• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Well, what I read into that is, regardless of whatever other people think or do there is going to come a point where I have to do what I think is righteous, and when I do that, I may not have very much support or very many allies. However, that's not going to dissuade me from a righteous cause. It didn't dissuade the men who came before me, the men who created this assemblage of states, united in the common cause of liberty to form a nation. They created documents to reinforce certain beliefs, and while these documents did not grant rights to the citizens of these United States, they enumerated these basic human rights and serve as a protection from the government usurping or infringing on these rights. When a government substititues its whims for those enumerated rights, it falls on the citizenry to exercise those rights to remind the goverment that it is subservient to the people, not the master of them.

Well, that's what I read into it. Let me know if I'm off base here. ;)

Amen

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well, we beat the Nazis the first time with M-1 Garands. :dunno:
    I have it from a good source (Instagram) that it was the 1911 that won 2 world wars.

It's more about the sincerity of our position, the idea that we are defending our homeland (rights) than the weapon.
    Theoretically, they can see in our safes and annihilate us with a laser from a UAV and we are severely outgunned. But they are just hired men.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well, what I read into that is, regardless of whatever other people think or do there is going to come a point where I have to do what I think is righteous, and when I do that, I may not have very much support or very many allies. However, that's not going to dissuade me from a righteous cause. It didn't dissuade the men who came before me, the men who created this assemblage of states, united in the common cause of liberty to form a nation. They created documents to reinforce certain beliefs, and while these documents did not grant rights to the citizens of these United States, they enumerated these basic human rights and serve as a protection from the government usurping or infringing on these rights. When a government substititues its whims for those enumerated rights, it falls on the citizenry to exercise those rights to remind the goverment that it is subservient to the people, not the master of them.

Well, that's what I read into it. Let me know if I'm off base here. ;)
    You passed all the bases and hit the home run. Great minds think alike. Really tired of people trying to trample on my rights. There comes a time when a man has to stand up for what he believes.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, we beat the Nazis the first time with M-1 Garands. :dunno:

Spoiler alert: Those M1 Garands look an awful lot like weapons of war that have no business on our streets, according to the former White House occupant.

I will not be feeding the crocodile in the hopes that he is too full to eat me next.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    You passed all the bases and hit the home run. Great minds think alike. Really tired of people trying to trample on my rights. There comes a time when a man has to stand up for what he believes.

Yes, and I wonder how many younger people know about how and for what purpose our country was founded, and why it's structured the way it is. I was taught this in school. but my kids weren't, so I had to teach them myself. I looked at their history books every year, and taught them what was true and what was "adjusted history", and flat out liberal slant (lies).

One of the rep comments I received for my earlier post commented that they hoped there were young people who felt the same way as I do. I like to believe there are. I've tried to make a few myself.

The biggest problem I see with people of all ages though is that they view our country as one giant Federal nation with 50 geographical subdivisions called States. We are not that. We are not that AT ALL. We are 50 state powers, that are supposed to be united in common purpose toward furthering the cause of liberty. Some of our own citizens see us as "the united states of AMERICA", when they should be seeing us as "THE UNITED STATES of america". These are the people who support the government running roughshod over the states, trying to force solutions at a federal level for problems that should fall within the states' powers, and using the insidious power of the federal purse to do so. These are the people who want things like a national popular vote for the presidency, destroying the power and value of individual states. There is an ever-widening gulf of beliefs in this country between the people who understand what this nation was supposed to be, and what it is becoming. God help us all if continues on the path of what it it is becoming. God help our descendants.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Spoiler alert: Those M1 Garands look an awful lot like weapons of war that have no business on our streets, according to the former White House occupant.

I will not be feeding the crocodile in the hopes that he is too full to eat me next.

Me neither, but as a writer there's a fun synchronicity in the thought that Nazis 2.0 would lose to the same hardware.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Before anyone considers paying the $200, understand it is also $200 PER MAGAZINE if it is over 10 rounds. This is likely all handgun magazines as well. This of course would be the first round of demands. More would follow and when the school was shot up again by one of their paid Democrats, they would just insist you turn them all in and now that they are registered, it would be hard to claim you don't have them. Anyone who wants to see his current plan can go to his actual web site, just click on the go to the web site at the top right without donating to his campaign.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Molon-Labe-Guns-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker__81302.1511166475.jpg

Top Bottom