• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I love the Wave. Got mine off amazon for around 60.00 and then bought the extra bits. I use it all the time. Love the saw, knife, scissors, replacement bit driver.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I have had a multitude of these over the years, including the two mentioned. I either misplace them or other people like them more than me! Currently have the skeletool mentioned and it works great and is lighter & more compact but also has quality interchangeable screw driver bits. Carabiner is handy and nice for carrying/attaching to gear. The other larger,heavier & more bulky alternatives have their place too. More gadgets, heavier duty (but still limited) but if it's for keeping in a vehicle or belt worn then heft/bulk may not be an issue. EDC by pocket I'd recommend the skeletool & the wave/surge etc for keeping in your vehicle/gear.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have used quite a few of them and have found this one to be head and shoulders above the rest ST6 Tough Grip I bought several of them on closeout at menards for 10 or 20 bucks each and still have one new in the package.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have used quite a few of them and have found this one to be head and shoulders above the rest ST6 Tough Grip I bought several of them on closeout at menards for 10 or 20 bucks each and still have one new in the package.

I've used Gerbers and Leathermen over the years, but that looks really interesting. I'm going to have to check those out. I particularly like the vise grips aspect to them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Leatherman Sidekick or Wingman, both models are around $50 I think.

wingman3.JPG

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    here is imo the best multi tool money can buy. we broke so many gerbers in the army our battalion literally stopped ordering them.

1. leatherman xti charge (can be had secondary market for 80-100 bucks)

2. victorinox swisstool spirit (85 bucks or so brand new)

3. leatherman wave or similar.

4. sog power lock. great tool

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    I bought a broken 1st-gen Leatherman Wave for $25 off e-bay. I sent it to Leatherman to utilize their 25-year warrantee, and I got a brand new one (might be refurbished, but still 2nd gen and in new condition) for nothing. The Wave is a step above the Sidekick and Wingman in quality and versatility. Add in the expanded bit packs, and it is a very versatile platform. It has lower-quality steel compared to the charge series, but for $25 it is way nicer than any multi-tool I've ever had.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Leatherman Wave or Blast. Mostly because I have to have the mini screwdriver. But the Wave also has the diamond file, which has come in handy. Still like the Blast, but a lanyard ring? Really?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Perfect for all of us working in explosives.........

My thoughts exactly each and every time I see that tool.

If I needed a tactical multitool, this is more to my liking and actual use:

Leatherman multi-tools: MUT

I have and use a leatherman wave, I like it quite a bit. Purchased it for around $50-60, solid and well-made tool with a 25 year warranty, works for me.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

I have the Skeletool CX and I love it. It's the bare minimum multi tool, but it goes with me everywhere, I wear it in my pocket with the clip, and carry it in my EDC bag with the additional bits and drive extension. I take it on motorcycle trips and anytime I travel. In my opinion for day-to-day it's the perfect multi tool. The features it offers probably covers 90% of a persons multi tool needs.

I'm putting the wave on my Christmas list this year as I see a benefit of sometimes having some more tools plus the bits and drive extension will also work with the wave.

I suggest you go with the skeletool as starting point... If you decide down the road you need more, you'll still like having the skeletool around.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have carried a Skeletool for 3 years now and I just broke it yesterday trying to twist something with the pliers. I seem to use it every day for something and think it has the right amount of tools. Plus being a college student the bottle opener comes in very handy.

I will be sending it in today for warranty. It will be greatly missed for the couple of weeks that I will be without it. I also sent them an email asking if I could upgrade to the CX version. Will have to see what they say on that.

171945_514356858576068_2088937944_o.jpg

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    i picked up some kinda off brand from lowes one day, comes with multi tool, a knife, and a sheeth for like 20 bucks maybe. its cheap and no tears would be shed if lost or broken

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom