• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Monster Miata is a different animal. I had a friend who owned one of them in Louisville, bad little car. They ran 3'' pipes from the headers back through a set of resonators. Sitting at a stop light, when somebody would rev on them, the reaction when they revved back was priceless. That little thing would roar.

So, it's the Shawshank Bull Miata?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I took a ride in a race prepped tigger one time, not nationally competitive mind you but 4 seconds faster than my similarly prepared mustang on the same autocross course, and came away with a big stupid grin afterwards. I haven't looked lately but can you get a tigger as pictured for 20k anymore?

Somebody also mentioned a miata, you could call this: http://monstermiata.webs.com/ a modern version of the tigger. I did a little research on them and Mazda engineers actually assisted in the creation and refinement of the Monster Miata after they heard about the conversion and went to the manufacturer and test drove one of their mule cars. They were so impressed at how the addition of the 5.0 so greatly improved the Miata without destroying the handing that they gladly endorse the conversion.

Of course neither the Tiger or the Miata fill the requirements of the OP due to the lack of room for the child.

Holy crap! I hadn't looked in a while either. Survey says no, by a factor of 2.5 to 4.0

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The V-6 'stangs and Camaros, especially the newest ones, are well over 300 hp. That's plenty of get up and go. It may not FEEL quick because they're big and heavy cars. But look up the articles on those cars from Motor Trend and/or Road & Track.

The kicker is finding one new enough to have the latest gen engine in your budget.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like this comes with an accessory for that bad knee...

1968 Chevy C10 383 stroker vintage AC new interior new paint NICE!!!
    01111_3va50D8AxWo_600x450.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The V-6 'stangs and Camaros, especially the newest ones, are well over 300 hp. That's plenty of get up and go. It may not FEEL quick because they're big and heavy cars. But look up the articles on those cars from Motor Trend and/or Road & Track.

The kicker is finding one new enough to have the latest gen engine in your budget.

TF makes a valid point; we rented a '15 V6 Mustang Convertible while in the Keys this spring and that car was quite impressive for one like myself that believe that V6's belong at the top of an outboard motor. I'd personally give strong consideration to buying one. I've also been told that the new turbo 4 in a 1/2 pickup pulls a loaded horse trailer quite nicely. Haven't seen on do that but Car and Driver is saying 13.7 quarters straight out of the box!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    :ugh: V6, really? When shall we start collecting man cards? I have no doubt they are quick, but they still sound like crap.

:stickpoke:

They're not that quick. V-6's may seem peppy at first but they get boring real fast. And yes, nothing can be done to make them sound good. 300HP in a new Mustang or Camaro is not enough if you were lucky to be around during the heydays of the muscle car. Even at my advanced age, I would want at least 400HP in a car like that.

If I'm buying a car that looks fast, then I better be able to boil BOTH rear tires!:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    They're not that quick. V-6's may seem peppy at first but they get boring real fast. And yes, nothing can be done to make them sound good. 300HP in a new Mustang or Camaro is not enough if you were lucky to be around during the heydays of the muscle car. Even at my advanced age, I would want at least 400HP in a car like that.

If I'm buying a car that looks fast, then I better be able to boil BOTH rear tires!:)
    Well said!

If i'm buying a Camaro, it will be a ZL1. Why buy a 300hp car when they make a 600hp one?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well said!

If i'm buying a Camaro, it will be a ZL1. Why buy a 300hp car when they make a 600hp one?
    tha

That would be so cool! But I'd have to win the lottery for that many ponies. But it could be doable to get something in the 450hp range. I think with a manual transmission I wouldn't get bored with that.

Would love the ZL-1 or a Shelby...or a Hellcat.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

They feel slow because they are, at least the camaro. Too much weight, not enough low end torque.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Damn lack of love for the miatii...
    Fun as hell to drive, especially on curves and on a budget. Y'all can think what ya want! It won't affect my grin. ;)

Top Bottom