally not her thing.

I suppose my only real advice is to figure out they kinds of things she really likes, but would never buy for herself. Some like jewelry, others perfumes, or clothes, shoes, whatever. Some like to travel, are DO things (rather than GET things). What does she talk about, but never actually does for herself?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This has always been a puzzle for me. One year, we had been married about five years, I bought her a nice wool sweater at a fancy store. She told me she is allergic to wool. Talk about feeling like a numb nuts. After a few other attempts, I swore off buying clothes for her. It never worked. For the last few years, since she is proud of her Nordic ancestry, I bought her vintage gnome figures. She likes those and has a display of them on a shelf. Also, I try to buy books I think she will have an interest in. It seems to work. If I ask her what she wants, I never get a straight answer. I often tell her she can buy whatever she wants but due to humble beginnings she is still very conservative with money.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Monthly date nights sealed in 12 envelopes that she opens at the beginning of each month to reveal a special date night idea you came up with. I do this for my wife for her January birthday every year and she loves it. Some dates I have used are:
    -Sushi date night
    -Gun range and steak dinner after, ‘Merica!
    -Find a diner, drive in, and dive type place to try
    -Buy a new pair of shoes or oufit
    -Mushroom hunting and a picnic
    -Go hiking
    -Date night in Carmel art district (we don’t live near there, but love the restaurants/trail/etc)

“The gift that keeps on giving, Clark!”

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Last year I --- the entire family -- gave her a quiet weekend at home. We (myself and our son, plus my mom, who lives w us) went to my uncle's. She was able to sleep in, enjoy her coffee, and watch tv.

Oh, I also gave her black rifle company coffee.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Week in Costa Rica.

What if you want to see your wife again?

In the past, I have gotten my wife a vacuum cleaner and a sewing machine. Last year we got each other a treadmill as one of our presents. She loves these things.

Of course I usually sprinkle in some jewelry (diamond tennis bracelet is usually good), money and clothing as well.

My wife's birthday, our anniversary and Christmas are all in a 2 week span. The anniversary is usually pretty low-key, but last year we went to New York for our 25th. 26 will be low key again.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been trying to come up with ideas too. One thing the wifey talks about is "I don't want to come up with what to eat for dinner". I wonder if I can set up a Blue apron account & just have things delivered to us to cook together. One meal per couple of weeks would be plenty.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    My wife is tough to buy for. If she wants something, I tell her to buy it, within reason. She’s picky about her clothes, so I’ve learned not to even attempt that. This year I bought her a bracelet from the website linked below. It has the coordinates of the place where we met. Hopefully this simple gift will be a hit.

https://wandererbracelets.com/colle...ts/custom-coords-bracelet?variant=18890499974

I love it! I just ordered on for my wife! Very cool idea.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Monthly date nights sealed in 12 envelopes that she opens at the beginning of each month to reveal a special date night idea you came up with. I do this for my wife for her January birthday every year and she loves it. Some dates I have used are:
    -Sushi date night
    -Go hiking
    -Date night in Carmel art district (we don’t live near there, but love the restaurants/trail/etc)

I like this idea! My wife's birthday is also in January, so you understand my pain of the triple whammy.....Christmas, January Birthday, Valentine's Day. One thing I have learned is to buy the Valentine's Day card while shopping for the birthday card in January. Kill two birds with one stone!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I like this idea! My wife's birthday is also in January, so you understand my pain of the triple whammy.....Christmas, January Birthday, Valentine's Day. One thing I have learned is to buy the Valentine's Day card while shopping for the birthday card in January. Kill two birds with one stone!

Same. My girlfriend's birthday is the day after Christmas. I buy three or four presents. Two related, and the other two related.

This year, it's some clothing and an art easel.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    -Sushi date night
    -Go hiking

Man you guys are killing me with all this "thoughtful" stuff.:puke: I need to go kill something!:laugh:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Daughters birthday is the week before christmas. Then the wives birthday is the day before valentines. Then the oldest daughter is a couple weeks later. Im done for. I just bought the wife some high end noise canceling headphones so she can ignore us and can relax.

Top Bottom