• ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I resisted the Shield for a long time.

I wanted to like the Beretta Nano (big Beretta fan here) but it just feels like a cap gun in your hand. Bersa BP9 had the same issue. Glock had no yet released their new models of single stack, so the only other options were Ruger (meh... OK, but nothing exciting) S&W or Walther PPS. The PPS is probably the best quality gun of them all, but its only a tiny bit better than the shield ,and its twice the price.

That's how I ended up with a shield.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Whats wrong with Springfield getting the dough?

Some people got mad at them a couple years ago so they decided to not do business with them. They made some kind of statement regarding some Illinois licensing and I guess they flip-flopped on what they said.

I really didn't follow it as I'm not in the market to buy anything but I'm sure others will explain it.

It's up to you whether to join in on the boycott or not.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you buy an XDS please buy it used. That way Springfield gets none of your money. Just throwing that out there. :)

Yes, we should endeavor to put all firearms manufacturers out of business. S&W colluded with the Clintons, Bill Ruger thinks you are a POS if you need more than 10 rounds, CZs are made by former commies and Glocks were born in the same place as Hitler! Just throwing that out there...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I recently acquired a used but never fired Glock 43 9mm and with Pierce +1 mag extensions, fits in my smaller hands like a glove.
    Accuracy...it's a tack-driver, and I'm very pleased with it's fit, feel, accuracy, reliability, size, etc.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I would take a look at the p365xl. Its not a "single stack". However, its double stack makes are designed so well its very close to the width of a single stack.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    My favorite single stack is my 225-A1.

Not single stacks but my HK USP 9 LEM compact and CZ PO1 SDP are only fractions wider than the 225. Love all three.

AjKilgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Northern Area
    I carry the MP Shield 2.0 with 8 shot mag. I really like it but it is bigger than i expected originally and i am still not used to the lack of a safety yet.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve only ever shot the XDS9, but I love my MP Shield 9, it’s a small sub compact single stack that shoots like a compact to me. I like that I can put the 8 rd mags if needed.

Although I’ve either been carrying Glock 19 for casual wear or Pocket carrying the PF9 during work

The Shield hasn’t really been worn in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My fav is my XDS9 4". I also throw the XDS45 4" in rotation at times. JMHO with the extended mags they shoot like full size to me and carry like compacts.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love my Glock 43, but I'm partial to Glocks. I've found no faults with it, and I picked it up up soon after its release. I have at least 1000 rounds through it. No issues other than a Tula round stovepiping.

I was very tempted by the Sig P365 due to the fact that it's about the same size as the 43, and it isn't single stack.

Top Bottom