• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My wife specifically told me "no old man cars" because she knows I would have come home with a Lincoln. I sort of am an old fogey.

I do want to look at a Mustang, though. It may be a midlife-crisis-mobile, but I want my wife and son to enjoy it as well. 3 of us can't go on road trips in the 'Vette unless someone rides in the trunk.
    Does one of you sit in a car seat?

How about a Ford Focus ST?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How about a 1970 Buick GSX, Buick Grand National or Buick GNX.

I wanted a Grand National very badly back in the 80's, early 90's

1987-buick-grand-national-5_800x0w.jpg

My vote would be for something older like a few folks have recommended. But might be more than $20k to do one right, depending on what it would be. I have no idea what muscle cars from the past are going for these days, except that many are crazy $$$.

My brother who is 5 years older had muscle cars growing up (68 Mustang, an early seventies Mach 1, 73 Dodge Charger, etc)... I on the other hand just 5 years later landed in the age of the K car and Ford Fairmont. Ugh. Older muscle car would be interesting, or an old sleeper C10 pickup would be cool.

1968-chevy-c10-rear-view.jpg

161202_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Attachments

• 1968-chevy-c10-rear-view.jpg
      1968-chevy-c10-rear-view.jpg
      326.3 KB · Views: 6

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I rented this in Florida. I pretty sure I'll own one (the wife agrees). It will be a while before it drops below 20K.

attachment.php

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    M series BMW. Good performance but classy at the same time. Plus can fit the family

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Statistically speaking, I'm within a few months of being at the 50% mark of US male life expectancy. I figure that's midlife crisis time. Nothing furrin. No motorcycles until I retire and get out of the city. Then maybe I'll get an Indian. For now, I'm thinking sports car. Something that you can get in and out of without a lot of stress on the knees (ie, no C3 Corvettes, been there). Nothing furrin. Preferably under $20k. Nothing furrin. I'm thinking a stick shift. Nothing furrin.

Domestic preferred.

Options so far:
    2011+ Mustang (motors were upgraded in 2011 pretty dramatically)
    New body style Camaro. I've had 3 Camaros over the years when I was young, with the '97 Z28 with 6-speed stick being the newest and bestest.
    MAYBE an C5 Corvette. I've always liked 'Vettes. I had a C3 when I was a childish...sorry, childless soldier with no other bills to pay. I know the C5s are waaaay faster and more capable.
    Challenger, but it'd have to be a V8 and they are kinda pricey. Sweet road trip car, though.

I'm not sure how serious I am, but I have been looking at what insurance costs for various options. $40/mo for a 2000-ish Corvette. $70/mo for a 2014 V8 Mustang. You know, just in case.

M series BMW. Good performance but classy at the same time. Plus can fit the family
    Allen brings up a great option. Even a non-M 540 is bad arse.
    I also find it funny i'm just stepping into the MLC and I've got a C3 off the frame in the garage right now... and the 18yo thing I call my son has a 97 z28 I found him for his first car. Similar tastes? lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wanted a Grand National very badly back in the 80's, early 90's

1987-buick-grand-national-5_800x0w.jpg

My vote would be for something older like a few folks have recommended. But might be more than $20k to do one right, depending on what it would be. I have no idea what muscle cars from the past are going for these days, except that many are crazy $$$.

There is one of these tucked in a garage 5 houses south of my across the street. It is low miles pristine.
    The engine is fresh sitting next to the car on a stand ready to go in between the fenders. The owner has a new Mustang that is making him happy right now and plans on getting the GN done next year.

I want it. I really do. The absolute baddest offering of the "G" bodied GM's

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There is one of these tucked in a garage 5 houses south of my across the street. It is low miles pristine.
    The engine is fresh sitting next to the car on a stand ready to go in between the fenders. The owner has a new Mustang that is making him happy right now and plans on getting the GN done next year.

I want it. I really do. The absolute baddest offering of the "G" bodied GM's
    Next you're gonna say it's also a GNX, for sale, under $50K, and I'm gonna say, "I'll take it!" Then my wife is gonna divorce me, and I won't be able to afford gas for it, or cheeseburgers for me! Thanks a lot dude, way to harsh a buzz!

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    A 22 year ? Really ? Cost - WAY over $20k ! Keeping up in the sack - impossible ! Going out clubbing all weekend - not gonna happen !

Whoever made this suggestion is either denying reality or has forgotten what a 22 year is like.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    Anythin classic and clean mid 60"s Chevy Malibu, Pontiac Lemans, Ford 500, all come with a drop top don't need to pay chevelle, GTO money do a little work, that is good for the soul, put on some fancy badges then load up the Fam and cruise. Not to mention the Garage time with beer and your ride just tinkering.

Top Bottom