• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Colt 1991A1 Compact Commander that is very similar to this. The only complaint I'd have regarding it is weight. With a good holster it becomes manageable, but loaded it is almost double in weight over my Glock 27 and it holds nearly half the rounds. 5+1 compared to 9+1.. 40 some ounces.. compared to 20 some ounces. Fairly significant difference. Is there anything out there lighter w/ good capacity?

You might take a look at an aluminum framed 1911. My Dan Wesson CCO comes in at 36 ounces for 7+1 of .45 compared to 28 ounces for my Glock 27 with 9+1. That's only an 8 ounce difference for a loss of 2 rounds of a more effective caliber. For that price, you get a much better shooting gun. I like my G27, but it's the CCO that I carry.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I dont know about best, but my XDS has gone bang every time, and is pretty stinking small.

Not the most fancy thing but does what I need it to!

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    I have a Colt 1991A1 Compact Commander that is very similar to this. The only complaint I'd have regarding it is weight. With a good holster it becomes manageable, but loaded it is almost double in weight over my Glock 27 and it holds nearly half the rounds. 5+1 compared to 9+1.. 40 some ounces.. compared to 20 some ounces. Fairly significant difference. Is there anything out there lighter w/ good capacity?

The gun in the pic you quoted weighs 29oz empty. I think Ruger has a newer light weight commander model also, but I am not sure of its weight. I know the S&W comes with an 8rd mag (8+1), I don't see why the Ruger wouldn't be the same. I don't think any standard (non extended) 1911 .45acp mag holds more than 8 rounds.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I once carried a Para Ordnance officers size all steel [don't recall the model], too heavy. Next was a Glock 36, which worked great until I tried a Kahr CW45. The Kahr feels a lot better in my hands than the Glock did and shoots every bit as good. These guns have a lot of similarities in size until you wrap your hands around the grip. I'm an old revolver guy so the trigger on the Kahr is a non-issue. So nowadays if I'm packing .45, it's the Kahr.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    love my xds. just got a glock 36 so once i get off my butt and take it out and shoot it ill probably be switching back and forth between these 2

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    What do you carry it in ?? A purple velvet bag hanging on you belt.. It's allful purdy to be much of a carry pistol.

That picture was taken by Wilson Combat and in one of their catalogs before I purchased the gun (same serial number). Needless to say it shows some ware and tare with over 3000 rounds through it now. Not a purple velvet bag, usually a Milt Sparks VM2 or a Milt Sparks Axiom.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Glock G30 for me. 10+1, eats anything, superb reliability, and a great shooter. Its bigger than an XDs, but is a much better weapon IMO.
    YUP........:yesway:

That picture was taken by Wilson Combat and in one of their catalogs before I purchased the gun (same serial number). Needless to say it shows some ware and tare with over 3000 rounds through it now. Not a purple velvet bag, usually a Milt Sparks VM2 or a Milt Sparks Axiom.

:yesway:.......WORTHless, unless ya carry the damn thing.....

SUM dudes in here......jus' like ta have fancy, pricey paper weights........:):

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    YUP........:yesway:

:yesway:.......WORTHless, unless ya carry the damn thing.....

SUM dudes in here......jus' like ta have fancy, pricey paper weights........:):

Just so I am clear what your point is:

1. Any compact 45 is worthless if it is not carried.
    2. Wilson Combat makes paper weights.
    3. A good compact 45 must be plain and cheap.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Just so I am clear what your point is:

1. Any compact 45 is worthless if it is not carried.
    2. Wilson Combat makes paper weights.
    3. A good compact 45 must be plain and cheap.

:scratch:

The point IS, dude........anybody 'at pays whut 1'ese things cost......an' is afraid ta carry/USE the damn thing.....makes it a paperweight.....

unnerSTAND , now?.......:dunno:

I'd pik sum big'r letters......but they ain' got none.........

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    :scratch:

The point IS, dude........anybody 'at pays whut 1'ese things cost......an' is afraid ta carry/USE the damn thing.....makes it a paperweight.....

unnerSTAND , now?.......:dunno:

I'd pik sum big'r letters......but they ain' got none.........

But that guy carries his?

So you aren't afraid to ride your Harley in rain and snow, or else it is worthless?

Not sure how Big R letters would make your point any better?

Top Bottom