• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Enforcement isn't the priority. There is no way to rule an honest man. To rule them you must first make them criminals.

Well said. I've been a lawful gun owner for almost 40 years, suddenly I could be a criminal with the stroke of an ATF pen. They don't have to send Beto door to door, just keep me looking over my shoulder, sweating it out. Year after year. Drip, drip, drip...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    B0ADUNaTldvJ.gif

laughing-laugh.gif

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Enforcement isn't the priority. There is no way to rule an honest man. To rule them you must first make them criminals.
    Looking for some legal analysis:

"Heller" said the 2A protected our RIGHT to own firearms as +/- "those in common use and not typically subject to bans" (bastardized definition to appease justice Kennedy)

The NFA and later congressional ban on new full-auto firearms, arguably makes ownership of full-auto, SBRs, suppressors, a PRIVILEDGE subject to extra gov't scrutiny and a punitive tax--and don't your dare lose your laminated permission slip!

Given the difference, how would biden get SCOTUS to approve applying the NFA to all semi-auto guns, if it got to them? I'm counting john roberts on the left wing of the court

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well said. I've been a lawful gun owner for almost 40 years, suddenly I could be a criminal with the stroke of an ATF pen. They don't have to send Beto door to door, just keep me looking over my shoulder, sweating it out. Year after year. Drip, drip, drip...
    Exactly. The won't send the Beta-squad door to door, the enforcement will be in drips...after each defensive use etc

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    <font color="#800080">Glad I dont have to worry about this since my double barrel shotgun comes pre approved by ol uncle joe himself

[video=youtube_share;Kj1GaX_-E-E]https://youtu.be/Kj1GaX_-E-E?t=43[/video]

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Looking for some legal analysis:

"Heller" said the 2A protected our RIGHT to own firearms as +/- "those in common use and not typically subject to bans" (bastardized definition to appease justice Kennedy)

The NFA and later congressional ban on new full-auto firearms, arguably makes ownership of full-auto, SBRs, suppressors, a PRIVILEDGE subject to extra gov't scrutiny and a punitive tax--and don't your dare lose your laminated permission slip!

Given the difference, how would biden get SCOTUS to approve applying the NFA to all semi-auto guns, if it got to them? I'm counting john roberts on the left wing of the court
    I would like to know this too.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I remember this...and I remember the guy that fired his shotgun in the air to scare off robbers/drug dealers... Then the police arrested him for reckless discharge of a firearm....brace yourself, remember $4+ gallon gasoline, 401k's worth 201, mortgage rates around 7 to 8%, house foreclosures....and we have COVID to boot!!!!!

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    My guess on enforcement would be through tax collection. Then non compliance would take the same path as tax payment avoidance. Th logistics behind door to door confiscation would be problematic for them. My reasoning behind this is based on the approach they took with ACA. Call it a tax and all the mechanisms are already in place. Wage garnishment, bank accounts frozen, assets seized and sold. You get the picture.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I believe each high capacity magazine would also be $200 NFA stamp.

According his website you will hand over any magazine over 10rds.
    He's not just after Ar or AK He's after anything semiautomatic that can fire more than 10rds. So your 10/22 will be on that list and your Taurus TX 22

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Probably at least 10 million AR 15s in America out of the 300 +million guns.
    We could just say no.
    They only got 10% compliance in Australia when they pulled their confiscation scheme the last I heard.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    3%. Read into it what you will.

Well, what I read into that is, regardless of whatever other people think or do there is going to come a point where I have to do what I think is righteous, and when I do that, I may not have very much support or very many allies. However, that's not going to dissuade me from a righteous cause. It didn't dissuade the men who came before me, the men who created this assemblage of states, united in the common cause of liberty to form a nation. They created documents to reinforce certain beliefs, and while these documents did not grant rights to the citizens of these United States, they enumerated these basic human rights and serve as a protection from the government usurping or infringing on these rights. When a government substititues its whims for those enumerated rights, it falls on the citizenry to exercise those rights to remind the goverment that it is subservient to the people, not the master of them.

Well, that's what I read into it. Let me know if I'm off base here. ;)

Top Bottom