• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Now now... It is what it is. Mayhap he'll come around, like other INGO members have done in the past ;)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Hey I just order a 650 from Dillon for my son's birthday present, my local supplier of Dillon is no longer here, he was a good friend and I miss him

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ok it's official, I have lost my mind. Son's 650 arrived on Thursday, wife said thought you were going to get one too. Said well,I will be checking forums. Thursday afternoon about 5 checked reloading section bobcat had a 650 listed with everything from strong mounts to casefeeder. I figured it's gone by now, called holly crap he still had it! Wife said get it, drove to Shelbyville FRIDAY and got it. Great looking press only thing left to add would be a bullet feeder. If I ever figure out how to post a picture I will. Thanks. Kimball

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Ok it's official, I have lost my mind. Son's 650 arrived on Thursday, wife said thought you were going to get one too. Said well,I will be checking forums. Thursday afternoon about 5 checked reloading section bobcat had a 650 listed with everything from strong mounts to casefeeder. I figured it's gone by now, called holly crap he still had it! Wife said get it, drove to Shelbyville FRIDAY and got it. Great looking press only thing left to add would be a bullet feeder. If I ever figure out how to post a picture I will. Thanks. Kimball

Nice meeting You!

You should have said something about the Bulletfeeder while you were here.....we have them in stock.

Let me know if you'd like a Bulletfeeder and thanks again!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Great store, I always enjoy shopping there, don't go in near as much as I should, but I don't reload also.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Got my 650 dialed in to load 9mm yesterday.

Everything you heard about the spent primer is true. It sucks.

I tested a batch of 100, the total number of spent primer got caught in the tray is ZERO.

Off to eBay to find some solutions.

The only stoppage I had was due to crimped primer pockets. My Super swage worked beautifully.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I tested a batch of 100, the total number of spent primer got caught in the tray is ZERO.

You are doing something wrong then. We get maybe 5 missed in 1000 on the 650s we've ran.

As you sure the cup is on right?

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Got my 650 dialed in to load 9mm yesterday.

Everything you heard about the spent primer is true. It sucks.

Off to eBay to find some solutions.

The only stoppage I had was due to crimped primer pockets. My Super swage worked beautifully.

I just picked up a 650 a few weeks ago and have been having a really good time with it. I've loaded a couple thousand rounds of 9mm and had very few spent primers miss the cup. Its not a big worry to me if they do though I did read about the issue. On the other hand the ski ramp for the fresh primers that miss the case is really painful. About half of the primers that hit the ramp jump over the side. Since you can't turn off the primer feed on the 650 its annoying. You run out of bullets but still have 3 cases to run through the rest of the dies and that means you either dump 3 primers or prime 3 cases to set aside, which is what I've been doing. At some point later when you run the primer system out you can take your primed cases and slip them into the system at the priming station.
    I have had some powder popping out of the 9mm cases due to the jerky stop and start of the shell plate but not as much as I thought I'd have from the reviews. So far I'm pretty pleased.

Frank

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I just picked up a 650 a few weeks ago and have been having a really good time with it. I've loaded a couple thousand rounds of 9mm and had very few spent primers miss the cup. Its not a big worry to me if they do though I did read about the issue. On the other hand the ski ramp for the fresh primers that miss the case is really painful. About half of the primers that hit the ramp jump over the side. Since you can't turn off the primer feed on the 650 its annoying. You run out of bullets but still have 3 cases to run through the rest of the dies and that means you either dump 3 primers or prime 3 cases to set aside, which is what I've been doing. At some point later when you run the primer system out you can take your primed cases and slip them into the system at the priming station.
    I have had some powder popping out of the 9mm cases due to the jerky stop and start of the shell plate but not as much as I thought I'd have from the reviews. So far I'm pretty pleased.

Frank

First of all, I should disclose I do not nor have i ever owned a Dillon reloader. When I investigated loaders I ended up purchasing a Hornady Lock n Load based on how that press advanced the shell plate half way on the down stroke and the remainder on the upstroke. This was said to minimize the powder jump from the case mouth and I will attest that it functioned well.

With that being said, one of my friends has the Dillon XL650 and really likes it. While doing my research before purchasing a reloader I did some looking around on YouTube and I recall there are videos that explain how to minimize the powder jump issue when the shell plate advances.

The annual member survey done by the IDPA of competitive shooters who reload has revealed something like 90% of those reloading are using a Dillon. My friend constantly brags about the Dillon guarantee and I hear that universally from other reloaders.

Top Bottom