• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Since you're not it speaks volumes to me about you and further supports my opinion of you based on your posts.
    Good luck with the Dillon set up, I hope your dealings with everyone else in life live up to your standards!

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    It was OK for it to wait until you finished traveling for work but it can’t wait until you return from vacation?

I think you may have missed his second vacation reference. He is on vacation to get the machine assembled. Now the parts will arrive after he has to go back to work.

I can see the reason to request next day delivery.

and was on vacation this week to dedicate time to get the machine up and running?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Since you're not it speaks volumes to me about you and further supports my opinion of you based on your posts.
    Good luck with the Dillon set up, I hope your dealings with everyone else in life live up to your standards![/

Sorry if I some how offended you, but you still don't know me and are making a judgement call from the internet.

I will be fine with my Dillon setup as will my buddy. It's a great company that in my opinion just needs a little tune up on the customer service part.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    No, we clearly understand that the box wasn't inventoried when it arrived for xxxx reason. We understand that when it was inventoried for set up, some time later, the items were found to be missing.
    We understand that with an upcoming vacation the items would have like to have been overnighted.
    And we understand that if the box had been inventoried when arrived this would be a non issue other than the op would still have complained about the company haveing forgotten parts, and not doing what he feels in his mind is the proper way of dealing with their mistakes.
    believe me, we get it!

this was in response to Jeepster

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think you may have missed his second vacation reference. He is on vacation to get the machine assembled. Now the parts will arrive after he has to go back to work.

I can see the reason to request next day delivery.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I never demanded anything, I simply asked a question.

My Grandkids are currently living with me (boys 7 & 8) so I didn't want the boxes open to inventory until ready to assemble. Boys are curious and I didn't want to tempt them with shiny objects :):

I guess I need clarify my reasoning for starting the thread. Dillon is a great company and I was just very surprised by how the guy handled the situation.

My post was not to bash Dillon it was just me sharing a recent experience with my peers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    And we understand that if the box had been inventoried when arrived this would be a non issue other than the op would still have complained about the company haveing forgotten parts, and not doing what he feels in his mind is the proper way of dealing with their mistakes.
    believe me, we get it!

You seem to have a personal issue with me by the assumptions you keep making.
    How exactly do you know what I would have done?

You have started to become a troll in this thread. I'm more than willing to continue this conversation with you in a PM. If not move along.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I told him I was hoping to give them good feedback on INGO that has 30,000 members but since they were unwilling to go out of their way then I would post what they did.

so telling us what they did wasn't done with the intention of portraying them in a negative light? Come on, that's what bashing is

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You do know all these items you seek are in stock at our shop, right? We are also set up at the Indy1500 this weekend if anyone needs anything.

Mention your lack of Dillon swag when you are in the shop next time....we have some bags I can give you. We got a bunch from Dillon at SHOT for this very reason.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No, we clearly understand that the box wasn't inventoried when it arrived for xxxx reason. We understand that when it was inventoried for set up, some time later, the items were found to be missing.
    We understand that with an upcoming vacation the items would have like to have been overnighted.
    believe me, we get it!

He paid them for stuff and they didn't provide it, that puts them in breach of their contract. Generally people who unintentionally breach their contracts and want to keep customers do something pleasant for those customers to show them that they value them and to mitigate any damages they may have suffered.

It isn't just a customer service issue, it is an issue of whether or not you fulfill the contracts you enter and what you do when you fail to do so unintentionally.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    And in my opinion they are doing an outstanding job of customer service by not putting the burden of proof on him. Bring in legal terms like breech of contract and they can play the game too and drag this out forever and never send you a thing. A lawyer would say pretty convenient that you waited how long to open the box and say anything. What proof do you have it wasn't in there? An unboxing video?

so let's not blur the lines here between a legal issue, a customer service issue and a customer satisfaction issue

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    And in my opinion they are doing an outstanding job of customer service by not putting the burden of proof on him. Bring in legal terms like breech of contract and they can play the game too and drag this out forever and never send you a thing. A lawyer would say pretty convenient that you waited how long to open the box and say anything. What proof do you have it wasn't in there? An unboxing video?

so let's not blur the lines here between a legal issue, a customer service issue and a customer satisfaction issue

I don't think you understand how this works. Perhaps go through article 2 of the UCC and I think you may see that some of your assumptions about how sales contracts work are incorrect. In this case, the buyer has already fully performed his end of the contract by paying $1600. Seller then has the burden of performing which in this case it sounds like unintentionally didn't happen.

If you think that providing great customer service consists of nothing more then not assuming, without proof, that your customers are trying to steal from you, I really question what you really think customer service is. When you have $1600 of someone's money prior to beginning performance on your end of the contract, you should probably be pretty religious about making sure you perform on your end.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    And I think you're reaching by applying any of this to our scenario. While the law is as it's written I'd love to see anyone file suit for something as trivial as this simply for the principal behind it.
    And maybe my opinion of CS is skewed by the fact that a) I don't see $1600 as a lot of money and b) they resolved the issue

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    And I think you're reaching by applying any of this to our scenario. While the law is as it's written I'd love to see anyone file suit for something as trivial as this simply for the principal behind it.
    And maybe my opinion of CS is skewed by the fact that a) I don't see $1600 as a lot of money and b) they resolved the issue
    If someone accused me of fraud by lying about whether or not they delivered stuff to me, I would be more than happy to walk across the street to the courthouse and file. They can fly their lawyers in or hire local. Either way I know who's representing me and I know who is already losing money.

Or there's the really cheap way of doing it by contesting the credit card charges, telling them to pick up their non-conforming delivery, and having your credit card company litigate the case for you. You probably couldn't do that in this case though because I would guess that acceptance had been achieved prior to the breach been realized.

It's cool and all that you're rich, but if you think that is impressing or convincing anyone in this thread I think you might be wrong.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Your wrong. I stated a personal fact, I don't think $1600 is a lot of money. If you wanna run with it and make assumptions about what I meant then please, let me correct you.

I don't think $1600 is a lot of money PERIOD
    do not run with the statement. and to be honest, in a different world, I'd love to see my lawyers go up against yours

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Your wrong. I stated a personal fact, I don't think $1600 is a lot of money. If you wanna run with it and make assumptions about what I meant then please, let me correct you.

I don't think $1600 is a lot of money PERIOD
    do not run with the statement. and to be honest, in a different world, I'd love to see my lawyers go up against yours

I think we've all got it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom