• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Where did I say I wouldn't pay the sales tax ? 8^) Yeah, I'm certain that me and every other resident in the State of Indiana completes that form. All those same people are the ones who are claiming all the cash income they've received throughout the year on their regular and part time moonlighting jobs while I was working a job for 45 years where I received a W-2 and couldn't hide anything from the government. (Yes, that is a look of irony on my face.)

Re: the tray being aluminum - sorry, still not any where close to being $45 worth of value there !

i fill one out every year. I also claim my other income. I'd just rather avoid an audit.

I just hate the fact the people exclude in state retailers to avoid the sales tax. Pretty soon, your only choice will be Amazon.com. Alan at AA Optics and Kindle at Bobcat support the gun community and yet that community bypasses them for 7 % sale tax by skirting the law.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I would hold on to the 550, I did when I got my 650. Simply because adding new calibers to 650 is so damn expensive. I load high volume rounds like 223 and 9 on the 650, everything else is on the 550 since I've already got them set up.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    How do their prices compare with ordering from Dillon or from Graf and Sons?

They're all at the MSRP.

Plainfield SS also carries d
    Dillon, but with the exception of the presses themselves, everything else is marked few bucks above MSRP.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would keep the 550-B but I have other loaders and only load 44 Mag on the dillion .
    I shoot a lot of the 44 Mag and cast bullets the 550-B can not keep up .
    It is getting to take to much time and the 650 will be faster I hope .

Docindy I guess I can not PM until I get 50 postings Sorry

OK now you have played your hand

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    i fill one out every year. I also claim my other income. I'd just rather avoid an audit.

I just hate the fact the people exclude in state retailers to avoid the sales tax. Pretty soon, your only choice will be Amazon.com. Alan at AA Optics and Kindle at Bobcat support the gun community and yet that community bypasses them for 7 % sale tax by skirting the law.

Have you written a check to the government after driving 25.1mph on 25mph zone?

How about buying off eBay and Craig's list?

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Have you written a check to the government after driving 25.1mph on 25mph zone?

How about buying off eBay and Craig's list?

Never got got a ticket for speeding for .1 over, but if I got one I'd either fight it or pay it. Never bought from Craig's list or eBay.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    There are deals on eBay and Craig's list, Arm's list, INGO, etc. I paid $150 for my 550, $800 for 650(strong mount, case feeder, roller handle, powder check, 5 sets of dies/tool heads). You just have to be patient, took me couple years to get the right deals, but I was in no hurry.

I hate paying full price retail and tax.

Sometimes the local shops are the only option, I have bought and traded with Bobcat and Pro Fire back in the day.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    Both are still a fee. I can see not wanting to pay both.

I would buy local if possible. My first machine was purchased local but the guy selling them in South Bend no longer is an option.

My last one was from Dillon direct. It was missing the accessory kit and couldn't be put together without it.

Dillon did send me the parts about a week later.

Bobcat keeps those parts in stock and would have been just a short trip away for most.

With Bobcat you get more than just price, you get someone who cares.

With paying shipping, I am contributing to the economy, providing an input to somebody's employment. Paying sales tax merely feeds the beast.
    I would imagine that I report all my unpaid sales taxes and other sources of cash income just as well as the next guy.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We would be glad to assist in any way we can.
    We have new presses, we have used presses, just a matter of what you are looking for.

Let us know if we can help anyone out.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    With paying shipping, I am contributing to the economy, providing an input to somebody's employment. Paying sales tax merely feeds the beast.
    I would imagine that I report all my unpaid sales taxes and other sources of cash income just as well as the next guy.

And buying from someone like Bobcat is getting the OP more than just a machine. It's getting him a real person that cares.

Dillon doesn't really have the ability to take care of customers like Bobcat can. I know this very well from my last mistake.

So your suggestion that feeding the beast is worse than feeding UPS. It is actually taking work away from a local Indiana company. :rolleyes:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Not opposed to supporting the local guy -however, I live in Zionsville. By the time I drive to Shelbyville and back and pay the Governor's 7% extortion fee it will add another $75 assuming I spend $800 or more for the reloader and the case feeder. I will most likely get a few other accessories like the strong mount, the roller handle, and the low primer sensor. I already have the dies. I can't see spending $45 for a plastic tray to hold the bullets so I'm sure I'll pass on that.

If I could get within $15 to $20 then maybe.

Kimball sometimes comes to FNS at MCFG, and I think he will bring stuff if asked.

Dillon will charge shipping, so that cuts into the sales tax bite.

And it might be unwise to advertise in an online forum that you buy online to avoid paying sales tax. Since Indiana requires that you pay sales tax on out of state purchases, that's called tax evasion.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    zDcF7.gif

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sometimes, people like to support local business, and INGO advertisers. They appreciate the Face to Face contact with these vendors. They see them at local shows, and shooting events. It makes them approachable, the vendors understand their customer better, and then word gets around about how good of service these guys provide... Ultimately saving us money in the long run, and gaining confidence and friendships along the way.

Or you can save a few bucks today and buy off the interwebz...

Top Bottom