• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...and exhaust?

Seems stock. It's got the jerry can mufflers for sure. It's a bit on the quiet side. I think a small amp and subwoofer will be the next upgrade, then maybe exhaust. The "premium" Boston Acoustics stereo system is passable, but lacks a bit of bottom end.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They're not that quick. V-6's may seem peppy at first but they get boring real fast. And yes, nothing can be done to make them sound good. 300HP in a new Mustang or Camaro is not enough if you were lucky to be around during the heydays of the muscle car. Even at my advanced age, I would want at least 400HP in a car like that.

If I'm buying a car that looks fast, then I better be able to boil BOTH rear tires!:)

I used to have a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium. The 3.7 V6 had over 300hp, and did 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds. Motor Trend tested one that did 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.
    That 0-60 time is about the same as most V8 muscle cars from the 60's and 70's, and even smokes some of them. There is nothing slow about a 3.7 V6 Mustang.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I used to have a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium. The 3.7 V6 had over 300hp, and did 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds. Motor Trend tested one that did 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.
    That 0-60 time is about the same as most V8 muscle cars from the 60's and 70's, and even smokes some of them. There is nothing slow about a 3.7 V6 Mustang.
    When motor trend and other journalists test the cars they beat them away harder than any owner would.
    I am really surprised that Ford isn't putting the twin turbo v6 in the mustang yet

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    When motor trend and other journalists test the cars they beat them away harder than any owner would.
    I am really surprised that Ford isn't putting the twin turbo v6 in the mustang yet

It would be a lot better than the silly 4 banger Ecoboost motor that they defiled the Mustang with in 2015. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If you're going to go with a 6 cylinder, the Mustang would be the one to buy. It's a pretty sharp blend of economy and power. That Coyote 5.0, though, yum. It's just tough to say no to if you don't need the fuel economy for a daily driver.

Speed is more than just 0-60 and the 1/4 mile in real world use, although that's fun, too. The smaller engines do alright when you keep them revved way up, but the torque curve isn't there like in the V8s.

Using Motortrend, 45-65 mph "passing" test.
    V6 mustang: 2.7 seconds
    Coyote Mustang: 2.2 seconds
    Camaro SS: 2.1 second

When you swing out to pass on a 2 lane, you can feel that difference.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you're going to go with a 6 cylinder, the Mustang would be the one to buy. It's a pretty sharp blend of economy and power. That Coyote 5.0, though, yum. It's just tough to say no to if you don't need the fuel economy for a daily driver.

Speed is more than just 0-60 and the 1/4 mile in real world use, although that's fun, too. The smaller engines do alright when you keep them revved way up, but the torque curve isn't there like in the V8s.

Kinda makes my point about the V6 not being a slow car. Only 1/2 second difference in the passing time between the V6 and the GT? That's impressive. I see the Camaro does spank them both, though. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Kinda makes my point about the V6 not being a slow car. Only 1/2 second difference in the passing time between the V6 and the GT? That's impressive. I see the Camaro does spank them both, though. :)

It is impressive. My wife's 2015 Chrysler 200S is a 295 hp V6 in a lightweight car and a 9 speed transmission equates to a comfortable 4 door car with a 0-60 of 5.8 seconds (just for easy comparison). The transmission lets it stay in its power band for passing, and it's a remarkably poised car when it comes to handling. The 6 cylinders of today are certainly more impressive than the 6's of yesterday....but the same applies to the V8s.

"Slow" or "Fast" are relative. :D The 1980 Corvette I had was fast...for then, but probably slower than a modern Accord. The '97 Z28 I had was fast...for then, but this new Camaro spanks it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

My turbo four banger clocked in at 2.3 seconds according to them. It is like driving a go-cart that will go 155MPH.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is impressive. My wife's 2015 Chrysler 200S is a 295 hp V6 in a lightweight car and a 9 speed transmission equates to a comfortable 4 door car with a 0-60 of 5.8 seconds (just for easy comparison). The transmission lets it stay in its power band for passing, and it's a remarkably poised car when it comes to handling. The 6 cylinders of today are certainly more impressive than the 6's of yesterday....but the same applies to the V8s.

"Slow" or "Fast" are relative. :D The 1980 Corvette I had was fast...for then, but probably slower than a modern Accord. The '97 Z28 I had was fast...for then, but this new Camaro spanks it.

A buddy I used to work with was/is a gear head. If we judged by cars, his whole life must be a midlife crisis. He's always had a latest passion: Vettes, Camero's, Buick Grand National back in the day. Buy it. "fix" it. Play with it. Sell it for the next passion. He just likes to make stuff go faster. He's pretty much a GM guy, but he did break down and buy a Mustang once. I moved away and have been out of contact with him for 15 years, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet the farm that he has or has had a current generation Camaro.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I had the pleasure of driving a 2013 Camaro SS.
    Nice car & all that POWER.
    I didn't like the lack of visibility out every window. I am not the tallest guy and that may have been part of the issue.

Top Bottom