Best Christmas ideas you've ever had for your wife! GO!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My wife is tough to buy for. If she wants something, I tell her to buy it, within reason. She’s picky about her clothes, so I’ve learned not to even attempt that. This year I bought her a bracelet from the website linked below. It has the coordinates of the place where we met. Hopefully this simple gift will be a hit.

https://wandererbracelets.com/colle...ts/custom-coords-bracelet?variant=18890499974

We just bought a new house (currently under construction, move in before the end of the year) and all new appliances. So, ya, funds are kinda tight now, but simply saying all this is our Christmas presents to each other just doesn't feel right. This bracelet or something like it is a great idea for the present situation.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've bought tickets for plays, concerts, events, and trips before. Always a hit. There have been items specific to her hobbies. She has an annual gift for Christmas of SiriusXM for her vehicle which she REALLY enjoys. Sometimes jewelery & I got her a Citizen Ecodrive dress watch she wears all the time. One year I got her a Sleep Number bed because she was having back issues. I did the digital picture frame one year and it never gets used. It got loaded once, now it never gets turned on and collects dust. She has mentioned ball room dancing lessons many times, but that seems like punishing me, and I'm currently not deeply in the dog house.

I usually listen for things she says she wants or complains about and keep a lost on my phone throughout the year. Takes 10 seconds to update the list each time.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    We just bought a new house (currently under construction, move in before the end of the year) and all new appliances. So, ya, funds are kinda tight now, but simply saying all this is our Christmas presents to each other just doesn't feel right. This bracelet or something like it is a great idea for the present situation.

It's not about the money. I think it is unique and required some thought. It'll work for me (my wife). I almost bout 2, but things are tight here also.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It's not about the money. I think it is unique and required some thought. It'll work for me (my wife). I almost bout 2, but things are tight here also.

We meet with the contractor and electrician today. I'm already planning on getting the coordinates in the middle of the house. I've seen framed coordinates and signage in other homes. I like the idea, just not sure what route to take.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    We meet with the contractor and electrician today. I'm already planning on getting the coordinates in the middle of the house. I've seen framed coordinates and signage in other homes. I like the idea, just not sure what route to take.

As in the coordinates etched into the floor or something similar?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I ordered it with the coordinates of our first date - 43 years ago.......I think. ;-)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought her an 870 20ga a few years back. Might be giving her a Ruger LCP if the original recipient doesn't like it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    With the construction at the new place well under way we decided that we would just drop the money we were going to spend on presents into an account for new furniture and similar stuff.

Honestly if either of us wants something we just buy it, so it isn't like we have a list. This helps me because I can keep my mind on the task at hand, rather than finding a special gift and sneaking around to buy it.

After 30 years of her living in un-finished houses I think that when we finally move in to this one it will be the best gift ever.

One year I bought her all of the books made by a favored author. I then hid them around the house with notes in each one saying where the next one was. Kind of like a treasure hunt. It worked out pretty well, but I had a lot of time at home then to work on it.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Get her something she will use everyday and that you two use together.

A pair of throw blankets for the living room so when you two settle in for the evening to watch TV you each grab a blanket. Something unique or something high end like Woolrich or Pendelton.

We enjoy wine with dinner a couple nights a week at home. A pair of really nice crystal wine glasses and a bottle of wine. Used idea for an anniversary gift last month. She got me a non-stick skillet, wonder if it has anything to do with the other thread and she thinks I am too big.

Speaking of other threads, perhaps a fishing pole and a bikini?

I'll be using some of the other ideas for future gifts.

I would suggest buying her a digital picture frame and loading it with family pictures. Weddings, vacations, graduations and long lost relatives. Always been a home run for me.

Rather than digital upload the photos to Shutterfly and create a photo album.

I highly recommend a vacuum or a stair climber.

Amateurs. Get her a digital bathroom scale with audio. Bonus points if you disable the mute button.

A box of DeBrand Chocolates!

This would be a great gift to go with the scale!

...we got married on august 18th of this year...

First year is paper, here is an anniversary gift idea that keeps on giving. I bought her a paper journal for our first anniversary. Each year I write 3-4 pages in it. Kind of a diary of our year together with some mushy lovey dovey comments thrown in. Whatever trinkets I buy the gift she looks for every anniversary is the book. Coming up on twenty years and the book is over half full.

Then the wives birthday is the day before valentines...
    ...I just bought the wife some high end noise canceling headphones so she can ignore us and can relax.

Ugh! My wife's birthday is on Valentines Day.

Hope the headphones work. That is what I got my wife for Christmas this year.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

First year is paper, here is an anniversary gift idea that keeps on giving. I bought her a paper journal for our first anniversary. Each year I write 3-4 pages in it. Kind of a diary of our year together with some mushy lovey dovey comments thrown in. Whatever trinkets I buy the gift she looks for every anniversary is the book. Coming up on twenty years and the book is over half full.

I used to work with a guy, and for his first anniversary, he got his wife a "happy anniversary billboard" with their wedding picture on it (back when billboards we printed on paper) and she got him tickets for a cruise (back before apps when tickets were printed on paper)

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bought her a new Jeep Grand Cherokee 10 years ago. I had it sitting out in the garage with a huge red ribbon across the hood. I was debating between the Jeep and a pre-owned 740IL. So happy I went with the Jeep as it was 4X4.

Sold it a couple years ago when she got her Hemi Ram.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The best Christmas idea I had for my wife:
    I bought home one of those giant stockings hoping she'd get the hint. I'll let you know how that turns out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never thought about not naming the kids. That cuts out all the tattling.

No, they just point.

I was referring to the fact that while I frequently refer to the fact that 3 out of 4 of my kids are smart, I refuse to name who is who. It's been a running joke for years.

Top Bottom