• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Are the 365s fixed yet? They were breaking firing pins and having other reliability issues.

It's ironic you have a Military Arms Channel patch with your 365, Tim likes the gun but won't carry it due to the three lemons he's received...

The irony was intentional, I have 1,800~ down the pipe on this March 2018 gun with no issues what so ever. My father has bought 2 more (I believe early 2019 manufactur) with no issues as well. The bad MIM striker issues have been fixed.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The irony was intentional, I have 1,800~ down the pipe on this March 2018 gun with no issues what so ever. My father has bought 2 more (I believe early 2019 manufactur) with no issues as well. The bad MIM striker issues have been fixed.

I sure hope so. I've been tempted to get one, but have been trying to wait until the issues were fully ironed out.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    Great choice! Now don't look back, try not to second guess yourself. There are a lot of great carry pistols out there and you just picked one the best!

Practice, practice, train, repeat until you are super familiar with it.

As far as holsters, that's a whole nutha journey!:)

If you are going IWB, I can't help. I tried those and they don't work for me. As soon as I went OWB, I started carrying 80% more. I can help you with OWB if you go that direction. I have tried many and currently have different brands for different guns so I can tell you all about them.
    Yeah I used to carry a subcompact glock iwb with a crossbreed holster. While I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable I just couldn't get used to it. I already have a s&w bodyguard for summer carry, so carrying the shield owb under a hoodie/flannel in the fall/ winter would probably be optimal. Just curious what owb holsters, if any, would be the most concealable/comfortable?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah I used to carry a subcompact glock iwb with a crossbreed holster. While I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable I just couldn't get used to it. I already have a s&w bodyguard for summer carry, so carrying the shield owb under a hoodie/flannel in the fall/ winter would probably be optimal. Just curious what owb holsters, if any, would be the most concealable/comfortable?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have found that the pancake style leather holster from a reputable maker fits good, conceals well and is comfortable.

I have ones made by ETW, Tucker Gun Leather and my most recent is a Wright Leatherworks holster. Wright is really proud of there product and while I will say it is nice, I'm not sure it's any better really than my ETW or my Tucker.

What I like about a good pancake is that they fit high and tight, don't make any noise and fit better the more you wear it.

I could carry my S&W 586 and conceal it with my Tucker. And my CZ P10C fits nicely in the Wright. I use the ETW for my Shield.

I would recommend all three based on my personal experience but I'm sure there are many others that will work fine. I tend to do a lot of research and create spreadsheets to make comparisons and with my Wright purchase, I compared it to White Hat, Tucker, Simply Rugged, TT, Galco and a couple others. I probably would have bought another ETW, but he was too late in getting back to me due mostly to my lack of patience. :) In the end, I got the Wright.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Ive had a lot of them. Glock 43, 43x, 48, Shield, XDs, but once I got my hands on the Ruger LC9s Pro I was sold. Trigger is outstanding and it carries very good. Mostly its the trigger though, so smooth. Check one out if you get a chance. I have a Hogue handall grip on mine and it just melts into my hand.

Added bonus, its a lot cheaper than a lot of others (ie; more money for ammo/holster/etc.)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    There is no “best.” People have different wants and needs. Go fondle and shoot as many as you can.

Pretty much my response...find what's comfortable and then shoot it to see if you like it.

I like Sig Sauer P-225 / P-6...but don't rule out the new Glock 48...it has a great feel to it in just holding it.

Smithkowitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2017
    PAC NW
    Good luck with the Shield

Best of luck with the Shield. I like S&W pistols, and my M&P Compact 9 & 40 (original models), but did not care for the Shield 40. Just didn't feel as comfortable in the hand as the Sig P938, or Kimber Micro 9 do. The extended mag sleeve on the Shield used to move around too, and pinch the palm occasionally. Traded in the Shield 40 and the Sig P938, prefer the Kimber Micro 9 and the NEW Mossberg MC1sc for striker style.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I finally gave up on double stack pistols for CC. The last couple of years I have carried an M&P Performance Center Shield. It functions well, it is accurate, and it is easy to conceal.

judgecrater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Can't say what is best but consider the S&W Shield. With the MagGuts extension I have 10+1 in a small pistol.

Top Bottom